XP changes have completely killed my desire to play

I’m pretty new to Phoenix, starting about a month ago. I’ve leveled a few characters to 50 but didn’t really want to commit to any until I had an idea of the meta and how each realm was and rvr.

These xp changes have completely taken the wind out of my sails. It’s hard to describe exactly how much less fun it is leveling now. What’s most discouraging is that it seems to me that these changes will hurt new, unestablished players the most, since we don’t have a couple hundred plat and good guilds to help us out. Most of my complaints in game have vetted this opinion - players that already have geared out mains are of the opinion that everyone else should stop whining.

I’m really just baffled by this all, including the Devs response which has been basically (hilariously) - “working as intended.”

Either way, if there’s not significant changes to this weekend’s xp nerfs, I don’t see myself playing anymore. I have 3 farming chars at level 50 in two realms (that I don’t really wanna play in rvr) and a hunter that I spent basically all of my income temping only to find that I don’t really have any interest in playing in stealth groups. If I can’t level up other chars easily, I’m done with Phoenix. Which sucks, because I went from being super excited to play to feeling like it’s a total time-sink that I have to commit all my free time to in the course of about 12 hours.

Re: XP changes have completely killed my desire to play

beau wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 2:24 pm
I’m pretty new to Phoenix, starting about a month ago. I’ve leveled a few characters to 50 but didn’t really want to commit to any until I had an idea of the meta and how each realm was and rvr.

These xp changes have completely taken the wind out of my sails. It’s hard to describe exactly how much less fun it is leveling now. What’s most discouraging is that it seems to me that these changes will hurt new, unestablished players the most, since we don’t have a couple hundred plat and good guilds to help us out. Most of my complaints in game have vetted this opinion - players that already have geared out mains are of the opinion that everyone else should stop whining.

I’m really just baffled by this all, including the Devs response which has been basically (hilariously) - “working as intended.”

Either way, if there’s not significant changes to this weekend’s xp nerfs, I don’t see myself playing anymore. I have 3 farming chars at level 50 in two realms (that I don’t really wanna play in rvr) and a hunter that I spent basically all of my income temping only to find that I don’t really have any interest in playing in stealth groups. If I can’t level up other chars easily, I’m done with Phoenix. Which sucks, because I went from being super excited to play to feeling like it’s a total time-sink that I have to commit all my free time to in the course of about 12 hours.
Im in a similar condition and i understand what u feel.

So sad
Fensup ~Sham~
Fenzup ~Mentalist~

I dont understand complaint about last change, now rich have instant 50 and poor can earn 6P/hours killing greens (of course u need a farm class not a scout :p but I always said before choosing class u want to play u need a farm class in this game...)

I never killed a mob for many months now with new system and less 5P/char (if u dont have 5P u need 1 hour to farm them now...) my wizard level 30 full of dust up 35 in 10 seconds and can RVR & up 1 free level a day with fun (todays 42...) , and I have pleasure to farm again XP item because I know I could up all my low level and try them in real RVR as soon as I have 5P or 150 items, everybody should be happy, its up for XP & RVR, good job !

F.

falcon wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 4:23 pm
I dont understand complaint about last change, now rich have instant 50 and poor can earn 6P/hours killing greens (of course u need a farm class not a scout :p but I always said before choosing class u want to play u need a farm class in this game...)

I never killed a mob for many months now with new system and less 5P/char (if u dont have 5P u need 1 hour to farm them now...) my wizard level 30 full of dust up 35 in 10 seconds and can RVR & up 1 free level a day with fun (todays 42...) , and I have pleasure to farm again XP item because I know I could up all my low level and try them in real RVR as soon as I have 5P or 150 items, everybody should be happy, its up for XP & RVR, good job !

F.
I don't want to spend plat to be instant 50. Nor do I want to farm the xp items to sell.

I actually enjoyed leveling chars here before this change - it only felt like a grind in the 40s. And you learned how to play your char.

I do not understand the rationale behind this change. Shouldn't we be making it easier for new / returning players to get to RvR and not the opposite?

stewbeedoo wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 6:57 pm
I don't want to spend plat to be instant 50. Nor do I want to farm the xp items to sell.

I actually enjoyed leveling chars here before this change - it only felt like a grind in the 40s. And you learned how to play your char.

I do not understand the rationale behind this change. Shouldn't we be making it easier for new / returning players to get to RvR and not the opposite?
Exactly.
Most if not all people here anyways play to join into RvR, so why making the way there harder and not easier?
Why making it more expensive and not less expensive?
Sounds....... strange....