Macro question

Started 11 Feb 2019
by Kyosji
in Tavern
Is there a way to macro a key to swap to melee fighting at the same time as a single skill? I'm using an inf, and I have to use a crossbow to pull mobs, then I have to hit another key to swap to my melee weapons before i can attack. It doesn't always work so streamline when doing it that way because of key placements. Is there a way I can macro a way to have my weapon swap to melee the same time i use an ability like puncture?
Tue 12 Feb 2019 6:42 AM by Koljar
You can make a macro that switches your weapon and adds a styled attack. What you're not allowed is using repeditive and timed macros that e.g. include delays.
Tue 12 Feb 2019 12:21 PM by Kyosji
But how do I do it?
Tue 12 Feb 2019 12:28 PM by Koljar
Have a keyboard and/or mouse that enable that.
Tue 12 Feb 2019 12:52 PM by Sepplord
there is also software that does it, can't comment though which is easy to configure and freely available
Wed 13 Feb 2019 1:02 AM by lohk
Kyosji wrote:
Mon 11 Feb 2019 5:12 PM
Is there a way to macro a key to swap to melee fighting at the same time as a single skill? I'm using an inf, and I have to use a crossbow to pull mobs, then I have to hit another key to swap to my melee weapons before i can attack. It doesn't always work so streamline when doing it that way because of key placements. Is there a way I can macro a way to have my weapon swap to melee the same time i use an ability like puncture?

If you have a gaming keyboard such as Thermaltake/Corsair/Razer, you will have software installed on your computer to control it (or for your mouse as well).
In those programs they have macro options to create. You would simply set your melee weapon key as a macro that will press that button as well as the style button at the same time and then program that macro to your key.
As an example... (in this case your right hand weapon is set to comma, and your anytime is set to 1).
Macro start;
- Press ,
- Press 1
End Macro
Put that macro on your button in the keyboard placement (again, depending on your software).
And repeat that for every style key you have.
If you're unsure, feel free to message me on discord (same name as here)
Wed 13 Feb 2019 5:01 PM by Kyosji
Welp, apparently the Corsair K70 Vengeance does not support macros...sad, considering the age and price and type of keyboard it is.
Thu 14 Feb 2019 11:31 PM by Kyosji
Ok, I swapped over to a K95 RGB Platinum. How do I exactly set a macro to do the following:

I have bow out. Mob comes close to me. I hit 1 on my keyboard to do an attack. 1 changes from range to melee before performing the attack. I'd really like to know this because i'm not sure how to do it.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Tavern or the latest topics