Does anyone 8v8 anymore?

Started 19 Aug 2019
by GetUrHairDid
in Tavern
Someone please tell me i'm leveling on here for some reason lol
Mon 19 Aug 2019 2:30 AM by ExcretusMaximus
There are a few roaming groups in each realm, I wouldn't call any of them 8v8 groups though; very few respect fights and all of them will chase down anything smaller than them.
Mon 19 Aug 2019 5:47 AM by Aph
There is plenty of 8v8 still. This guy has no idea what he is talking about - besides the thing about smaller groups getting rolled by 8man groups too often.

Of course the time zone you play in will matter a lot. Eu prime is a lot more chaotic but instant action more or less. NA hours are more composed but in some cases better for 8v8.

Have fun
Mon 19 Aug 2019 6:13 AM by ExcretusMaximus
Aph wrote:
Mon 19 Aug 2019 5:47 AM
There is plenty of 8v8 still. This guy has no idea what he is talking about - besides the thing about smaller groups getting rolled by 8man groups too often.

East coast prime time:
Sauce - Hits everything.
Wrath - Hits everything.
Spanx Mafia - Hits everything.
Legion - Hits everything.
PK - Hits everything.
Super PUG - Hits everything.
Roaming PUGs - Hit everything.

If the only fights you respect are fights on EV or fights you know the players in, you're not an 8-man, you're just a roaming group farming realm points; and there is nothing wrong with that.

Stop trying to elevate your play style into some holy honorable combat simulation.
Mon 19 Aug 2019 7:19 AM by Fk_
Most of the nice 8man are either done or banned~
Mon 19 Aug 2019 7:19 AM by Aph
So all these groups hit everything according to your POV. I guess it’s my statement vs yours. I see these groups respect fights all the time, but that is from my POV. I don’t play NA prime though, more like between eu and NA. Perhaps it gets messy when I go to bed

Then again, you say the people that knows each other respects the fights in between? Everyone knows each other about now so that is quite contradicting.
Mon 19 Aug 2019 10:35 AM by keen
Fk_ wrote:
Mon 19 Aug 2019 7:19 AM
Most of the nice 8man are either done or banned~
Some quit, new ones start. 8v8 is much better than it has ever been on phoenix thanks to the CF command.
Tue 20 Aug 2019 5:47 AM by Ferboten
There are groups that respect 8v8 fights still. Superpug won't add on 8v8 unless the groups involved have added/zerged us or are known for doing such. If those groups start respecting after, then we follow suit.

Solos/small mans get run over by every group. If it's someone we recognize as someone who doesn't add on fights we'll leave them alone but it's hard to keep track of everyone so if we don't recognize them the assumption is that they'll add on fights so we kill them, and 90% of the time that's true. Also small manning is a form of dodging.
Tue 20 Aug 2019 12:56 PM by chryso
Why would any solo not add on your fights when you always zerg them down? How about if YOU are the one who shows respect first?
Tue 20 Aug 2019 1:21 PM by relvinian
I can tell you as a solo visible, there is no respect for solos.

Let me translate some things from /lfg

"LFM 8 man" Let's go gank solos and xpers."

"LFM small man" "Let's go gank solos and xpers"

"LFM stealth group" "Let's go gank solos and xpers"

then a few more translations.

"Why do you add my 1 v 1" "I add and gank xpers and casters on my stealther but i want you to not add my fight on ur caster"

Understand some of those complaining about adding have unfair advantages like the ridiculous small window casters have to survive a pa chain and that if they do survive the assassin can vanish. Understand the sos ability by skalds and minstrels on top of their other advantages.

Basically red is dead and if you do not like it pucker up and form that line in the back on my posterior.
Tue 20 Aug 2019 1:30 PM by ExcretusMaximus
Ferboten wrote:
Tue 20 Aug 2019 5:47 AM
There are groups that respect 8v8 fights still. Superpug won't add on 8v8 unless the groups involved have added/zerged us or are known for doing such.

Bullshit.

We tried respecting your fights for weeks on our Mids, we gave up after you added on us a dozen times in a week with us running past every one of your fights.
Tue 20 Aug 2019 2:15 PM by CronU
i guess we all can agree.. what some people understand under '8v8' ... every single guild.. or 8man grp already killed a solo or smallmen in the past and every single one of them already added another fight. NOONE can blame someone else to do so, since everyone already did it themselfes in the past.
The point is, if there are enough groups out that respect 8v8.. there are more cleanfights.
I'm actually pretty happy about the eu primetime cleanfights within the last couple of weeks, since there are more fights that count into cleanfight, then there are that do not.
Tue 20 Aug 2019 9:17 PM by Siouxsie
8v8? Clean fights? On Phoenix?
LOL!!!!!!!!!

Tue 20 Aug 2019 9:36 PM by keen
Siouxsie wrote:
Tue 20 Aug 2019 9:17 PM
8v8? Clean fights? On Phoenix?
LOL!!!!!!!!!

have you been logged in recently?
today there were 3grps each realm i d say and tons of clean fights and thats tuesday action.
Fri 23 Aug 2019 9:11 PM by aendam
NA action is pretty rough.
Fri 23 Aug 2019 10:08 PM by Pops999
If you are just going to duel, why aren't you picking one spot the solo guys? Hugging and bowing.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Tavern or the latest topics