My Wish List (mostly stealther)

Started 17 May 2020
by TarmonGaidon
in Tavern
Random ramblings... argue with it, add to it, support it, whatever. Please note that these are in no particular order. Also note that my experience is limited compared to most of you.. I have one R7 Nightshade, a farming toon, and a few random 50s I power leveled but am not qualified to opine upon.

1. Have the personal stone work in rvr. We've all been there... had to log out and the battle moved on. Let us port back. Same timer applies, etc.
2. Remove mastery of stealth from Mins. It's an already strong class; let them have one liability in the stealth wars.
3. Put a timer on the scout lvl 45 shield skill. Can only be used every x seconds.
4. Remove or reduce the stealth speed penalty. When it was originally designed the game moved at a slower pace. QOL changes here have upped the speed by which everyone moves and made assassin positionals more difficult.
5. Allow combined forces to be applied without a recent combat check similar to combined regeneration, or reduce it.
6. When applying poisons to weapons, shade that weapon icon based on the poison applied.
7. Change CS. The damage of PA is around the mid 300s, and backstab is around the mid 100s. That is pretty low for a front or back positional from stealth. If for balancing reasons it needs to be that low, then change it to a front / side, or a back / side to make it easier to go off. Perhaps mimic the archer Critshot skills. Make it guarantee a critshot on PA, but that character can't be PA critshot again for 15 seconds.
8. Add a base damage shield buff to combined forces. Some realms have easier access to that buff than other realms.
Sun 17 May 2020 9:50 PM by TarmonGaidon
Forgot one...
9. Get rid of stealth lore pots, or start evening the field by deploying other pots that neutralize the defining ability of other classes. Perhaps if you pop a pot your target cant cast for 1 min, or heal for 1 min, or use cc for 1 min, or have a pet for 1 min, or use any form of speed for 1 min. Or if you don't like it being an effect on others, make it 1 min sos equivalent, 1 min cc protection. Yes, that seems incredibly overpowered and ridiculous... but so are the pots. If you insist on there being pots, limit their use to archer and assassin classes. If 8 mans want to go wreck a stealther then let then invite stealthers into their groups.
Mon 18 May 2020 10:59 AM by inoeth
tl;dr

plz remove all counters to my class and make it easier for me to gank
Mon 18 May 2020 11:00 AM by bigne88
TarmonGaidon wrote:
Sun 17 May 2020 8:39 PM
Random ramblings... argue with it, add to it, support it, whatever. Please note that these are in no particular order. Also note that my experience is limited compared to most of you.. I have one R7 Nightshade, a farming toon, and a few random 50s I power leveled but am not qualified to opine upon.

1. Have the personal stone work in rvr. We've all been there... had to log out and the battle moved on. Let us port back. Same timer applies, etc.
2. Remove mastery of stealth from Mins. It's an already strong class; let them have one liability in the stealth wars.
3. Put a timer on the scout lvl 45 shield skill. Can only be used every x seconds.
4. Remove or reduce the stealth speed penalty. When it was originally designed the game moved at a slower pace. QOL changes here have upped the speed by which everyone moves and made assassin positionals more difficult.
5. Allow combined forces to be applied without a recent combat check similar to combined regeneration, or reduce it.
6. When applying poisons to weapons, shade that weapon icon based on the poison applied.
7. Change CS. The damage of PA is around the mid 300s, and backstab is around the mid 100s. That is pretty low for a front or back positional from stealth. If for balancing reasons it needs to be that low, then change it to a front / side, or a back / side to make it easier to go off. Perhaps mimic the archer Critshot skills. Make it guarantee a critshot on PA, but that character can't be PA critshot again for 15 seconds.
8. Add a base damage shield buff to combined forces. Some realms have easier access to that buff than other realms.

Tldr; dear devs, im a bad player. Please buff my class and nerf everything else.

Dude, your QQ is beyond ridicolousness.
Mon 18 May 2020 11:18 AM by chewchew
My Wish List (mostly stealther):
    remove stealthers
Mon 18 May 2020 11:26 AM by Razur Ur
chewchew wrote:
Mon 18 May 2020 11:18 AM
    remove stealthers

remove vanish and snare from garotte !!!!! or change vanish that you can only active use if you have anyone killed or 3+ enemy attack you!
Mon 18 May 2020 11:54 AM by TarmonGaidon
The hate for stealthers here is real. Curious, is the hate for stealthers because people were killed by one, because a stealther added to a fight, or because it’s one less person playing your style of daoc, or another reason all together?

Come now - you are saying my crying is ridiculous... which part? Surely coloring poisoned weapons icons isn’t enraging you? Which of my suggestions are so outrageous, and why? All three assassin classes are now in the bottom 10 of classes played. Just check /serverinfo.
Mon 18 May 2020 12:53 PM by Husceal
Stealther are fine in my opinion.
But I'm totally agree with a symbol on weapon already poisoned. How much time, I don't remember if its good or not haha.
And a macro like /switch for poison can be a good idea too !
/poison 1 10
Poison the weapon in slot 1 in inventory by the poison in slot 10 ?
Mon 18 May 2020 2:47 PM by bigne88
TarmonGaidon wrote:
Mon 18 May 2020 11:54 AM
The hate for stealthers here is real. Curious, is the hate for stealthers because people were killed by one, because a stealther added to a fight, or because it’s one less person playing your style of daoc, or another reason all together?

Come now - you are saying my crying is ridiculous... which part? Surely coloring poisoned weapons icons isn’t enraging you? Which of my suggestions are so outrageous, and why? All three assassin classes are now in the bottom 10 of classes played. Just check /serverinfo.

Your qq is pathetic, thats all. You are bad player, deal with it coloured weapons? Yea sure, cool qol that devs already tought about, but wont make you a better player.
You are not even crying to buff all melee stealthers, no, only the class you play. Thats why ppl here are laughing at you.
Mon 18 May 2020 3:01 PM by TarmonGaidon
I see... a troll. A change to CS does help all assassins. I actually don’t think I gave a single NS only wish list item.

I also don’t think you understand the “colored weapon” wish list item. Assassins apply poisons to their weapons over and over again. Making that easier to tell what needs to be reapplied (colored icon) or as another person posted... to make a macro that applies poison for us would be a QOL change.

I’ve never understood why people troll posts. Is it some sort of compensation for other shortcomings? Do you have a strategy of ruining civil discourse so that reasonable solutions can’t be found?
Mon 18 May 2020 3:11 PM by WildWilbur
TarmonGaidon wrote:
Mon 18 May 2020 3:01 PM
I see... a troll. A change to CS does help all assassins. I actually don’t think I gave a single NS only wish list item.

I also don’t think you understand the “colored weapon” wish list item. Assassins apply poisons to their weapons over and over again. Making that easier to tell what needs to be reapplied (colored icon) or as another person posted... to make a macro that applies poison for us would be a QOL change.

I’ve never understood why people troll posts. Is it some sort of compensation for other shortcomings? Do you have a strategy of ruining civil discourse so that reasonable solutions can’t be found?

Well, you will find this with every online game out there. The Phoenix forums are relatively civil yet...

Anyway - don't feed the trolls
Mon 18 May 2020 5:35 PM by thirian24
Razur Ur wrote:
Mon 18 May 2020 11:26 AM
chewchew wrote:
    remove stealthers

remove vanish and snare from garotte !!!!! or change vanish that you can only active use if you have anyone killed or 3+ enemy attack you!

This coming from the RA dumping Champ. LMFAO
Mon 18 May 2020 6:52 PM by Razur Ur
thirian24 wrote:
Mon 18 May 2020 5:35 PM
Razur Ur wrote:
Mon 18 May 2020 11:26 AM
chewchew wrote:
    remove stealthers

This coming from the RA dumping Champ. LMFAO

haha another can champion not win vs good played steahlter ;-)
Mon 18 May 2020 7:31 PM by Astaa
Yeah sure, give stealthers normal speed while stealthed.

Just as you give my hero stealth too.

gtfo.
Tue 19 May 2020 5:34 AM by Noashakra
bigne88 wrote:
Mon 18 May 2020 2:47 PM
TarmonGaidon wrote:

Your qq is pathetic, thats all. You are bad player, deal with it coloured weapons? Yea sure, cool qol that devs already tought about, but wont make you a better player.
You are not even crying to buff all melee stealthers, no, only the class you play. Thats why ppl here are laughing at you.

You should stop giving advices when you were one of the worst bard on hib. You should stop getting on your high horse now that you have finally people that accept to play with you on mid.

The increase of speed is unecessary.
The colored blade doesn't change anything, it'll just make you spare money (I reapply automatically to most of my weapons in my inventory to gain time) and the combined pot instant after combat make no sense because it change the group vs group game (but 1mn is too long, make it 30/45s).
PA is fine where it is.
The rest is of the suggestions are fine.
Tue 19 May 2020 10:19 AM by bigne88
Noashakra wrote:
Tue 19 May 2020 5:34 AM
bigne88 wrote:
TarmonGaidon wrote:

You should stop giving advices when you were one of the worst bard on hib. You should stop getting on your high horse now that you have finally people that accept to play with you on mid.

The colored blade doesn't change anything, it'll just make you spare money (I reapply automatically to most of my weapons in my inventory to gain time) and the combined pot instant after combat make no sense because it change the group vs group game (but 1mn is too long, make it 30/45s).
PA is fine where it is.

I suck also on any non-bard class and I still have no friends to play with even on alb or mid. Nice stalking tough, mr.noone.
Let me guess: you speak french.
Tue 19 May 2020 10:31 AM by Noashakra
bigne88 wrote:
Tue 19 May 2020 10:19 AM
Noashakra wrote:
bigne88 wrote:

PA is fine where it is.

I suck also on any non-bard class and I still have no friends to play with even on alb or mid. Nice stalking tough, mr.noone.

You should stop acting you are the boss around here, telling everyone how they are bad and almighty you are (me and my gvg group we do this or that blablabla), when inf fact you were blacklisted from playing with your guild on hib because you played bard like if you were on prozac.
Better be a nobody I guess.
Tue 19 May 2020 1:41 PM by bigne88
Noashakra wrote:
Tue 19 May 2020 10:31 AM
bigne88 wrote:
Noashakra wrote:

PA is fine where it is.

You should stop acting you are the boss around here, telling everyone how they are bad and almighty you are (me and my gvg group we do this or that blablabla), when inf fact you were blacklisted from playing with your guild on hib because you played bard like if you were on prozac.

You sound mad and pretty butthurt. It surprise me, tough, that you know more things about me than i do.
And all this blabbering coming from a member of Frogz guild, the worst 8v8 players of the server, most laughed by the 8v8 comunity, that cant win a fight, even if rank 10-11, without adding.
On top of this, Mila, your nice guild m8, is threatening me on discord like a fascist.
And dont even let me start talking about your radar user friend who got banned.
Forgive me if I dont take you seriously.

Edit: next time you are loosing, dont run to the tower to hide.
Tue 19 May 2020 1:51 PM by Noashakra
bigne88 wrote:
Tue 19 May 2020 1:41 PM
Noashakra wrote:
bigne88 wrote:

You sound mad and pretty butthurt. It surprise me, tough, that you know more things about me than i do.
And all this blabbering coming from a member of Frogz guild, the worst 8v8 players of the server, most laughed by the 8v8 comunity, that cant win a fight, even if rank 10-11, without adding.
On top of this, Mila, your nice guild m8, is threatening me on discord like a fascist.

Coming from one of the worst bard of hibernia, I am flattered.
I saw the conversation of the so called "facist". After she told you to stop speaking politely about us in the 8vs8 chan you replied "OMG you facist you want to control what I say". At least you gave us days of fun calling her names
You seem like a well balanced person. Now let the adults have normal conversations.

And yeah we run to a tower when 8vs16 man, because you added by flanking us (but we don't complain about it everywhere)
Tue 19 May 2020 2:06 PM by bigne88
Noashakra wrote:
Tue 19 May 2020 1:51 PM
bigne88 wrote:
Tue 19 May 2020 1:41 PM
Noashakra wrote:

Coming from one of the worst bard of hibernia, I am flattered.
I saw the conversation of the so called "facist". After she told you to stop speaking politely about us in the 8vs8 chan you replied "OMG you facist you want toc ontrol what I say". At least you gave us days of fun calling her names
You seem like a well balanced person. Now let the adults have normal conversations.

You are the one starting personal attacks on this forum, on a thread about stealthers. Nice attitude, tipical from frogz guild.
Send me private messages on discord, like mila did, so you wont look like a clown pubblicy.

Ah, put on search "frogz" into the 8v8 channel. You will see i was the only one trying to support you guys, after everyone were shitting on your guild.

Edit. Yes yes, im shit bard, and i assure you, not only that. Still, I stomp you fools anytime i meet ya.
Tue 19 May 2020 2:13 PM by Noashakra
"You are the one starting personal attacks on this forum"

"Tldr; dear devs, im a bad player. Please buff my class and nerf everything else.

Dude, your QQ is beyond ridicolousness."

"Still, I stomp you fools anytime i meet ya."
Tue 19 May 2020 4:09 PM by bigne88
Noashakra wrote:
Tue 19 May 2020 2:13 PM
"You are the one starting personal attacks on this forum"

"Tldr; dear devs, im a bad player. Please buff my class and nerf everything else.

Dude, your QQ is beyond ridicolousness."

"Still, I stomp you fools anytime i meet ya."

Did mila give you permission to write? Stop clawning your intelligence. And write me on discord, if you wanna keep this personal harassing. I dont even know why you hate me so much. I dont even know you. What do you want from me?
Tue 19 May 2020 5:33 PM by joshisanonymous
TarmonGaidon wrote:
Sun 17 May 2020 8:39 PM

I definitely see some issues with these suggestions:

[list=1]
  • I see what you're saying, but this would also allow whole zergs to get back to the relic town and then port to some keep that needs defending. There's a reason that this was an ML ability on Live.
  • Seems reasonable.
  • From what I understand, it already has a very high endurance cost? I don't really know, but it would be weird to have a melee style with a cooldown.
  • I'd be more inclined to reduce the speed on hasteners instead, which would make caster speed classes more valuable and make it less likely to have adds show up after you engage someone.
  • This would make rebuffing after getting rezzed way too easy.
  • Sounds like a cool idea. Not sure if it's possible?
  • Really not sure. As a caster, I understand that the damage from a single PA is hard to react to but certainly not impossible and certainly lower in damage that a bow crit shot is now. However, that PA usually come with poisons which add to the damage if not purged, an option that bow uses and other classes don't have (e.g., sure vendo gives great crits, but you don't get poison with them, and you're not invisible). I think it would be more appropriate to compare a bow crit shot with a PA+poisons or maybe even with a PA+chain+poisons.
  • This seems unnecessary? Don't assassins from all realms just use shard skin pots? What damage shield is easier to access for some realms than others?
  • [/list]
    Wed 20 May 2020 10:28 AM by Lillebror
    As a solo player in siedge it can be hard to manage a rebuff with combine pot due to aoe your always in combat. Just make a hard timer on the pot that restarts when reZzed or so its not possible to abuse. But should be possible to use in combat
    Wed 20 May 2020 11:23 AM by gotwqqd
    Lillebror wrote:
    Wed 20 May 2020 10:28 AM
    As a solo player in siedge it can be hard to manage a rebuff with combine pot due to aoe your always in combat. Just make a hard timer on the pot that restarts when reZzed or so its not possible to abuse. But should be possible to use in combat

Increase costs(materials) all around x3
    Then simply have the buffs permanently applied until death
    Thu 21 May 2020 9:47 AM by Clockwork
    Thread locked due to several pages of toxicity.
    This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Tavern or the latest topics