Rape jokes in Advice chat

Started 26 Oct 2019
by Riac
in Tavern
lol
Sat 26 Oct 2019 2:16 PM by Enyore
You should definitely verbally rape them in the name of decency.
Sat 26 Oct 2019 3:14 PM by Aytlan
This is a perfect example of the culture we are dealing with. Do the Dev's condone this thru their inaction?
Sat 26 Oct 2019 3:59 PM by Chaskha
It's not ok to joke about someone who's actually been raped. It's obviously not funny and will never become a good memory.
However, undirected jokes is called humour, it can be playwords, clever, ackward, gross, it's a damn joke ... not a litteral attack or sadistic play on someone who actually suffered.

Please, understand that your decency battle is Political Correctness and plain attack on the freedom of others ... what is next ? No jokes about housewives? No joke about airplanes coz your grand uncle died in an airbus ? Do you want to live your life with a list of not-to-do-in-case-of-hyper-sensitive-feelings ? I don't.

I hate some kind of humour too, I don't particularly enjoy rape jokes for instance but I understand it's just a joke an no one was actually raped ... Context is EVERYTHING.
Sat 26 Oct 2019 4:45 PM by Freedomcall
Chaskha wrote:
Sat 26 Oct 2019 3:59 PM
It's not ok to joke about someone who's actually been raped. It's obviously not funny and will never become a good memory.
However, undirected jokes is called humour, it can be playwords, clever, ackward, gross, it's a damn joke ... not a litteral attack or sadistic play on someone who actually suffered.

Please, understand that your decency battle is Political Correctness and plain attack on the freedom of others ... what is next ? No jokes about housewives? No joke about airplanes coz your grand uncle died in an airbus ? Do you want to live your life with a list of not-to-do-in-case-of-hyper-sensitive-feelings ? I don't.

I hate some kind of humour too, I don't particularly enjoy rape jokes for instance but I understand it's just a joke an no one was actually raped ... Context is EVERYTHING.

lmao FREEDOM!
Sat 26 Oct 2019 5:18 PM by Enyore
Jokes can be over the line, but unless its in a direct context aimed against someone specific then most of the time the actual problem is with the receiver, not the sender.

Your way of thinking and acting is giving words waaay too much power. Just stop your moral crusade.
Sat 26 Oct 2019 7:08 PM by Riac
gotta love when the moral gran standing blows up in your face.
Sun 27 Oct 2019 4:28 AM by Clockwork
Aytlan wrote:
Sat 26 Oct 2019 3:14 PM
This is a perfect example of the culture we are dealing with. Do the Dev's condone this thru their inaction?

Devs and every other staff member have real lives. Despite popular belief, monitoring and managing -hundreds to thousands- of players nightly is no easy task.

This topic is inappropriate, not only for the subject being brought up but because we do not allow witch hunting. If anything like this occurs players need to use the /appeal function and let GMs do their jobs, not make public forum posts that clearly lead to more of a mess.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Tavern or the latest topics