Balance between Ranks!!

Started 17 Mar 2020
by Guerrilla Monkey
in Tavern
Can someone explain to me why a person with rank 2 or 3 can kill a rank 8-9 another who has been working and killing since almost this started?
I think that there is not a good balance within the exorbitant types of meele in the game, making more than 500 per attack when an assassin will never be able to reach him.
a person who has not even been in RvR for 3 days comes out with his character broken with the damage more than inflated and gets off from 3 attacks to another that we are on the way to 5 million, in my opinion it is ridiculous, let's hope for better times for those who only play in solo and we want to be able to have a balance when it comes to combat and not just between us.

Greetings!!!!!!!
Tue 17 Mar 2020 4:07 PM by Freedomcall
Maybe that rank 9 needs to get gud?
Joking aside, why is lower rank being able to kill higher rank a problem?
Higher rank of course needs to have somewhat advantages, but that shouldn't mean he must win all the time.
That will be boring as hell.
Tue 17 Mar 2020 4:08 PM by thirian24
Just because you have some realm rank, doesn't mean you know how to play your character to its full capacity. I see this every single day. High rank people who zerged keeps/towers that literally have no idea what they are doing. Or Infils that stealth zerged their way to rr8-9 that still spam garrote/Achilles heel when they are caught by themselves.

Now I'm not saying this is you, but just some examples, and this is the reason why people who play their class to its fullest will still beat people of higher rank.
Tue 17 Mar 2020 4:15 PM by Razur Ur
We need balance with debuff nuker ;-)
Tue 17 Mar 2020 4:35 PM by Ashenspire
DAoC has never been balanced around 1v1 and it never will be.

Pick better targets.
Tue 17 Mar 2020 9:55 PM by Svekt
RR does not always mean skill. I mean that in pure honesty. If you just show up in rvr in the right places you get RPS irregardless of your skill factor. Example: If you add on a fight that is already ending, you didn't do it with skill - you seized an opportunity.

Given the previous task system and the current one that is changing it was almost impossible not to get rps and a lot of them if you were in the right place at the right time.

All this stated, not all classes are balanced with each other individual class as they were designed with group interaction in mind. Can you solo on a character?Yes, however that is entirely up to the individual should that be their game style of choice. But please remember, the game was never designed for all classes to be one on one compatible.

As a solo player you should pick areas with lower cluster traffic unless you are a stealther. Irregardless of being a stealther or visi, it is always up to you as an individual to pick the appropriate target and setting whenever possible. Some prefer to try and beat certain classes to truly test their talent and skill and I do applaud those people, but they go into this knowing that if they make one mistake the other side is getting the W.

A freshly rerolled rr2-3 who plays this game as more than a 2hour a day hobby is going to generally whoop the rr8-9 who has built their rr off primarily playing one consistent class over and over for 2 hours every night if they didn't put in the commitment towards bettering themselves as a player and learning their strengths and weaknesses. Some people are just better players and sometimes that is just a tough pill for others to swallow.

There are plenty of players on this server better than myself, rather than complain about them and hate I decided to better myself and learn from them. Not everyone is here to do that and I understand and respect that. Play this game how you want to play it, but don't think that for one second the game should revolve around how you want it to be played just because you think so. That right there is honestly what makes this game so beautiful and brutal at the same time.
Wed 18 Mar 2020 7:54 AM by gotwqqd
In general the answer is

RPS
Sat 21 Mar 2020 8:53 PM by Nunki
Guerrilla Monkey wrote:
Tue 17 Mar 2020 3:44 PM
Can someone explain to me why a person with rank 2 or 3 can kill a rank 8-9 another who has been working and killing since almost this started?
I think that there is not a good balance within the exorbitant types of meele in the game, making more than 500 per attack when an assassin will never be able to reach him.
a person who has not even been in RvR for 3 days comes out with his character broken with the damage more than inflated and gets off from 3 attacks to another that we are on the way to 5 million, in my opinion it is ridiculous, let's hope for better times for those who only play in solo and we want to be able to have a balance when it comes to combat and not just between us.

Greetings!!!!!!!

Which scenario are we talking about?

RR8 assasin vs caster? Which one?
Sat 21 Mar 2020 11:38 PM by easytoremember
Sounds like he ran into a champ and got 3-shotted
Wed 25 Mar 2020 9:03 PM by Guerrilla Monkey
I think that entering to make fun of a person who plays a champion is quite mediocre and 0 skill if that is your problem you can always create a more difficult class to play
Tue 31 Mar 2020 4:34 PM by Skreen32
thirian24 wrote:
Tue 17 Mar 2020 4:08 PM
Or Infils that stealth zerged their way to rr8-9 that still spam garrote/Achilles heel when they are caught by themselves.

RR4 SB here.

I zerg all the time with my guild. Sometimes we roll 15-20 deep. Strength in numbers, and I never go out solo. When I do i pay attention to my evades and try to use my other styles to get the upper hand. However when i'm not evading or using my other styles i'm going to sit there and spam garrote/heel in case i happen to out-dps the other person before i can get a different style off. between styles i switch weapons to apply the necessary poisons.

i'm not sure what you're getting at here. unless the infs that you're facing literally dont do anything but garrote spam and nothing else.
Wed 1 Apr 2020 7:35 AM by Nheryn
Sometimes it's just not a good idea to attack…

Peace
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Tavern or the latest topics