Visions of Old Frontiers: Behind Enemy Lines

Started 22 Sep 2019
by Frigzy
in Tavern
Just a thought I had:

GENERAL:
> Implement capture points in sensible locations in the primary zones that advertise your presence (Emain/Hadrians/Odins) In return for your capture, you will gain a small 20 minutes buff (gold/rps/exp)
Also: If you are grouped, you will not receive notifications of enemy captures of solo's. If you are a fullgroup, you will not receive notifications of groups smaller than 5. This rule does not apply when there is no level 50 player in the group.

> Implement porting to a single keep. The one which is the furthest out in an unbroken line of realm-owned keeps. You can not port to a keep under siege (door under 95%). All RvR porting is on a 3 minute timer with a secondary port. All other porting is instant, including porting home from an enemy frontier.

> Implement a passive tasking system that starts only when you engage in a specific playstyle. For instance: you start soloing, your solo taskline starts. Smallman, same thing, FGs auto-unlock a GvG-style taskline, taking Keeps unlocks a raiding task-line etc.

> Implement an increasing bounty system that incrementally adds up while you progress in a certain task-line. You gain increased bounty points for every consecutive success in the taskline without dying, but the enemy also will receive increasingly more reward for killing you and breaking your streak. If your streak ends, all enemy players you have killed will receive a very small portion (10% distributed) for contributing in your battles. The killer(s) receive(s) 90% of the bounty. (Reskins are available through bounty points. This should be the primary source and reskins should be quite expensive. Also a seperate Title system can be implemented.)

> There is only a permanent RvR participation task such as we have now, NO randomly appointed keeptasks.

KEEPS, RELICS and BEYOND

> Taking Keeps weakens the Relic Guard presence such as it did on Live. It also breaks the port chain as mentioned above.

> Taking Relics grants you a small realm-wide buff (no damage, healing or defense modifiers though).

BUT taking a Relic Keep also decreases the relevant Border Keep Guard attack strength by 50%!
Strength Relic Keeps will represent the melee and archer guards. Magic Relic Keeps will represent the caster guards. (This includes portal keep guards!)
Taking your Relics back will restore the guard strength.

> Storming the Border Keeps will obviously become a real (and intended) possibility once a realm loses both its Relics. A realm with both Relics intact should be relatively safe from such attempts. This balance will obviously will have to be tested thoroughly. Stealthing past Border Keep guards should also be impossible.

HOWEVER, a different ruleset applies for those who actually make it accross the border keep and into the enemy realm's mainland zones.

1. Upon entering the zone, you are on a mission "Behind Enemy Lines". You now have atotal of 6 real life hours of /played time which you can use to invade enemy territory and wreak havoc. After this you will be ported back to serve your realm once more at home. You may log out, but this will decrease your timer by 1 hour.

2. In the enemy mainland territory, the PvP ruleset applies! You can still only group players from your own realm though.

3. You can extend your timer by killing enemy level 50 players. Every level 50 player you kill will add 30 minutes of extra Mission time in the enemy homeland. This amount is divided by the number of players in your group. (as a trio, you will each gain 10 minutes extra)

However, killing a player of your OWN Realm will extend your timer by double the amount (1 hour) (also divided as above). Should you manage to kill a player from the third realm, this will also count for 1 hour towards your timer.

4. Stealth is limited. Every minute you spend in stealth will add up to a cooldown counter of half of the time you spent stealthed on your next stealth opportunity. For instance: you're stealthed for 2 minutes? You will be unable to stealth for 1 minute afterwards. Vanish obviously bypasses this.

5. Killing an enemy invader in your home realm gives you massive amounts of bounty points, gold and experience. Realm points stay the same.

The above ruleset prevents permanent abuse and spices the game up a bit behind enemy lines. Obviously once you die it's over and you release back to your home realm. Unless you can find a rezz perhaps... ? (Getting rezzed or rezzing will not alter your timer. Up to one minute after getting rezzed you will not grant a timer bonus.)

PS:
I believe Old Frontiers can be way more fun than the way we've played it here on this server. I'm aware of the DEVs statements that reverting to OF is "not possible". I had this idea in my head though and wanted to share it.
Thu 26 Sep 2019 2:12 AM by leb
make your own freeshard

thx
Thu 26 Sep 2019 8:07 AM by Frigzy
leb wrote:
Thu 26 Sep 2019 2:12 AM
make your own freeshard

thx

Maybe one day lol..
Thu 26 Sep 2019 12:13 PM by Gfxygames
Frigzy wrote:
Thu 26 Sep 2019 8:07 AM
leb wrote:
Thu 26 Sep 2019 2:12 AM
make your own freeshard

thx

Maybe one day lol..

Realm invasion freeshards have been built before but never really lasted. Hasn't been done since 2008-ish if memory serves me right. Who knows, maybe people would want one now. I've always liked the idea of one.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Tavern or the latest topics