Active RvR players close to 50% of server

Started 8 Jan 2020
by Isavyr
in Tavern
I think Phoenix has hit a milestone, and maybe has hit it for awhile. Uthgard long said that no matter what they did, they didn't see their RvR numbers go above 30%. Therefore, they concluded, the systems weren't the problem, but the players. In other words, players simply didn't want to RvR that greatly.

I think Phoenix has shown this to be false.

Well done, Phoenix, for involving so many players in RvR!

edit: but don't forget there are still many more improvements that could be made to NF~
Wed 8 Jan 2020 1:54 PM by Horus
Isavyr wrote:
Wed 8 Jan 2020 6:12 AM
I think Phoenix has hit a milestone, and maybe has hit it for awhile. Uthgard long said that no matter what they did, they didn't see their RvR numbers go above 30%. Therefore, they concluded, the systems weren't the problem, but the players. In other words, players simply didn't want to RvR that greatly.

I think Phoenix has shown this to be false.

Well done, Phoenix, for involving so many players in RvR!

edit: but don't forget there are still many more improvements that could be made to NF~

It is indeed nice to see the participation rate. Although some complain about the "style" of how some participate, something is better than nothing, right?

That being said, I think all realms would benefit from more folks stepping up to be BG leads. I can't judge because I don't want to do that job.. but there is a marked participation level drop when no one is on willing to lead a BG.
Thu 9 Jan 2020 9:32 AM by inoeth
parented rvr
and i believed the average age of the players was something like 35 years
Thu 9 Jan 2020 2:09 PM by Subsonica
collection tasks for BPs/feathers in EV, mazes, in EV ports. if you really want to improve smallmen/solo RvR just do it
Thu 9 Jan 2020 7:46 PM by stewbeedoo
Subsonica wrote:
Thu 9 Jan 2020 2:09 PM
collection tasks for BPs/feathers in EV, mazes, in EV ports. if you really want to improve smallmen/solo RvR just do it

How does that help? So high RR solos/smallman can camp there and gank low RR solos doing the tasks?
Thu 9 Jan 2020 9:10 PM by Cadebrennus
stewbeedoo wrote:
Thu 9 Jan 2020 7:46 PM
Subsonica wrote:

How does that help? So high RR solos/smallman can camp there and gank low RR solos doing the tasks?

That was a problem on live with box collection/etc. However, the situation also presented a solution. Friendly stealthers and solo/duo/smallmans would also patrol these same areas looking for the gankers. This not only afforded some protection to the questers but it also provided nonstop solo/duo/smallman action. I think this is a great idea.
Thu 9 Jan 2020 10:17 PM by Subsonica
Cadebrennus wrote:
Thu 9 Jan 2020 9:10 PM
stewbeedoo wrote:
Subsonica wrote:

That was a problem on live with box collection/etc. However, the situation also presented a solution. Friendly stealthers and solo/duo/smallmans would also patrol these same areas looking for the gankers. This not only afforded some protection to the questers but it also provided nonstop solo/duo/smallman action. I think this is a great idea.
exactly!
Thu 9 Jan 2020 10:47 PM by Azuell
Subsonica wrote:

Sounds like a good idea to me. I'm down for anything that could help small man action.

The only potential problem would be it giving full groups a place to roam and just farm all the solos and small mans.
Fri 10 Jan 2020 8:06 AM by Sepplord
stewbeedoo wrote:
Subsonica wrote:

So what do you want?
An 1vs1 arena matchmaking that only puts you against targets that are the same RR have the same equip and are not counterclasses?
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Tavern or the latest topics