Old player a bit lost

Started 1 Sep 2019
by Fjolde
in Tavern
I was pretty young when I first played this and I'm having trouble remembering what to do. I know I go out and smash stuff for loot and xp but I'm having trouble remembering how to talk to NPCs, find quests or really interact with the world at all. Is there a guide I can read or a post that could be linked?

I tried searching the forums before posting but every word combination I put in came back saying it was too common, so I apologize if there are a lot of posts asking the same thing.

I may be over thinking what I have to do but like I said it was so long ago and I don't think Minotaur was even out when I played, so not sure if it's a version thing or I just plain forgot.

One last thing I've been searching for, resizing the UI to a larger scale. I have it set at 1920x1080 to fit my screen but everything is just a little too small to read without squinting and leaning forward. Or should I just lower my resolution?
Mon 2 Sep 2019 12:27 AM by Expfighter
Right click to talk to NPC's
Minotaur is not available here
F6 to enter combat when lower, styles as you get higher
I run 1920 x 1080 as well and its fine
There are sticky threads on the forums with different Ui's and gameplay

Depending on the realm, you csan ask in game
Mon 2 Sep 2019 6:38 AM by kiectred
Only thing I would add is that for me, entering combat was default the tilde key next to the 1 key. You can type /keyboard in-game to see what it is for you, as well as a bunch of other helpful commands (how to tab through targets, both friendly and hostile, how to target last attacker, etc).

Also be aware of which quickbar your abilities are on, as one of the default bars is alt+[number] and the other is just [number]... that tripped me up for a little bit when I started. You can also bring up a third one if you need.

Welcome to phoenix
Mon 2 Sep 2019 8:20 AM by Nunki
Hello and Welcome back!

I recommend the following steps:
Visit Youtube and search for "Daoc Phoenix Guide". Beneath different leveling guides, there is also a "Classic Dark Age of Camelot - MID/HIB/ALB Beginner's Guide" which explains the basics.

Another textual guide I found by typing "Daoc Phoenix Guide" in Google was:
https://www.reddit.com/r/daoc/comments/ald4a0/phoenix_midgard_leveling_guide/

Some Locs may be outdated but it gives quite a nice overview.

Search for a beginner friendly guild willing to explain stuff via Discord/Teamspeak.

Have fun.
Mon 2 Sep 2019 3:36 PM by Enyore
Welcome back ,

As already mentioned go to youtube and search for a phoenix guide, it quickly will make sense of things.

Secondly - use the /lfg when you can to find groups, this game was not meant to be played solo.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Tavern or the latest topics