Quick questions from a new player.

Started 27 Nov 2019
by Trevorven
in Tavern
What caster classes are viable for rvr since that’s the point of this game? Mainly looking at Midgard since that’s what I played back in the day. Where can I find leveling guides? I keep hearing about these xp items I’m not sure what they are. I’ve also been told you can spend gold to skip levels 25-35?
Thu 28 Nov 2019 12:46 AM by The Skies Asunder
Runemaster and Bonedancer both seem to get groups in RvR. Spiritmaster isn't a terrible choice for RvR either though. The xp item guides are pinned in each of the realms sub forums. Though they were recently nerfed, so they aren't as important most of the time. Unless you collect like 50 of them at a time. Welcome to the server though, tell all your friends!
Thu 28 Nov 2019 1:22 PM by Nunki
Short answers: Every mid caster is viable in any way depending on spec and playstyle.

BD is especially great in:
- solo PvM
- every RvR-aspect (solo, group, zerg) depending on spec

SM is especially great in:
- PvM (group, bomb spec most wanted)
- RvR (solo, group)

RM is especially great in:
- RvR (group, zerg) depending on spec
- solo or group PvM is viable, but other classes are faster and you are replaceable in a group.

Really depends on your preferences and playstyle.
All of them are great in a certain way.

If you want a character that is noob friendly, I may not suggest BD.
Not saying that it is hard to get along with, but it may require more skill to utilize all the features BD has, essentially talking about proper pet management and your main role as rupt-bot in 8x8.
Thu 28 Nov 2019 1:32 PM by Sepplord
how is BD not noob freindly?
or was that sarcasm? Anuninformed person looking for advice wouldn't pick up on that i believe...

Besides that i just disagree on the solo-RvR Runemaster. I know that he can work but putting them on the same level as BDs and SMs for solo-RvR is painting the wrong picture
Thu 28 Nov 2019 2:59 PM by Nunki
Sepplord wrote:
Thu 28 Nov 2019 1:32 PM
or was that sarcasm? Anuninformed person looking for advice wouldn't pick up on that i believe...

Besides that i just disagree on the solo-RvR Runemaster. I know that he can work but putting them on the same level as BDs and SMs for solo-RvR is painting the wrong picture

Agreed. Edited my post.

BD and SM are definitely better / easier in solo RvR than RM, especially due to their surviveability.

BD is no noob class in RvR.
You can easily play it somehow and survive in many cases, but in order to utilize all the features BD got and in order to properly represent your role in 8x8 (rupt-bot) you need more skill than e.g. RM or SM. My personal opinion.
Thu 28 Nov 2019 3:31 PM by Sepplord
Nunki wrote:
Thu 28 Nov 2019 2:59 PM
Sepplord wrote:
Thu 28 Nov 2019 1:32 PM

Agreed. Edited my post.

BD and SM are definitely better / easier in solo RvR than RM, especially due to their surviveability.

BD is no noob class in RvR.
You can easily play it somehow and survive in many cases, but in order to utilize all the features BD got and in order to properly represent your role in 8x8 (rupt-bot) you need more skill than e.g. RM or SM. My personal opinion.

yeah good point. If the goal is to reach full class potential, then BD isn't the noobclass that he is often called. Locking the correct 2-3people down reliably isn't that easy. I was more thinking about the scenario of "if you have a very nooby player, on which class should he take the first steps/on which class will a bad player have the most impact".
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Tavern or the latest topics