Decrease RPs for RR5 an increase the drop rate of 70+ util items.

Started 3 Mar 2020
by pollojack
in Tavern
As we get more new players and continue to have old players we'll have RR12 groups versus sub RR5. I know I know skill is the biggest factor but you gotta admit a RR10 has a lot in their favor be it RAs or spec point distribution.

Alternatively, we could start a bounty system where you are worth more the higher your RR, the higher your K/D, or both.

Lastly, something I have seen on all three realms. No matter how much money you have there simply aren't enough high util ROGs on the market. Albion is the worst with 60-70 utils creeping on 5-10p average. There is precisely one hib jewel right now for 25p at 98 util which with 70-80 ROGs still can't make my champ weaponless as there is too much overlap on the stats.

Maybe it is early for this kind of suggestion but I think we are getting to that point going off of AH prices.
Tue 3 Mar 2020 7:53 AM by snowdorf
Before increasing the drop rate, I would sooner suggest a utility search filter on the housing merchant. Granted, if it was possible, I imagine on day 1 everyone would buy up a lot of the cheap supply but it would solve the problem in finding them.

Also, I agree as a newer player its daunting to go up against rr9+ peoples. They put in the time and deserve the rps no doubt. But catching up is the issue. I would almost lean towards some kind of grind system up to a specific RR say 3 4 or 5 max. Can pve it up, only epic raids give RP, or a multiplier or flat out start everyone out at rr 3 4 or 5.

On a good day I average about 10k rp an hour. 500k for rr5 would mean about 50 hours of gameplay
Tue 3 Mar 2020 9:36 AM by Nunki
snowdorf wrote:
Tue 3 Mar 2020 7:53 AM
Before increasing the drop rate, I would sooner suggest a utility search filter on the housing merchant. Granted, if it was possible, I imagine on day 1 everyone would buy up a lot of the cheap supply but it would solve the problem in finding them.

Also, I agree as a newer player its daunting to go up against rr9+ peoples. They put in the time and deserve the rps no doubt. But catching up is the issue. I would almost lean towards some kind of grind system up to a specific RR say 3 4 or 5 max. Can pve it up, only epic raids give RP, or a multiplier or flat out start everyone out at rr 3 4 or 5.

On a good day I average about 10k rp an hour. 500k for rr5 would mean about 50 hours of gameplay

RPs for PvE is some kind of a no go. It would drive a certain part of the community away from RvR and those players would most likely farm quite some RPs while running with the zerg. RPs until RR5 are quite high anyway thanks to certain boni, especially if you utilize the RvR-tasks 15k/h can be easily done just by joining the zerg.
But yeah, they could slightly increase the RP multiplier below RR5.

I would love to see a bounty / headhunter system where players with a high k/d ratio and/or RR are somehow visually marked and/or searchable via /command as it is the case with th gvg-command. Slight RP-boni for the hunted and huge RP-boni for those who kill him.
Tue 3 Mar 2020 6:18 PM by tyrantanic
I'm fairly new to this server (started playing a couple months ago after I quit Live) and disagree with the OP. The RP progression here is fine as RR doesn't appear to be a frequent decisive factor in terms of fights. I'm currently small manning with my RR3 Sorc without a template and having loads of fun. Blows my mind that 3-4 players can give FGs trouble which hasn't been possible on Live since BS took over. The drop rate on high utility items is okay, imo. From what I can tell, those ROGs are really only needed for hybrid classes. Everything else seems to be very easy to template. Just need some SC pieces myself.
Tue 3 Mar 2020 11:27 PM by pollojack
tyrantanic wrote:
Tue 3 Mar 2020 6:18 PM
I'm fairly new to this server (started playing a couple months ago after I quit Live) and disagree with the OP. The RP progression here is fine as RR doesn't appear to be a frequent decisive factor in terms of fights. I'm currently small manning with my RR3 Sorc without a template and having loads of fun. Blows my mind that 3-4 players can give FGs trouble which hasn't been possible on Live since BS took over. The drop rate on high utility items is okay, imo. From what I can tell, those ROGs are really only needed for hybrid classes. Everything else seems to be very easy to template. Just need some SC pieces myself.

I have templated my casters off of drops I got from getting 50 as there are so few stats that need to be capped. ROGs are more important for melees and most important for hybrids, both typically want weaponless while hybrids also have to cap every stat available.
Wed 4 Mar 2020 6:49 PM by chryso
So factor in a weapon. It isn't hard. I know, you want to swap damage type on your LW. This is where spell crafting comes in.
Thu 5 Mar 2020 9:37 AM by Chihuahua
pollojack wrote:
Tue 3 Mar 2020 2:10 AM
As we get more new players and continue to have old players we'll have RR12 groups versus sub RR5. I know I know skill is the biggest factor but you gotta admit a RR10 has a lot in their favor be it RAs or spec point distribution.

Alternatively, we could start a bounty system where you are worth more the higher your RR, the higher your K/D, or both.

Lastly, something I have seen on all three realms. No matter how much money you have there simply aren't enough high util ROGs on the market. Albion is the worst with 60-70 utils creeping on 5-10p average. There is precisely one hib jewel right now for 25p at 98 util which with 70-80 ROGs still can't make my champ weaponless as there is too much overlap on the stats.

Maybe it is early for this kind of suggestion but I think we are getting to that point going off of AH prices.

Utility search would be amazing. And just increase highrog droprate on instance dungeons, so people run them more often and they get popular again
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Tavern or the latest topics