Congrats Devs

Started 15 Nov 2019
by lurker
in Tavern
I think it's fair to say, you did it! Well Done!

Personally I don't play anymore but may come back from time to time. However, I see from the stats that you broke the Uthgard curve. They were at roughly 400 players peak at this time (11 months in) and you have managed to retain roughly 1200. This has even been on a slow upwards trend for the last couple of months at least.

So, whilst I didn't agree with every change and ultimately I don't play as much as I used to, you do deserve the credit for creating a server which can maintain what looks like a somewhat sustainable size of player base.

I imagine it's difficult walking the line and making decisions with such a famously opinionated and dis-unified player base, but keep it up!

Good Luck and Congrats!
Fri 15 Nov 2019 11:36 AM by Sepplord
I started reading and thought this is another sarcastic condescending post

Refreshing to see something else for a difference
Fri 15 Nov 2019 1:31 PM by Azrael
Sepplord wrote:
Fri 15 Nov 2019 11:36 AM
I started reading and thought this is another sarcastic condescending post

Refreshing to see something else for a difference

hehe thought the same xD.
Thanks for this OP. +1
Fri 15 Nov 2019 11:35 PM by kiectred
Goforit wrote:
Fri 15 Nov 2019 11:03 PM
Hm...Population fell from 4000 peak to 1200 peak in 10 months. At some times of the day Population is at roughly 300...which makes it hard to play in rvr.
Now what exactly is the great thing they did? Being better than uthgard? Ok, thats not hard.
They did a good Job, but there is nothing special about the server...just another daoc freeshard.

It will only ever be "just another daoc freeshard". No one is saying otherwise, merely acknowledging and appreciating their work which has allowed them to surpass all other freeshards. Stop reading too far into it.
Tue 19 Nov 2019 5:47 PM by Estat
lurker wrote:
Fri 15 Nov 2019 11:23 AM
However, I see from the stats that you broke the Uthgard curve. They were at roughly 400 players peak at this time (11 months in) and you have managed to retain roughly 1200.
Actually, Uthgard had a stable population of about 1.000 every night EU prime time with peaks at about 1.200 eleven months in (December 2017).
Tue 19 Nov 2019 9:06 PM by Gfxygames
Goforit wrote:
Hm...Population fell from 4000 peak to 1200 peak in 10 months. At some times of the day Population is at roughly 300...which makes it hard to play in rvr.
Now what exactly is the great thing they did? Being better than uthgard? Ok, thats not hard.
They did a good Job, but there is nothing special about the server...just another daoc freeshard.

Name a freeshard that's held 4k 10 months after release.
Mon 25 Nov 2019 5:38 PM by BisbyHoughton
Cheers to the devs! This weekend was the first time I played in months and I was able to have a blast. Thanks for your dedication
Thu 28 Nov 2019 6:44 PM by Chaskha
Goforit wrote:

There was plenty of special to this server, if you have the slightest idea about programming or even just working for months, putting your heart into a project, hoping it will work and thrive better than the competition. The whole team of phoenix deserve a good amount of recognition (I do think the Uthgard team deserved the same until they act like arrogant know-it-all) even if I dislike some decisions, I know they mean to improve

Eventually arrogance will build up only because of the negativity (action => reaction)... Be positive, costs you nothing at all !
Thu 12 Dec 2019 8:32 PM by stewbeedoo
I logged on to Live briefly and realized I had no desire to play that horrible version of DAoC.

Long live Phoenix and kudos to the Devs!!
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Tavern or the latest topics