Any shift in attitude by staff or they still catering to plebs?

Started 10 Jul 2019
by Raunz
in Tavern
Hello it's Raunz,

Can we make Phoenix great again and have devs focus on things to make it more enjoyable for the 8vs8 community yet or we still confused?

Raunz sends his regards!
Wed 10 Jul 2019 6:53 AM by Sepplord
yay, it's the raunz-event again
we gonna get entertaining posts for a few days and then he will magically dissappear

everyone buckle up, relax and enjoy the ride
Wed 10 Jul 2019 9:08 AM by keen
I'm on the ride!
Cu in 3 weeks for a new post
Wed 10 Jul 2019 9:26 AM by Druth
Raunz wrote:
Wed 10 Jul 2019 6:34 AM
Hello it's Raunz,

Can we make Phoenix great again and have devs focus on things to make it more enjoyable for the 8vs8 community yet or we still confused?

Raunz sends his regards!

There's a hib 5-8 man group rolling people constantly.
So just make an alb/mid 8man group, and you'll get perma action, but might be a mouthful to compete with.
Wed 10 Jul 2019 12:14 PM by gnefner
Nah, we still "love" banging on wooden doors with 100+ people..
Wed 10 Jul 2019 12:48 PM by ExcretusMaximus
Druth wrote:
Wed 10 Jul 2019 9:26 AM
So just make an alb/mid 8man group, and you'll get perma action, but might be a mouthful to compete with.

He doesn't want action, he wants PUGs concentrated in a particular area so he can farm them.
Wed 10 Jul 2019 3:35 PM by Kaseylol
Nope, still just large BGs half-afk roaming keeps for keeptake rp
Wed 10 Jul 2019 3:52 PM by Stoertebecker
ExcretusMaximus wrote:
Wed 10 Jul 2019 12:48 PM
Druth wrote:

He doesn't want action, he wants PUGs concentrated in a particular area so he can farm them.

Well , he could try to solo and i gank him around a bit
Wed 10 Jul 2019 3:55 PM by bettercasey
This game is how old now and people STILL think 8v8 was the intended design of RvR when you can’t even take a keep with 8.
Basically you want DAOC without DAOC... go play uthgard/live.
Wed 10 Jul 2019 5:41 PM by Pops999
Raunz wrote:
Hello it's Raunz,

Raunz sends his regards!

How's your protest going?
Wed 10 Jul 2019 6:31 PM by LedriTheThane
8 man's have been catered to a lot. So yes, catering to the plebs.
Wed 10 Jul 2019 8:33 PM by Moid
ExcretusMaximus wrote:
Wed 10 Jul 2019 12:48 PM
Druth wrote:

PUGs may be too much of a challenge, he’s probably looking for an endless stream of semi-AFK low RR solo’ers to farm instead.
Wed 10 Jul 2019 11:15 PM by Cadebrennus
LedriTheThane wrote:
Wed 10 Jul 2019 6:31 PM

Too much catering led to the dumpster fire that is Live.
Edit: I can't call Live a dumpster fire because even a dumpster fire is somewhat interesting.
Fri 12 Jul 2019 6:48 AM by Raunz
We are being treated like scum of the earth, feels bad.
Fri 12 Jul 2019 9:34 AM by dstrmberg
Raunz wrote:
8vs8 community

Is there a 8v8 community on this server?
Fri 12 Jul 2019 9:56 AM by Stoertebecker
Raunz wrote:
Fri 12 Jul 2019 6:48 AM

There may be a reason (or more)......
Fri 12 Jul 2019 12:32 PM by Moid
Cadebrennus wrote:
Wed 10 Jul 2019 11:15 PM
LedriTheThane wrote:
Wed 10 Jul 2019 6:31 PM

Too much catering led to the dumpster fire that is Live.
Edit: I can't call Live a dumpster fire because even a dumpster fire is somewhat interesting.
You really shouldn’t insult dumpster fires by comparing them to live though, that’s rude.
Sat 13 Jul 2019 1:42 PM by Chaskha
The issue is the way you express yourself.
You expect to be heard when you start to insult someone (may you be right or not) ?

Ever heard about putting yourself in someone else's shoes? The DEVs are coding a lot to improve (yes you may think it is not improvements but do you really think they go with the thought "Oh let's make something shitty today to try to turn the server into a wasteland" ??? Of course not !), their goal is to make things better and retain population as well as providing a fun experience to the majority.

Sure, there are some decisions I dislike too and sometimes you got to breath a little instead of posting or well, try to figure out what was their intentions ?

But go on calling the vast majority of players, plebs... I'm sure it works well as a strategy to get what you want.
Sat 13 Jul 2019 1:56 PM by Enyore
Raunz wrote:
Fri 12 Jul 2019 6:48 AM

Mom can kiss it better.
Sat 13 Jul 2019 3:01 PM by Moid
I personally appreciate the original posters honesty. The vast majority of people posting on this forum are liars who’d never dare reveal their true motives.

Ironically the original poster is also the type of player which will help insure the continued population decline on Phoenix. I still don’t understand the mindset in spite of being exposed to it since 2001 when DAoC originally released. The game design provides for infinite opportunity for 8v8 or and manner of XvX. The more people playing, the higher the frequency the chance XvX’ers would have to engage other XvX’ers. But the XvX’ers come crying to the forums with requests which drive away the non-XvX’ers and I do believe that’s intentional as I don’t think the XvX crowd is just so stupid that they don’t understand what they are doing.
Sat 13 Jul 2019 7:41 PM by Hector
Raunz wrote:
Hello it's Raunz,

Raunz sends his regards!

Raunz what changes do you want to see? Instead of talking down to people still playing and helping the server, maybe articulate like an adult and say exactly what you want to see.
8v8 scene has been pretty good. EV is popping most nights. Your boy Yeeha still raking RPs in.
I think you're overreacting a little
Sun 14 Jul 2019 1:07 AM by gotwqqd
Forum bans are needed
Sun 14 Jul 2019 8:29 AM by Chaskha
gotwqqd wrote:
Sun 14 Jul 2019 1:07 AM
Forum bans are needed

Oh yeah because nothing like tape mouthing anyone saying something you dislike ...

The OP just need to relax and lay down his vision, point by point with argument. The fact that he is acting like a kid or being too lazy to gather his mind before opening his mouth doesn't mean we need to ban him.

You ban for violations not for opinions - the only call this post may or may not require is a warning for deletion if it is not written more respectfully and with some ground to lay a valid concern.
Just like your post would require ...
Sun 14 Jul 2019 10:59 AM by Raunz
Hector wrote:
Sat 13 Jul 2019 7:41 PM
Raunz wrote:
Hello it's Raunz,

Raunz sends his regards!

Raunz what changes do you want to see? Instead of talking down to people still playing and helping the server, maybe articulate like an adult and say exactly what you want to see.
8v8 scene has been pretty good. EV is popping most nights. Your boy Yeeha still raking RPs in.
I think you're overreacting a little

I would like to have veto power on every decision, only plebs care about rps and Yeeha who for whatever reason thinks he is a Savage main when clearly he is a Warden main.
Sun 14 Jul 2019 11:07 AM by Raunz
Chaskha wrote:
Sat 13 Jul 2019 1:42 PM
You expect to be heard when you start to insult someone (may you be right or not) ?

Ever heard about putting yourself in someone else's shoes? The DEVs are coding a lot to improve (yes you may think it is not improvements but do you really think they go with the thought "Oh let's make something shitty today to try to turn the server into a wasteland" ??? Of course not !), their goal is to make things better and retain population as well as providing a fun experience to the majority.

Sure, there are some decisions I dislike too and sometimes you got to breath a little instead of posting or well, try to figure out what was their intentions ?

But go on calling the vast majority of players, plebs... I'm sure it works well as a strategy to get what you want.

Here is the problem tho when you try to be cool you just get censored as staff actually believes they understand this game better then me and other people in the 8vs8 community. This is what happens when you have people that are running the server playing the game like live servers turned out.
Sun 14 Jul 2019 11:57 AM by florin
Or maybe you’re just annoying and the server is better without you, jonl, and amoz?
Sun 14 Jul 2019 12:22 PM by Hector
Could always go back to playing Uthgard.
You'd have an unlimited arena to fight in since nobody plays it anymore.
Sounds like 8v8 heaven
Sun 14 Jul 2019 3:52 PM by Moid
Hector wrote:
Sun 14 Jul 2019 12:22 PM
Sounds like 8v8 heaven

That’s EXACTLY what they want until they realize how bad it is. Funny how they don’t see how their own stupid requests will destroy the game.
Fri 19 Jul 2019 7:02 AM by Raunz
Moid wrote:
Sun 14 Jul 2019 3:52 PM
Hector wrote:
Sounds like 8v8 heaven

That’s EXACTLY what they want until they realize how bad it is. Funny how they don’t see how their own stupid requests will destroy the game.

You have no idea what the hell you are talking about and that's part of the problem we having discussion with people who don't understand the game at all.

8vs8 is not some type of arena game play,

What makes 8vs8 great is the aspect of roaming, getting a good inc, getting jumped and turning the fight, fighting another group with everything down, basically the unpredictability and randomness is what makes it great.

Just look at the old days of daoc, plebs were sacred as fk to run out of DL as you had to thru multiple 8 mans trying to gank you on the way to emain and most never made it unless patch was cleared for them.

Also by far the best 8vs8 that ever was in DAOC was during the Agramon days where the top groups just battled it to the bitter end and none added, if you did you got listed as a pleb and were KOS, you got harassed to the point of you never leaving the bridge.

That is how it should be again, there needs to be honor in war.

Best regards!
Raunz
Fri 19 Jul 2019 7:06 AM by Sepplord
the hypocrisy in those lines is great

i couldn't do it that well if i tried to, yet you don't even realise it

Best regards!
Pleb
Fri 19 Jul 2019 7:09 AM by Lollie
Raunz wrote:
Fri 19 Jul 2019 7:02 AM
Moid wrote:
Hector wrote:
Sounds like 8v8 heaven

You have no idea what the hell you are talking about and that's part of the problem we having discussion with people who don't understand the game at all.

What makes 8vs8 great is the aspect of roaming, getting a good inc, getting jumped and turning the fight, fighting another group with everything down, basically the unpredictability and randomness is what makes it great.

Just look at the old days of daoc, plebs were sacred as fk to run out of DL as you had to thru multiple 8 mans trying to gank you on the way to emain and most never made it unless patch was cleared for them.

Also by far the best 8vs8 that ever was in DAOC was during the Agramon days where the top groups just battled it to the bitter end and none added, if you did you got listed as a pleb and were KOS, you got harassed to the point of you never leaving the bridge.

Best regards!
Raunz

If this doesn't sum up the 8v8 elitism then I don't know what will
Fri 19 Jul 2019 7:12 AM by Ceen
Lollie wrote:
Fri 19 Jul 2019 7:09 AM
Raunz wrote:
Moid wrote:

Best regards!
Raunz

If this doesn't sum up the 8v8 elitism then I don't know what will
Dont worry his experience is from watching youtube movies not from actually playing.
Fri 19 Jul 2019 7:33 AM by Sepplord
Ceen wrote:
Fri 19 Jul 2019 7:12 AM
Dont worry his experience is from watching youtube movies not from actually playing.

To be fair, from all i have seen ingame he is a pretty good player...he is also a douche and has some mindset problems about who this server belongs to, and i call him out on the bullshit basically everytime he opens his mouth.... but he is not an unskilled player
Fri 19 Jul 2019 11:27 AM by QeoSereai
Let me check this...

I want to go for EV, let it be for farming purpose or for the craftsman quest, or even to smallmen a bit cause my guildies are not all on yet...

No Chance cause I am a Pleb, which might for example

- Ran one time with a non-setup group to join the 8 vs 8 Fun and didn´t do the elitist job
- Might have been in a Zerg some time cause I tried to open DF for my Realm, and realized this takes hours in a 8 Man group
- Might even been in a Zerg cause I just wanted to play some RvR and did not get a Setgroup in my limited time (ok I have plenty of time and I still do if i want to ^^)
- Rolled a solo or smallmen group with a FG cause I just didn´t want them to add me on the next Approach of a FG+
- I just killed a solo for Fun cause I can and Red is Dead

Mmm, sounds I haven´t understood the game as it is intendet to be.. And Life... And the Universe.. And all the Rest..

I might aswell quit cause I like more than 1 Playstyle and therefor shouldn´t enter RvR Areas at all...

Just my 2 cents (maybe 3 if i am spendable or even 8 so you allmighty DAoC heros can vs them)
Fri 19 Jul 2019 1:11 PM by Azrael
Raunz wrote:
Moid wrote:
Hector wrote:
Sounds like 8v8 heaven

Best regards!
Raunz

lol
are you some kind of comedian in rl? xD
Fri 19 Jul 2019 2:13 PM by woody
Raunz wrote:
Moid wrote:
Hector wrote:
Sounds like 8v8 heaven

Best regards!
Raunz

fuckin gold
Sat 20 Jul 2019 11:14 AM by Milksteak
Raunz wrote:
Sun 14 Jul 2019 11:07 AM
Chaskha wrote:

Here is the problem tho when you try to be cool you just get censored as staff actually believes they understand this game better then me and other people in the 8vs8 community. This is what happens when you have people that are running the server playing the game like live servers turned out.

And there's always a minority of players who think they could do a better job than the devs/gms and it's just plain laughable. Any game that is.
Mon 22 Jul 2019 1:38 PM by bm01
Raunz wrote:
Wait, what? That's exactly the reason why we used to get mad at other groups adding. Also you may not be aware but back in the days, most decent groups communicated to some extend with one another to avoid areas or setup "meetings", like "today let's roam in OG".
The perfect definition of arena fights.
Mon 22 Jul 2019 7:57 PM by Raunz
Milksteak wrote:
Sat 20 Jul 2019 11:14 AM
Raunz wrote:
Sun 14 Jul 2019 11:07 AM
Chaskha wrote:

And there's always a minority of players who think they could do a better job than the devs/gms and it's just plain laughable. Any game that is.

Here is the difference, I'm always right as. I r daoc!
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Tavern or the latest topics