I cannot use Siegecraft Rams

Started 12 Jul 2019
by kittywake
in Tavern
When I go to buy rams it says you cannot use this item. If I buy one it shows no life in the rams . How can i fix this .? I have 3 in siegecraft .
Fri 12 Jul 2019 3:08 PM by romulus
Hi kittywake!
There are two types of rams: crafted rams and ready-made rams. There are no siegecraft skill requirements to create or use either kind of siege rams.

The ready-made ones appear as grey on the siege vendors and will give you a warning when you buy one that you do not appear to be able to use them. You can safely ignore this warning. To use a pre-made ram, drag it onto your quickbar and then click the quickbar button. You must be in an eligible location in front of an enemy keep or tower door in order to place one. After a few moments, the ram will appear and you can then right click on it to take control of it and start attacking the door.

Crafted rams require that you have the necessary components in your inventory. Find the 2nd siege-ram recipe in the siegecraft skill line and drag it to your quickbar and click the quickbar button. You must be in front of an eligible keep or tower door to place one. You do not have to have any skill in siegecraft to craft a crafted siege ram. One caution, there are two recipes for siege rams in the siege list. Use the second recipe. The first recipe does not work and creates an inventory item called a 'miniature siege ram' that is useless and can only be sold back the vendor.

When you are done with your ram, you can dispose of it by salvaging it. Ready-made rams when salvaged give you no resources back. Crafted rams will return all the wood that was used to construct them (300 ironwood, as a single stack). This can be useful to help offset the cost of buying rams or provide you will some extra wood for door repairs.

Good luck and happy ramming!
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Tavern or the latest topics