New Task System is Garbage

Started 28 Mar 2020
by Tenny
in Tavern
With the number of people playing tonight the action shouldn't be this bad - and it is. Why fix what isn't broken? I'm getting flashbacks to the removal of keep take tasks in OF in favor of the flag porting system - and if this keeps up I will be leaving this server again now like I did then.
Sat 28 Mar 2020 1:19 AM by Forlornhope
Did you really think that a bunch of people suicide or running circles around a keep for forty minutes wasn't broken? Even if you don't like the system the implemented don't just call it garbage, add something constructive and maybe there will be some more thought put into making things better. It is likely that they will be open to actual criticism and adjust things accordingly.
Sat 28 Mar 2020 1:26 AM by gotwqqd
Forlornhope wrote:
Sat 28 Mar 2020 1:19 AM
Did you really think that a bunch of people suicide or running circles around a keep for forty minutes wasn't broken? Even if you don't like the system the implemented don't just call it garbage, add something constructive and maybe there will be some more thought put into making things better. It is likely that they will be open to actual criticism and adjust things accordingly.

In the last few days I’ve gone to EV and sat on a flag for 15 minutes without seeing an enemy.

Maze can have similar results. I’ve gone there with nearly 20 minutes on timer for rvr and missed the tick because no enemy.
Sat 28 Mar 2020 1:32 AM by Isavyr
Forlornhope wrote:
Even if you don't like the system the implemented don't just call it garbage, add something constructive and maybe there will be some more thought put into making things better.

Word.
Sat 28 Mar 2020 1:55 AM by easytoremember
gotwqqd wrote:
Sat 28 Mar 2020 1:26 AM
I've daddled around at task for 20 minutes and got no rp because I didn't fight any enemy
oh nooooooo
Sat 28 Mar 2020 2:55 AM by Tenny
Forlornhope wrote:

I did. I said "don't fix what isn't broken."

Game was FINE before these task changes. Better than fine. One word describes this server when they moved to the atrocious domination flag system: aimless. And that's exactly how the game is feeling these past few days. Love the devs for putting together this great, free server and getting so much right - but they need to learn from their mistakes in OF.

Another piece of constructive criticism? Get rid of tasks altogether, give relics more weight. Since the history of DAOC, zergs are what drive the action for everyone else. They're what keep the battlefield shifting and keeping the game from getting stale. We have 3 healthy zergs on all realms at most timezones. Let the game thrive organically and STOP trying to procure the action.

But if the devs cant be that hands-off, go back to the old task system. The negative aspect of its abusers are far outweighed by the aimlessness of the current task system.

Zergs take keeps, make ports, spread action. Spread action means cleaner 8v8, more travel points for smallmans and soloers to camp.

These new tasks funnel everyone into one zone and that only suits one playstyle, and thats a hollow one that loses its charm fast.
Sat 28 Mar 2020 8:55 PM by Nunki
Tenny wrote:
Sat 28 Mar 2020 2:55 AM
Forlornhope wrote:

I did. I said "don't fix what isn't broken."

Game was FINE before these task changes. Better than fine. One word describes this server when they moved to the atrocious domination flag system: aimless. And that's exactly how the game is feeling these past few days. Love the devs for putting together this great, free server and getting so much right - but they need to learn from their mistakes in OF.

Another piece of constructive criticism? Get rid of tasks altogether, give relics more weight. Since the history of DAOC, zergs are what drive the action for everyone else. They're what keep the battlefield shifting and keeping the game from getting stale. We have 3 healthy zergs on all realms at most timezones. Let the game thrive organically and STOP trying to procure the action.

But if the devs cant be that hands-off, go back to the old task system. The negative aspect of its abusers are far outweighed by the aimlessness of the current task system.

Zergs take keeps, make ports, spread action. Spread action means cleaner 8v8, more travel points for smallmans and soloers to camp.

These new tasks funnel everyone into one zone and that only suits one playstyle, and thats a hollow one that loses its charm fast.
Now write this down in the designated post here:
https://forum.playphoenix.online/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=12851

instead of creating a flame post in Tavern section and you made it one step further.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Tavern or the latest topics