Help ! Can no longer access my account due to 2-factor authentication

Started 14 Feb 2019
by blueselect
in Tavern
Hi all, since last night I can no longer log ingame.

The new 2-factor authentication requires access to the original email address used to create the account, but I no longer can use that email address (forgot the password). The overnight post introducing 2-factor authentication says one should contact staff in such a situation to have their email address changed, but how (and where ?) should I contact them?

Please help, I don't want to lose my char
Thu 14 Feb 2019 9:58 AM by gruenesschaf
See the reply in that thread, contact Uthred, Sherany, Cookie, Vivien or Ashok in EU time or Benfalk, LRFalk01 and Maxim in US time via PM here in forum
Thu 14 Feb 2019 3:35 PM by Waldo78
Every time I use my original email to verify it says it's already verified and the launcher will not log me in. Changed my password hoping that may work but still nothing. Is it supposed to send a new verification email?
Thu 14 Feb 2019 5:11 PM by Numatic
Waldo78 wrote:
Thu 14 Feb 2019 3:35 PM
Every time I use my original email to verify it says it's already verified and the launcher will not log me in. Changed my password hoping that may work but still nothing. Is it supposed to send a new verification email?

They had to reboot the Auth server which means you need to re-verify (everyone had to do it). If you no longer have access to that email then yes, contact the staff because you were sent a new verify email which will happen whenever they have to reboot the auth server (which is rare). So make sure to remember to use an email you wont lose next time after they sort it out for you.
Thu 14 Feb 2019 7:29 PM by Fribrand
Feeling let down by staff...

The great news is that they actually responded to my messages and tried to help.

The bad news is that they can't send the link to a Yahoo email account???
WHY! WHY! WHY!

I hate Google.
HATE! HATE! HATE!
They trade/sell/misuse ALL of OUR personal information.
If you have a Google account... CLOSE it. Delete all the personal information you can from them and never trust them.

I don't understand how the people at Phoenix freeshard (obviously pretty smart peeps) can not send me an email?
When are they going to fix that?
Are they going to fix that?
(Or are they part of the EVIL Goolge empire?)

Can someone from Phx please keep us Yahoo users up to date on when u will actually be able to send us a simple email?
Thu 14 Feb 2019 7:30 PM by chryso
Obviously anyone can send an email to a Yahoo address. I believe your problem is on the Yahoo side.
Thu 14 Feb 2019 9:03 PM by Ashok
Fribrand wrote:
Thu 14 Feb 2019 7:29 PM

The great news is that they actually responded to my messages and tried to help.

WHY! WHY! WHY!

Can someone from Phx please keep us Yahoo users up to date on when u will actually be able to send us a simple email?

Yahoo - and some others mail providers - are blocking/filtering mails from our mail server; for whatever reason.
Where possible we're in touch with their support to be removed from their blacklist, but we do not expect them to resolve it today.

You can either continue to wait or contact us via Discord/forum PM with below information to change the mail to a different one:

- account name
- name of two or more characters on the account
- current mail address
- new mail address

Mail provider that work definitely are Google, Hotmail, Outlook. It's your choice.

Cheers,
Ashok
Thu 14 Feb 2019 9:13 PM by Gfxygames
Ashok wrote:
Thu 14 Feb 2019 9:03 PM
Fribrand wrote:
Thu 14 Feb 2019 7:29 PM

WHY! WHY! WHY!

Yahoo - and some others mail providers - are blocking/filtering mails from our mail server; for whatever reason.
Where possible we're in touch with their support to be removed from their blacklist, but we do not expect them to resolve it today.

You can either continue to wait or contact us via Discord/forum PM with below information to change the mail to a different one:

- account name
- name of two or more characters on the account
- current mail address
- new mail address

Mail provider that work definitely are Google, Hotmail, Outlook. It's your choice.

Cheers,
Ashok

You might want to change "mail address" to "e-mail address" so ppl don't get the wrong impression
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Tavern or the latest topics