New player with questions

Started 8 Feb 2020
by Kazine
in Tavern
I played DAOC when it first released for a year as an Alb Minstrel . I just heard about the Phoenix freeshard and i'm excited to get back into this game. I don't remember anything about DAOC lol. it's been so long. My questions are What realm needs more players? What are some of the better solo farm classes? I figure I will be solo for a bit before I make friends/join a guild. Is it viable to level up a farming class then make a class that i will RvR on? Are guilds recruiting in all realms? Im sure ill have more questions the more I play. Thanks for the help

Edit: Forgot to add, US east coast server.
Sat 8 Feb 2020 3:42 PM by shintacki
I'd recommend just picking a realm you think you'll like and starting there. If you find that it's too overpopulated or not inviting enough when you're playing you can just switch after a 4 hour realm timer. Making a farming class first is a pretty good idea, for hib that's an animist, mid would be BD or shaman, and alb is Necro or cabby. Playing during NA time can be rough sometimes because the prime time for the server is definitely more Euro centric but once you get settled in and farmed up for RvR you'll be fine whenever you play
Sun 9 Feb 2020 6:47 AM by Cadebrennus
Play a class you like before you bother with a farming class. That way you'll get a feel for the game, a feel for your primary class, and playing the game won't feel like work. If you truly feel that you need a farming class after that then go for it. I've done just fine without a farming class on a Merc and a Ranger.
Sun 9 Feb 2020 10:39 AM by MacPrior
Cadebrennus wrote:
Sun 9 Feb 2020 6:47 AM
Play a class you like before you bother with a farming class. That way you'll get a feel for the game, a feel for your primary class, and playing the game won't feel like work. If you truly feel that you need a farming class after that then go for it. I've done just fine without a farming class on a Merc and a Ranger.

Same for me, have in each Realm classes I prefer to play. All caped temped. Absolutely without any Farmer Class. It is not necessary on Phoenix to have a farmer class - lot of Drops while Leveling, possibility to buy end-game items for Phoenix feathers. Just start and go on.
I would start in Albion - most wanted more gamer in RvR and at the same time most aktive Realm in PvE. But if you have another ppereferd Realm, just start in Realm you wish to play and have a fun!
Sun 9 Feb 2020 12:00 PM by Cadebrennus
Having played both Alb and Hib regularly here it's much easier to get RvR groups in Hib. From what other posters say, in Mid is also fairly easy to get RvR groups. Even as a Merc it was difficult to get into groups for RvR, but easy for PvE. Keep that in mind when choosing a realm.

One more thing, Mid outnumbers Alb and Hib during Euro primetime RvR. If you don't mind being part of the overwhelming force, then Mid is okay. I wasn't okay with that which is why I didn't continue in Mid. If you like a "target rich environment" then go Alb or Hib.
Tue 11 Feb 2020 6:05 AM by pollojack
Minst is in a good spot right now. Like a 30 page post on people complaining about how strong it is.

Unfortunately, templating any hybrid on alb is very difficult. You are competing against pallys which do dmg here, reavers which can delete shit with 8 in flex, other minstreals, and friars which were stupid strong for a while. The housing market even uncapped in alb has few 80+ util items and is flooded with 30-50 util items listed anywhere from 200g to 10p. This makes finding decent ROGs for your template to be quite the headache. So bad I ended up doing /xp off on my 49 minst and run around in RvR like that waiting till I get tempd. After a few days he is 3l6 from 2l something, don't have purge 2 nor IP nor SOS. Like I said, stupid strong. RR5 BMs losing to me, casters have little chance, biggest issue solo is hard to spot small mans.

Make a farming char first. Yeah yeah, get a feel whatever. You need to get some money to lvl your salvaging to afford decent ROGs or a cheap template. The ability to make a cheap chest piece is also nice if RNG doesn't give you one.
Wed 12 Feb 2020 9:48 PM by pollojack
Update, 40+ page thread complaining about minst.
Wed 12 Feb 2020 10:04 PM by Sepplord
To be fair, the last 10pages aren't really complaints...just people that keep writing with telioh that is in denial about the already happened minstrel nerf
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Tavern or the latest topics