Best Solo Class

Started 19 Jan 2019
by Ballwrath
in Tavern
Hello, I'm looking to play a class that would be best for more solo style RVR, I can group occasionally but my life won't allow me to discord much so was looking for something that I can do on my own when I can make time to play. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.
Sat 19 Jan 2019 11:05 PM by Drolio
Sorcerer is great, able to charm any mob in the game as a pet, and the charm doesn't really break.
Have mana regen buff.
Have a medium run speed buff.
Mezzes, Stuns.
Spam lifedrain as it does best damage if you're going Mind main
Sat 19 Jan 2019 11:37 PM by WyandVoidbringer
I'm in a similar spot. I'd love to group up and get on Discord, but I can't. So I'm leveling a Shadowblade in the hopes that I can have fun in RvR.
Sat 19 Jan 2019 11:43 PM by BetterUthgard
Honestly, one of the better solo classes all around is the Bonedancer. You make your own friends, have some of the best solo groups, and can have decent dps. How you decide to spec is a matter of opinion and play style. They are also one of the best pve farming classes. You are vulnerable to many other classes, but most of the time, it's about who gets the jump off first. Kiting is also a friend to the Bd in PvP. But if you want a class that gets lots of groups despite not being able to talk, make a shaman or warden or other type of secondary healer class for buffs.
Sun 20 Jan 2019 2:15 PM by Numatic
For solo RvR you're going to want an assasin class. Each have their own advantages. Just keep in mind they are a chore to lvl cuz noone wants them in a group. If that's not your style, I'd also suggest a minstrel or skald. Minstrels have stealth but rarely spec in it. Speed, mezz, stun, and can charm powerful pets. I constantly see them running around with red con pets. Skald are a little more melee specced and can use a 2h weapon, but pretty much the same deal as the minstrel minus the pet and stealth. They are also wanted in groups for PvE
Wed 13 Feb 2019 9:08 PM by Catkain
I am having an absolute ball playing solo-skald! Just sayin
Wed 13 Feb 2019 9:11 PM by defiasbandit
Catkain wrote:
Wed 13 Feb 2019 9:08 PM

Bully.
Wed 13 Feb 2019 9:14 PM by chryso
My skald is 48, leveled mostly solo, minstrels have been my bane while trying to do xp tasks.
Midgard has SO MANY xp tasks in the frontier.
Wed 13 Feb 2019 9:17 PM by Catkain
defiasbandit wrote:
Wed 13 Feb 2019 9:11 PM
Catkain wrote:

Bully.

Ah man, I try to be respectful with exp’ers! And I don’t kill grays (except if they attack). But in the end if they are worth rps, that’s why I’m out there. Most of them can get on their 50 and have very good odds 1v1
Wed 13 Feb 2019 10:35 PM by Eodis
Personal preference for solo : Minstrel >>> Melee stealthers > Archers > Skald > Enchant/Sorc/Theu

To be fair a lot of other classes could work as well but speed/stealth are really usefull, you will get bored faster without it because you will roam much slower and die on first group. Not taking this parameter into account, for pure 1v1, my bet would be on reaver/hero/valewalker with an appropriate RA spec.
Thu 14 Feb 2019 7:17 PM by BisbyHoughton
Catkain wrote:

He's in it for the ><> everybody!
Thu 14 Feb 2019 8:59 PM by Truen
Necromancers are solo machines.
Sat 16 Feb 2019 12:59 PM by joga
He asked about RvR
Sat 16 Feb 2019 7:19 PM by Tavi
Skald is prob the best straight forward class for rvr
Mon 18 Feb 2019 5:12 PM by lefo
Id also add shaman. 1v1 he is unkillable.
Tue 19 Feb 2019 10:22 AM by inoeth
imo nightshade is one of the strongest solo classes, very strong melee and also does good dmg at range
Tue 19 Feb 2019 6:58 PM by Kyosji
For RvR almost any stealth class. Range bow types can hit a random target out of nowhere, which would be best for others doing PvE in RvR areas. Once you're seen, though, range firing is harder to do as they will put anything they can on you to interrupt shots. Melee stealth types like Infiltrator are amazing as well. They can stealth attack from behind or in front of a target and stack bleeds, slows, and stuns. Their poison usage also makes sure the gifts keep on giving. Basically if you hit a caster type first, chances are you're walking out of the fight with little issues. The others are hit or miss.
Tue 19 Feb 2019 10:05 PM by MisterCotton
Smite cleric, fight me.
Wed 20 Feb 2019 4:19 PM by Horus
Leveling is so easy here even if solo doesn't really come into consideration IMO..

I would say an assassin class but given the way RvR tasks are setup it hard not to go with Skald/Minst or even Bard.

Easy perma sprint speed 6 so you can escape enemies, and you can get to realm task locations fast and easy for mindless RPs

My experience so far is Skald would be the choice but Minsts are nice too just because so many tools...

Stay away from archers..they are low on food chain atm.

Then again, assassins are OPed with vanish so if you want to FOTM...
Wed 20 Feb 2019 5:53 PM by Kyosji
archers for all realms need a revamp
Wed 20 Feb 2019 8:32 PM by Runental
Cave Shaman any day
Fri 22 Feb 2019 11:42 AM by jhaerik
Hands down a Mini.

Not even a close second.
Fri 22 Feb 2019 12:45 PM by Jaegaer
Well, depends:

Best all round solo:

Minstrel - seriously, this one can do it all. Speed 5 AND Stealth AND Pet AND cast Stun. But there is one caveat: this class is not that easy to do well in. If you can't twist your auras or you can't be bothered for a pet or you spec wrong you will not feel the power. So only choose if you are ok with some complexity. If not, well

Best casual solo:

Skald - speed 5 on a pretty tanky frontloader with a Snare and a Mezz and the best weapon specline in the game (Hammers). Works well with 3 buttons and can take on most other classes in a 1vs1 and escape all of the others.

Best 1v1:

Bonedancer - no class can beat a Bonedancer in a straight 1vs1. You will not win every 1vs1 and if you don't you know that you have been outplayed. This class is also easy to play and a breeze for levelling. It is ok in a group. However you have no stealth and no speed and even a good 2 man will kill you.

Runner up 1vs1:

All the Assassins (Infiltrator > Nightshade > SHadowblade - but the differences are minor). Problem here: you need to know how to play AND you need to be patient. You will often have to wait for that perfect kill and if you can't do that then the class will feel boring.

Even more runner ups:

Sorceress and Theurg and Animist - these classes is not only strong it is also quite unique and fun to play. YOu are not the best at everything but good enough and if you like the playstyle then the class will go a long way for you.
Fri 22 Feb 2019 1:10 PM by dudis
Minstrel. Even with the gimped pet-charming on this server, it remains the strongest solo class if played even decently.

No melee should ever even touch you. A caster blowing MoC 5 might be able to kill you if you cant get out of range fast enough and recover
Sun 24 Feb 2019 9:11 AM by Frigzy
Light Elds eat bonedancer soup for breakfast.

Animists are terrible at roaming but the king of camping.
Sat 6 Apr 2019 4:20 AM by LedriTheThane
It seems like there's a lot of choices here. It really depends on the situation for all of these, but I'm going to sum up some choices mentioned + my own, all my humble opinion of course.

- I would really avoid cloth casters, for the most part. I know Sorcs and Enchanters can be very good because of pets, but I feel as if with the current RA system, they aren't exactly as top notch. The Bonedancer is the only solo cloth caster I could recommend.

- All the assassin classes are great choices, although I've heard that SB is the worst of the three. It shouldn't be a big deal though.

- The archer classes are in an awful position right now.

- Champions are easily the best pick of a solo visi melee class. The debuffs, snare, and dd, alongside the anytime slam, whew. You can interrupt anything and debuff anything properly. I would play one if there wasn't a 12 hour realm timer.

- Reavers are excellent, and if they have high twf, they scare me.

- I solo as a Thane and I love it. Stun, run, nuke. Unless my purge is down, I beat stealthers 1v1 nearly every fight.

- I would like to see more solo Valewalkers, Wardens, and Paladins honestly, if people want to experiment with that. Not sure if they would be great though,

- Necromancers have that lifedrain spell, or something. It's OP.

- Skalds are always a great choice. Can CC, interrupt, and has speed 6.

- Minstrel is probably the biggest easy mode solo class in the game, and genuinely the most tedious and frustrating to fight against. Stun, mezz, wait for them to use purge, stun, hit them once, run, kite, repeat for 15 minutes and boom, you got yourself one hard earned solo kill!
Sat 6 Apr 2019 2:16 PM by dbeattie71
Melee Ranger is the best assassin out of all stealth classes.

edit: fix spelling
Sat 6 Apr 2019 2:29 PM by waffel
dbeattie71 wrote:
Sat 6 Apr 2019 2:16 PM
Melee Ranger is the best assasin out of all stealth classes.

It’s spelled assassin, and assassins are the best assassins. Rangers are the best archer class.
Sat 6 Apr 2019 2:34 PM by dbeattie71
waffel wrote:
Sat 6 Apr 2019 2:29 PM
dbeattie71 wrote:
Sat 6 Apr 2019 2:16 PM
Melee Ranger is the best assasin out of all stealth classes.

It’s spelled assassin, and assassins are the best assassins. Rangers are the best archer class.

That's the sort of advice you get in /advice. From my experience of playing both, my Ranger is a much more effective killer than my shade. The PF dmg add is awesome and the speed buff is great for running down the ones that try and flee. The stealth detection diff between is a bonus because I want them to find me.

edit: oops, spelling again
Mon 8 Apr 2019 1:03 AM by SaintRon
Drolio wrote:
Sat 19 Jan 2019 11:05 PM
Sorcerer is great, able to charm any mob in the game as a pet, and the charm doesn't really break.
Have mana regen buff.
Have a medium run speed buff.
Mezzes, Stuns.
Spam lifedrain as it does best damage if you're going Mind main

I did this live way back when, it works really well.
Mon 8 Apr 2019 6:29 AM by Dindelion
I'm probably missing something but how does a solo Sorc stuns ? He can (ae) root / mezz, which is already nice don't get me wrong.

On paper it's appealing but I strongly advice going for something else than a caster (except BD as said earlier). 75%+ of your opponents will be stealthers, and while sorc is probably one of the best caster on Alb to handle them, it's still near impossible to win. They pretty much kill you in the PA combo, you can still purge the stun and QC mezz, but they will have purge most of the time too (everyone has purge here). And if you somehow get the upper hand, they can still vanish so there are very few situations where you'll actually get the kill.

It might work with a high RR sorc (I imagine something like Purge / PD / toughness / MoC, so you actually survive the opener), but you need to get there first.
Tue 9 Apr 2019 10:16 AM by gnefner
For the BD to be really good solo, can you rock the 38/38 spec? Mine's just recently finished, and I would love to try and make some solo runs - I would figure the healers pets are best for soloing, not sure the lifetap does enough to keep me on my feet in a 1v1..
Tue 9 Apr 2019 10:44 AM by Stoertebecker
gnefner wrote:
Tue 9 Apr 2019 10:16 AM
For the BD to be really good solo, can you rock the 38/38 spec? Mine's just recently finished, and I would love to try and make some solo runs - I would figure the healers pets are best for soloing, not sure the lifetap does enough to keep me on my feet in a 1v1..

The healer pets could keep you alive, but their reaction and castspeed is kinda slow. You have to think outside of the box.
You`ll have most of your fights against assassins, archers, minstrels etc.

Assassins kill you within seconds if the land pa, cd etc, archers need maybe crit and 2-3 arrows....before your poker playing pets will start healing.
Your yellow lifetap hits for what on a templated toon...200? Every 4 seconds...wow.

I would (and my bd is speced this way, but i don`t solo much) go 46 or 50 Darkness, 18 supp (for farming stuff, not for rvr). Your 2 warmages will hit templated toons for 200-250 each (after debuff), every 2 seconds and they react instantly, not like the supp heal pets.

Just surviving the first burst damage... at least purge 3, toughness as high as possible, pd and always a AF-Charge running.

So far for paper-daoc....

Btw...Phoenix-Team. Where is the BD Pet-demezz and where are the formations?
Wed 10 Apr 2019 9:18 AM by gnefner
Stoertebecker wrote:
Tue 9 Apr 2019 10:44 AM
gnefner wrote:
Tue 9 Apr 2019 10:16 AM

The healer pets could keep you alive, but their reaction and castspeed is kinda slow. You have to think outside of the box.
You`ll have most of your fights against assassins, archers, minstrels etc.

Assassins kill you within seconds if the land pa, cd etc, archers need maybe crit and 2-3 arrows....before your poker playing pets will start healing.
Your yellow lifetap hits for what on a templated toon...200? Every 4 seconds...wow.

I would (and my bd is speced this way, but i don`t solo much) go 46 or 50 Darkness, 18 supp (for farming stuff, not for rvr). Your 2 warmages will hit templated toons for 200-250 each (after debuff), every 2 seconds and they react instantly, not like the supp heal pets.

Just surviving the first burst damage... at least purge 3, toughness as high as possible, pd and always a AF-Charge running.

So far for paper-daoc....

Btw...Phoenix-Team. Where is the BD Pet-demezz and where are the formations?

Thanks, I will try a few runs with my current spec - and see what works, and maybe respec if need be! I do like my yellow lifetap though
Fri 12 Apr 2019 6:41 PM by Boltman
I would also ask where's the pet demezz for Necro?
Fri 12 Apr 2019 6:47 PM by Yokahu
Boltman wrote:
Fri 12 Apr 2019 6:41 PM
I would also ask where's the pet demezz for Necro?

The necro pet is not a pet pet, it’s you/the caster in the form of a reanimated corpse. Imagine a any class that could demezz itself without purge.

Btw, I have a 50 necro and share ur pain.
Fri 12 Apr 2019 8:08 PM by Boltman
I understand, just I remember that yes, necro's had demezz for the pet in painworking called Dead Awakening at level 25. Just not sure if this spell was before or after this patch level.
Fri 12 Apr 2019 9:08 PM by Stoertebecker
Boltman wrote:
Fri 12 Apr 2019 8:08 PM
I understand, just I remember that yes, necro's had demezz for the pet in painworking called Dead Awakening at level 25. Just not sure if this spell was before or after this patch level.

There is no patch level.
Fri 12 Apr 2019 9:44 PM by BisbyHoughton
Stoertebecker wrote:
Fri 12 Apr 2019 9:08 PM
Boltman wrote:
Fri 12 Apr 2019 8:08 PM

There is no patch level.

This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Tavern or the latest topics