It's time

Started 21 Dec 2019
by joqin
in Tavern
Long time player of Phoenix and all daoc freeshards.

We have hit that wall.

To regain population and interest, you need to re-vitalize the interest.

Many mistakes were made within the launch of phoenix. Some players ranked very quickly due to bug use and other exploits. As the server progresses, the staff realized they wanted to take different directions.

I think it's time to re-launch under the current setting and re-vitalize the population. I know alot of the casual players will whine, this is normal. But do you want a healthy population or a stagnant one? It is time.
Sat 21 Dec 2019 3:28 AM by Forlornhope
This is basically going to make the vast majority of the people who are still here leave. It won't draw any of the people who left when they changed to NF. At this point it's just not going to work.
Sat 21 Dec 2019 3:06 PM by shintacki
I would absolutely quit if they reset the server.
Sun 22 Dec 2019 2:51 PM by Reanon33
If Phoenix is wiped, I would find another game to play. I would not come back to Phoenix. I love DAOC and Phoenix. I know mistakes where made in the making of Phoenix, but it's still a great game. Things are getting fixed everyday. It has not become dull or boring. Phoenix does not need re-vitalized. It just needs things to continue to get fixed and improved. People have worked hard on their LGM crafts, their level 50's, their RR's, buying houses, making money, and feathers. Learned to run raids and RVR. Made guilds and friends. You wipe all that and you're going to have another Uthgard on your hands. People, NOT just casual players. Will stop playing. It will end up being a empty server. I know some staff may have new or different ideas. But think hard about it. You will loose most of your players. They do NOT want this. Would you wipe Phoenix to gain 100 players, but loose 500? I know myself, my guildies, and friends, will not be back.
Mon 23 Dec 2019 5:31 AM by stewbeedoo
I disagree.

The server population is good (sure we wish it was better NA time) and I don't see the disparity for the early vs later players many refer to.

I started in April and find myself fighting both higher and lower RR opponents. It is not like Live where everyone has 15 year old RR10+ toons.
Mon 23 Dec 2019 2:31 PM by gotwqqd
The most drastic thing I could see working is removing a certain percentage of rp’s
This way highest rr are affected more/longer

Though this would likely lead to rage quitting
Mon 23 Dec 2019 8:07 PM by Gfxygames
Server wipe when the population reaches the levels of Uth? Maybe that would be the answer. But, EU primetime I still see 1k-ish on the weekends. I hardly call that doom and gloom. I play NA timezone and there usually 300-ish which is plenty healthy. Will the population continue to die? Of course, all population decreases with time. This has been the story of daoc of daoc ever since WoW released.
Mon 23 Dec 2019 8:40 PM by Roto23
you said "of daoc" twice...gotcha!
Mon 23 Dec 2019 10:19 PM by Riac
gotwqqd wrote:
Mon 23 Dec 2019 2:31 PM
The most drastic thing I could see working is removing a certain percentage of rp’s

remove pve rps and task tick rps. only rps your char will have is from actual kills. imagine that lol
Wed 25 Dec 2019 3:39 AM by stewbeedoo
Riac wrote:
Mon 23 Dec 2019 10:19 PM
gotwqqd wrote:

remove pve rps and task tick rps. only rps your char will have is from actual kills. imagine that lol

I agree but making it easy for casuals to get RPs is one of the keys to success here...
Wed 25 Dec 2019 12:03 PM by Forlornhope
Riac wrote:
Mon 23 Dec 2019 10:19 PM
gotwqqd wrote:

While I agree with you, removing the free rps would likely cause more people to quit.
Fri 27 Dec 2019 10:08 PM by Riac
this whole thread is stupid, and deserves stupid replies.
Sat 4 Jan 2020 10:03 PM by Varano
shintacki wrote: I would absolutely quit if they reset the server.

I doubt many people would quit. If you're still here its becuase you're a hardcore DAoC junkie and this is the best server.
A server reset would not change this.
Maybe some would quit and that's fine, because there are many more (myself included) not playing because others were given an unfair advantage at the start.
If we had a clean launch we could easily see over 2k population at peak times.
I occasionally check these forums for news of a server reset, once they do it, i'll be back.
Sun 5 Jan 2020 12:52 AM by Forlornhope
Varano wrote:
Sat 4 Jan 2020 10:03 PM

I doubt many people would quit. If you're still here its becuase you're a hardcore DAoC junkie and this is the best server.
Maybe some would quit and that's fine, because there are many more (myself included) not playing because others were given an unfair advantage at the start.
I occasionally check these forums for news of a server reset, once they do it, i'll be back.

Don't let that discourage you, most people here are willing to help people. Obviously you're never going to compete with hardcore no life rp farmers who have been doing this for eight months but there's still fun to be had. Join a good guild, and their rvr groups you'll gain rank quickly.
Sun 5 Jan 2020 1:20 AM by gotwqqd
Varano wrote:
Sat 4 Jan 2020 10:03 PM

I love the game...not sure if I’d be considered hardcore

I had 10+ level 50’s on each realm and all were wiped for “macroing”.
I started again, on one realm atm. But I’d no way start over again from a server wipe.

Trying to get to some medium/high RR only to be starting over isn’t something I want. And the possibility of wipe after wipe? No thanks. Precedence has been set.
Tue 7 Jan 2020 2:39 AM by stewbeedoo
I don't see this early adopter disparity very much.

Sure there are some very high RR folks but they also roll new toons. I started well after launch and don't have trouble finding lots of low-med RR to fight.

IMO this is way more of a problem on Live where everyone runs around on their RR13s and there are no low RR toons.

I see no need for a server reset.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Tavern or the latest topics