Re: XP changes have completely killed my desire to play

Sepplord wrote:
Thu Nov 14, 2019 3:46 pm
Svperstar wrote:
Thu Nov 14, 2019 3:07 pm
I think people are freaking out about nothing.

It took me ages to get my Scout to 50 on live back in 2002. Mind numbly painful experience even with a 50 buff bot with 50 in enhance.

Was out sick from work yesterday and I leveled my Inf from 44 - 47.5. In one day here at Phx.
Why does levelling speed 28years ago matter at all?

People have levelled in certain speeds here on phoenix in the last few months, and most thought it was near perfect. Not too easy, but also something that you can get done quite fast. Especially at higher levels it was still possible to make worthwhile progress even when only playing in short timeframes.

"from 44-47,5 in one day"
Without playtime this information is either completely worthless, or (if taken literally) shows that levelling speed is horrible if you only managed to do 3,5levels in 24hours. When i hear someone had time to play all day because they were sick at home, and they only do 3-4levels....then that does not sound appealing to me at all. That basically means i need to take a week off of ork to level a new 50. I doubt that's the case though

I don't think the sky is falling, i am just sad that such a much loved system as the XP-Items was changed in such a dissapointing way.
I was on from 10 AM my time to 5 pm my time. I took a break and came back when the tasks reset at 7 pm my time, then I went from 47 to 47.5 just doing tasks in less then an hour, this is after tasks were nerfed.
Albion Merlin 2001 - 2003 | Kensik Merc Svperstar Cleric Lothlorian Scout
Uthgard 1.0 Svperstar 7L8 Inf & 1,000 alts
Former GM - Sanguine (RIP)

Wasted_Content wrote:
Wed Nov 13, 2019 9:17 pm
And now there are no more items in housing. And now no one is farming them because drop rate is so low...
As said before its the best opportunities ever for farmers ^^ now u can choose each day to become rich or to have a new 50 (old players do both :p )
Don't know if they changed drop rate but it was 2 days ago 10% on green = 1 xp item each pull with cabal matter about 1 by minute = 4P/hours with gold & salvage
and 40-50% on orange/red = 8P/hours with cabal matter (less mob but better drop)

Not so bad for a dead server where we cant xp anymore or earn gold :p

And dont tell me u dont have cabal matter 50 so u cant do it, we can start at grim snow with a level 20 cabal (need 20mn to up one killing mobs or 20s killing trolls :p )

F.

Hello everyone,

I'm a relatively new player to both DAoC and Phoenix. I joined the server in October and starting leveling multiple classes, and in October with a group, the speed was amazing. Now, as I level my BD in its 30s, its slowed down significantly. In fact, I have 23 hours time played on my BD, who is only level 32, and even after turning in 6 task completion tokens, 25+ xp items, and roughly 2k phoenix eggs, I was unable to hit 33. I also noticed while in a group, I earned just as much XP as I would solo, and there was no incentive for me to bother grouping since it felt like a waste of time having to run across the world instead of the place I bound to while leveling through the 30s. I don't know if the devs read the forums and all these complaints on the new system, or even if they care, but I don't enjoy these new changes compared to how xp was. Now I feel like I am spending an insane amount of time trying to level just to experience RvR, which was the whole point of me trying DAoC since I have been missing good, team based RvR since Warhammer Online is shut down.

MorboNinja wrote:
Thu Nov 14, 2019 5:03 pm
Hello everyone,

I'm a relatively new player to both DAoC and Phoenix. I joined the server in October and starting leveling multiple classes, and in October with a group, the speed was amazing. Now, as I level my BD in its 30s, its slowed down significantly. In fact, I have 23 hours time played on my BD, who is only level 32, and even after turning in 6 task completion tokens, 25+ xp items, and roughly 2k phoenix eggs, I was unable to hit 33. I also noticed while in a group, I earned just as much XP as I would solo, and there was no incentive for me to bother grouping since it felt like a waste of time having to run across the world instead of the place I bound to while leveling through the 30s. I don't know if the devs read the forums and all these complaints on the new system, or even if they care, but I don't enjoy these new changes compared to how xp was. Now I feel like I am spending an insane amount of time trying to level just to experience RvR, which was the whole point of me trying DAoC since I have been missing good, team based RvR since Warhammer Online is shut down.
I have chosen not to level any more toons and just play my 50's. The change was harsh. But, there is a Warhammer freeshard fyi. Not going to post a link to it since that might be against the rules. But, it's called return of reckoning, give that a search in Google box

Svperstar wrote:
Thu Nov 14, 2019 3:52 pm
Sepplord wrote:
Thu Nov 14, 2019 3:46 pm
Svperstar wrote:
Thu Nov 14, 2019 3:07 pm
I think people are freaking out about nothing.

It took me ages to get my Scout to 50 on live back in 2002. Mind numbly painful experience even with a 50 buff bot with 50 in enhance.

Was out sick from work yesterday and I leveled my Inf from 44 - 47.5. In one day here at Phx.
Why does levelling speed 28years ago matter at all?

People have levelled in certain speeds here on phoenix in the last few months, and most thought it was near perfect. Not too easy, but also something that you can get done quite fast. Especially at higher levels it was still possible to make worthwhile progress even when only playing in short timeframes.

"from 44-47,5 in one day"
Without playtime this information is either completely worthless, or (if taken literally) shows that levelling speed is horrible if you only managed to do 3,5levels in 24hours. When i hear someone had time to play all day because they were sick at home, and they only do 3-4levels....then that does not sound appealing to me at all. That basically means i need to take a week off of ork to level a new 50. I doubt that's the case though

I don't think the sky is falling, i am just sad that such a much loved system as the XP-Items was changed in such a dissapointing way.
I was on from 10 AM my time to 5 pm my time. I took a break and came back when the tasks reset at 7 pm my time, then I went from 47 to 47.5 just doing tasks in less then an hour, this is after tasks were nerfed.
That’s horrible compared to what it was

gotwqqd wrote:
Thu Nov 14, 2019 9:24 pm
lol then maybe people are spoiled. Tonight I went to frontiers and killed mobs weak to thrust that drop an XP item. In about an hour and a half completely solo on an stealther(which scares people off because its "hard to level") I went from 47.5 to 48.3. I have more items to turn it or I would have mini-dinged 48.5. So almost a full level in not even two hours.

Compared to Uthgard 1/2 that is crazy fast and compared to Classic live its a pure miracle. It was a nightmare leveling then.

People will complain about anything.

Svperstar wrote:
Fri Nov 15, 2019 1:40 am
gotwqqd wrote:
Thu Nov 14, 2019 9:24 pm
lol then maybe people are spoiled. Tonight I went to frontiers and killed mobs weak to thrust that drop an XP item. In about an hour and a half completely solo on an stealther(which scares people off because its "hard to level") I went from 47.5 to 48.3. I have more items to turn it or I would have mini-dinged 48.5. So almost a full level in not even two hours.

Compared to Uthgard 1/2 that is crazy fast and compared to Classic live its a pure miracle. It was a nightmare leveling then.

People will complain about anything.
Comparing the XP to other servers is irrelevant. And what you described does seem much slower than what I have accomplished in an hour and a half before the changes

shintacki wrote:
Fri Nov 15, 2019 2:01 am
Comparing the XP to other servers is irrelevant. And what you described does seem much slower than what I have accomplished in an hour and a half before the changes
Then maybe people were spoiled by too fast XP before.

Svperstar wrote:
Fri Nov 15, 2019 2:03 am
shintacki wrote:
Fri Nov 15, 2019 2:01 am
Then maybe people were spoiled by too fast XP before.
Then I guess my, and many others, question becomes: why change it at all? Who complained about the XP before? The entire point of DAoC is to PvP so why slow the rate at which people get there? People have a right to be upset when changes are made like this that no one asked for and have no identifiable purpose other than reduce the QoL here. Maybe people were spoiled, but is that a bad thing? Why wouldn't we want people leveling as fast as possible? If more than one person has quit because of these XP changes then they are bad changes.

shintacki wrote:
Fri Nov 15, 2019 2:10 am
Then I guess my, and many others, question becomes: why change it at all? Who complained about the XP before? The entire point of DAoC is to PvP so why slow the rate at which people get there? People have a right to be upset when changes are made like this that no one asked for and have no identifiable purpose other than reduce the QoL here. Maybe people were spoiled, but is that a bad thing? Why wouldn't we want people leveling as fast as possible? If more than one person has quit because of these XP changes then they are bad changes.
I don't get why someone would quit. I came back to PHX after not touching it since January I think a week and a half ago. My Inf was level 6 when I came back. I am going to ding 50 tomorrow night. I have taken time to go to Sidi/SH raids on my Wiz I leveled to 50 before I took a break.

How is that slow XP?