Radar...

Started 10 Sep 2019
by Subsonica
in Tavern
This is not a whining post, but tonight i realized that there is an alb group roaming and clearly using a radar. if you ask me why i am sure about that, it's just because i used to play on live server and Uthgard shard with radar user players, and these guys that i met around Blendrake last night, have the same behaviour.

I am not the only one that noticed that, many other players (talking about /reg in hib), clearly noticed the same, and some made /appeal

Please do not allow this behaviour, or the game quality will be killed
Tue 10 Sep 2019 2:06 PM by caseyryback
Everyone's played with radar users so your experience isn't unique. Like anyone is going to take this garbage post seriously because "you" think they have the same behavior. lol.
Tue 10 Sep 2019 2:24 PM by Subsonica
caseyryback wrote:
Tue 10 Sep 2019 2:06 PM
Everyone's played with radar users so your experience isn't unique. Like anyone is going to take this garbage post seriously because "you" think they have the same behavior. lol.
thank you for your contribution and appreciation

first of all, i am not the only one that noticed that, so it is not "you";
second, we made some tests: as stealthers, we moved far from the fighting spots and went visible. immediately these toons appeared from nowhere. weird, isn't it? and this happened 4 times, in 4 different spots. they popped up everywhere there was a fight, even if it was only 2 toons fighting.

next time, before you open your mouth and insult me, make sure your brain is switched on

cheers
Tue 10 Sep 2019 2:54 PM by kiectred
Subsonica wrote:
Tue 10 Sep 2019 2:24 PM
caseyryback wrote:

second, we made some tests: as stealthers, we moved far from the fighting spots and went visible. immediately these toons appeared from nowhere. weird, isn't it? and this happened 4 times, in 4 different spots. they popped up everywhere there was a fight, even if it was only 2 toons fighting.

next time, before you open your mouth and insult me, make sure your brain is switched on

cheers

You did this 4 times and no one decided to record proof?

I get it, I'm sure some people use radar. But I hear this all the time on alb even. Someone is always complaining about it and they tell the wildest stories about it happening multiple times to them, but never once has anyone decided to record their experience. You're right, you're not alone and it's not just you. It's a lot of people on all 3 realms and we still have no videos. It's the Bigfoot of DAoC.

Until you provide proof, you gain nothing from posting here. You (or whoever) did the right thing appealing it but coming here to continue the conversation will lead to nothing.
Tue 10 Sep 2019 3:05 PM by Subsonica
kiectred wrote:
Tue 10 Sep 2019 2:54 PM
Subsonica wrote:
caseyryback wrote:

cheers

I get it, I'm sure some people use radar. But I hear this all the time on alb even. Someone is always complaining about it and they tell the wildest stories about it happening multiple times to them, but never once has anyone decided to record their experience. You're right, you're not alone and it's not just you. It's a lot of people on all 3 realms and we still have no videos. It's the Bigfoot of DAoC.

Until you provide proof, you gain nothing from posting here. You (or whoever) did the right thing appealing it but coming here to continue the conversation will lead to nothing.

you're right mate, actually some made /appeal unfortunately me and my group don't use fraps, so i don't have video proof. but, as ex GM of 2 old freeshards, i know some simple tricks a GM can use to detect them, without using any SW detector
Tue 10 Sep 2019 3:34 PM by Sepplord
if loads of people appeal them i guess they will investigate...
they have banned people for using it before, so they don't just turn a blind eye in general

That said, back when i was still young and considered myself a good player, i was regularly accused for radar using as i played bard/sorc, so i know from first hand experience that people jump to these conclusions really fast sometimes and often are completely wrong.

Hell i have been accused of hacking in FPS games, while having negative scores and being overall shit most of the time too. Always with the explanation "i know hacks when i play against them"...

Not saying you are one of those people, or that the accused group is not radaring. It's just that even when loads of people claim that specific people are cheating, very often they are wrong
Tue 10 Sep 2019 9:23 PM by ExcretusMaximus
In my experience, any time someone loses mez or gets hit in a sideswipe they cry RADAR.

Does it exist? Sure it does.

Is it wide spread? Not IMO.

The devs do a good job of crushing anyone using third party programs here.
Tue 10 Sep 2019 10:23 PM by gotwqqd
Subsonica wrote:
Tue 10 Sep 2019 3:05 PM
kiectred wrote:
Tue 10 Sep 2019 2:54 PM
Subsonica wrote:

cheers

you're right mate, actually some made /appeal unfortunately me and my group don't use fraps, so i don't have video proof. but, as ex GM of 2 old freeshards, i know some simple tricks a GM can use to detect them, without using any SW detector

Put ghost character inside an object....wait for players to cone by and tab trying to target it
Wed 11 Sep 2019 8:16 AM by Tyrael
Note that we take radar and third party tools in general very seriously on Phoenix. People using this will be caught and permanently banned from the server, as some have already found out the hard way.

These threads in general do not help us with investigating such cases - if you strongly suspect radar use you can message one of us on Discord together with what evidence you have. We will then verify the claim.

Know that the light of justice shall continue to bring a fiery end to any and all who use such tools.
Wed 11 Sep 2019 2:32 PM by Subsonica
Tyrael wrote:
Wed 11 Sep 2019 8:16 AM
Note that we take radar and third party tools in general very seriously on Phoenix. People using this will be caught and permanently banned from the server, as some have already found out the hard way.

These threads in general do not help us with investigating such cases - if you strongly suspect radar use you can message one of us on Discord together with what evidence you have. We will then verify the claim.

Know that the light of justice shall continue to bring a fiery end to any and all who use such tools.

thank you for your attention. when the eisode happened, there was no GM available on disord, but one of our grp made an appeal, indicating also name of the suspect toon. By myself, i have sent e PM to one of the GMs in this same forum.

i am confident you will soon catch these cheaters. thank you in advance to all the staff
Fri 20 Sep 2019 3:25 PM by Subsonica
apart from radar issue... we all can see an inconnu infiltrator camping at keep bridges clearly using speedhack. the question now is: is he some kind of "untouchable" by the staff, is he member of the staff or it's just staff don't care about cheaters and third party programs?

just to know if this is the trend of this server. RvR already became boring because the only option is "attack/defend keep". now cheaters. this is not helping at all, and population is slowly fading away...

am i wrong?
Fri 20 Sep 2019 3:36 PM by Uthred
Yes, you are wrong.

If you think someone is cheating, send us proof for that and we will take care of it. Just saying he is a cheater doesnt help at all, also accusing the staff will not help catching any cheater either.

We are aware of the fact that there are cheaters on the server and we already caught some of them. But just name calling without in a public thread will not help. Send a GM via Discord and we will investigate.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Tavern or the latest topics