How long would it take to solo to 50?

Started 6 Jul 2019
by callahan9119
in Tavern
I played this back when it first came out in the early 2000's. I haven't played in about 12 years. I initially just downloaded this to go to old places I remember like the Salisbury Plains etc for nostalgia. I was thinking about maybe sticking around if it's not super grindy like it used to be. How many hours would it take to level, say, a nightshade to 50?
Sat 6 Jul 2019 6:39 PM by shintacki
30-40 hours is probably a reasonable time strictly solo as a NS. If you turn in xp items every level and kill different mob types for task bonuses you shouldnt have a problem getting to 50 within that range. Since youre new and have to get back into the swing of things maybe expect the 36-40 hour range but compared to how the grind used to be that is nothing.
Sat 6 Jul 2019 6:42 PM by callahan9119
shintacki wrote:
Sat 6 Jul 2019 6:39 PM
30-40 hours is probably a reasonable time strictly solo as a NS. If you turn in xp items every level and kill different mob times for task bonuses you shouldnt have a problem getting to 50 within that range. Since youre new and have to get back into the swing of things maybe expect the 36-40 hour range but compared to how the grind used to be that is nothing.

What are experience items and tasks?
I had stuff dropping that vendors didn't want. I never heard of tasks before.
I also had something called like a bind stone or something that I spawned with.
Sat 6 Jul 2019 6:50 PM by shintacki
XP items are drops from specific mobs that you turn in to NPC's and they give you a lot of bonus XP. There is a wiki link at the top of the phoenix home page that contains all the information about the items for each level range (where to farm them, where to turn them in, and what levels they are useable for). They are called called collection quests under the quests tab once youre on the wiki. You can only turn in 10 of each item and you can only turn in 10 items total per level. Kill tasks are passive tasks you always have, type /task personal to view them. Each time you kill the first 15 mobs of a particular type (humanoid, magic, elemental, undead, etc.) you will get an xp bonus, after 15 the number of kills required increases. From 1-10 you probably dont need to care too much about these things since levels come quickly then but eventually youll want to farm xp items because turning in 10 of them basically gets you a full level until around level 37 or something.

The personal bind stone is a usuable item that will teleport you from where ever you are back to where ever you are bound to. So if youre way out in the middle of no where farming mobs and you dont feel like running back you can just use that item.
Sat 6 Jul 2019 6:58 PM by shintacki
A couple helpful tips: at level 5 you are given a realm skill point, use it. If you have decided to go with a nightshade I recommend getting tireless because it will allow you to regen end in combat which is nice for leveling.

You can train anywhere at any time which was not the case back in the day, simply type /train and allocate your points, click the realm abilities tab to spend your realm skill point.

Phoenix eggs are items you get for killing mobs when you are solo, they can be turned in to any trainer you come across and will give you xp for turning them in. Turn them in early and often because the higher level you get the lower the return seems to be so they are most useful early on.

Most of this info can be found on the wiki page, including a bunch of other useful in game commands and custom changes and whatever.
Sun 7 Jul 2019 5:36 PM by Estat
Solo is so easy that no one really levels in groups anymore. Should be about 20 hours or less to 50 all solo.
Mon 8 Jul 2019 6:08 AM by Sepplord
Estat wrote:
Sun 7 Jul 2019 5:36 PM
Solo is so easy that no one really levels in groups anymore. Should be about 20 hours or less to 50 all solo.

not for a new player that is coming back and doesn't know his ways around phoenix, but it still is really fast and easy
Mon 8 Jul 2019 6:38 AM by Joc
If you know the task/turn in system and use them its not bad. Did my NS and Champ 100% solo in 28 and 30 hours each.

If you dont it can still be grindy, but its way better than the old classic xp rates.
Mon 8 Jul 2019 8:39 AM by Nunki
Welcome back!

I will list up the points of the commenters above and add some hints. You will find most of these infos described at the Phoenix wiki, read them :

- Phoenix Eggs, which drop while you lvl solo, can be turned in at your trainer (or master trainer) for extra XP.

- Xp Items drop at certain mobs and can be turned in at the related NPC (right click the xp item for Infos) for extra XP.
Roughly ranging from about 7bubs at low lvl to 4 bubbs at lvl 49.
You can only turn in 10 items per lvl, 10 items of the same type per character and if you turn in the items and lvl up during the process some items of the stack count for the next lvl. So only use them one by one if you are close to a level up in order to track your turn in limit for that level.
You should ALWAYS try to level at spots where xp items drop until you have 10 of them. You can also buy them at the housing zone, better ask your guild for spare xp items.

- Kill Tasks provide you bonus XP for killing a certain amount of mobs of the same type / in RvR zone / other criteria. You can see your progress at /task .

- Mob Type Bonuses are provided for mob types that get rarely killed. In some cases up to 300+% xp. One of the /task commands will show you which types give you an XP bonus.

- RvR Tasks, available at lvl35+ also give you a certain amount of XP (RPs too). In some cases all you need to do is die in a RvR zone in order to cash up to 3/4 bub every 45 minutes. Even more if you additionaly participate in the Keep Raid Tasks. Some people solely level while running with the Zerg after lvl 40+.
I recommend to do a RvR run everytime you leave your level spot anyway (ideally every 45 minutes) for those sweet extra XPs and RPs.

Alltogether leveling is damn "easy" and rewarding compared to Uthgard or classic live servers, but there is one thing I need to remark!
DO NOT create a stealther as your first character. Leveling is not that kind of a problem but farming the ressources for a proper SC/Armor IS!
In order to get suited for RvR you will need to farm a certain amount of platin / ROG's (randomly generated items) and phoenix feathers (custom currency used to buy items usually dropped by epic mobs). The amount of those ressources needed to create a template for a caster is easily farmed in a short period of time.
Those needed for a proper stealther template can be a chore (if your only farming character is a Stealther).
With the proper support of a friendly guild this may not be the case, but that is nothing I would entirely rely on.

Therefore I recommend to create a caster class suitable for farming first.
Check out the related Realm Sub-Forum for some suggestions but usually considered the best cloth wearing solo farming classes are: Animist, Necromancer or Animist.

Have fun and enjoy the nostalgic moments combined with great qol changes.
Mon 8 Jul 2019 1:53 PM by PingGuy
In general, melees will be slower, casters will be faster. You aren't going to get a melee to 50 in less than 24 hours played unless you do everything perfectly. You'd have to be using potions, know every mob type location for every level range and skip out on making vendor runs when you weren't in transit already.

With that said, leveling is not slow on this server at all. 30-40 hours is a pretty reasonable estimate, even for those who aren't immediately familiar with the zones or mobs in them. The advice already given in this thread is all you need to get going. The only other thing you should know is that leveling slows down substantially at 40+, due to lower returns on turn-in items and task rewards. It's still better than it was way back when though.
Thu 11 Jul 2019 9:57 AM by Losrenatus
Hey there, I leveled a champion last weekend to 50. Total Playtime 15h 46min. But would like to note, that i prepared myself before like:

Go into Hib Forum and Print the maps of the regions
Print the list of XP-Item Mobs (each hand in of this item give about 9bubb until lvl 40, then it will be 5bubb)

Make a play for yourself!

If you have to grind mobs only kill mobs with high level bonus or giving you xp items for the next level, best is to combine.

Dont waste your time trying leveling in FZ a long time, you will get farmed by albs a lot, which makes leveling slower.

until lvl 35 rum to FZ getting killed by any player, one time, which gives you rvr bonus task (xp). I used this everytime i had to change the spot.

Use potoins form lvl 10 on, if you have the money for them.

Most important! ---------> Have fun and enjoy
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Tavern or the latest topics