Goodbye from Ave

Started 3 Jul 2019
by pax
in Tavern
RIP Ave 9L5 - 14\01\2019 - 03\07\2019

I want to thanks all the guys i met during this road and specialy who helped me a lot, like UTAZ that tempted me for free at rr7l2 because he couldn't see a noob like me not tempted. Messer stj agosto egowiz saturday and everyone that teached me something about this old but good game.

In the end i feel like is a game impossible to polish or balance and for sure staff didn't much to adjust pet damage for the only class i played, minstrel.

SEE YOU AROUND IN OTHER GAMES!
Wed 3 Jul 2019 12:19 PM by chryso
Your class is so weak that you only made it to 9L5? The horror.
Wed 3 Jul 2019 12:23 PM by florin
The game went down hill when they wouldn’t let my RR1 charm a level 63 named.
Wed 3 Jul 2019 12:43 PM by Kwall0311
From all the defenseless Xpers in Uppland, We thank you for your service. Your decision will save many lives. Good luck out there!
Wed 3 Jul 2019 12:47 PM by florin
chryso wrote:
Wed 3 Jul 2019 12:19 PM
Your class is so weak that you only made it to 9L5? The horror.

To think if she knew what she was doing and ran a couple questionable scripts like pbuk/dec she could have made rank 11
Wed 3 Jul 2019 12:49 PM by sabyrtuth
I know what you mean, it's sad. Maybe I'll come back when nightshade can compete. Celt race, a longer evade stun in blades and their magic buffed would be a good start.
Wed 3 Jul 2019 2:11 PM by Roto23
Can I have your stuff?
Wed 3 Jul 2019 3:39 PM by phixion
sabyrtuth wrote:
Wed 3 Jul 2019 12:49 PM
I know what you mean, it's sad. Maybe I'll come back when nightshade can compete. Celt race, a longer evade stun in blades and their magic buffed would be a good start.

Wait, NS were weak? I always thought they were the best assassin, lol.
Wed 3 Jul 2019 4:09 PM by chryso
There are no weak classes, only weak players.
Wed 3 Jul 2019 5:31 PM by gotwqqd
So...
I’m gonna quit unless I can play an absurdly overpower class with little chance to die
Wed 3 Jul 2019 7:21 PM by LedriTheThane
phixion wrote:
Wed 3 Jul 2019 3:39 PM
sabyrtuth wrote:
Wed 3 Jul 2019 12:49 PM

Wait, NS were weak? I always thought they were the best assassin, lol.

Nightshades can't compete... lmao. They're the best assassins in the game.
Wed 3 Jul 2019 7:22 PM by LedriTheThane
Minstrels don't need buffs. Pet classes can easily win fights.

But I do agree, the game is really hard to balance out properly because there will always be that weak class. In my opinion, using the TOA realm abilities while not having artifacts and master levels really fucks up a lot of meta and skill level required to compete. It feels like as long as you have RA's up, that's how you're going to win fights. Sort of sucks that Mythic really gimped some classes hard in the beginning.
Wed 3 Jul 2019 8:53 PM by Druth
A minstrel is a class that brings immense utility to a group (speed, demez, pet, interrupts, hard to CC, and CC), it solos to well despite having this utility.

People leaving is always sad, but OP clearly did not have the skills to utilize one of the strongest classes in the game.
Should have picked an easier class.
Wed 3 Jul 2019 8:59 PM by relvinian
Ave i remember when u first started playing minstrel and were trying to learn the class.

Seems you accomplished your goals.

Good game!
Wed 3 Jul 2019 9:12 PM by thirian24
Ah damn! Who's gonna add on all my fights now??
Thu 4 Jul 2019 4:07 AM by Killaloth
Bye Ave, hope you change your mind!

Is this the class that needs a fix?

https://youtu.be/lUGo7y-jFUA

Minis are an OP class if played well, what exactly is the pet issue you're talking about? I'm just curious as I wasn't expecting this from a rr9, you've got enough RAs to kill any class and to me the only fix that minis pets need is a nerf, but I'm open to other opinions

Hope it's just a break, see you in frontiers!
Sat 6 Jul 2019 12:34 PM by Xahr
LedriTheThane wrote:
Wed 3 Jul 2019 7:22 PM
Minstrels don't need buffs. Pet classes can easily win fights.

But I do agree, the game is really hard to balance out properly because there will always be that weak class. In my opinion, using the TOA realm abilities while not having artifacts and master levels really fucks up a lot of meta and skill level required to compete. It feels like as long as you have RA's up, that's how you're going to win fights. Sort of sucks that Mythic really gimped some classes hard in the beginning.

so freaking true. nf abilities and nf map without toa stuff is just a nonsense. Im glad someone else noticed that.

Im waiting for a rollback (old map, old ras) or an evolve (some toa stuff release) otherwise i'll just quit aswell.
Sat 6 Jul 2019 11:37 PM by Enyore
pax wrote:
Wed 3 Jul 2019 12:14 PM
RIP Ave 9L5 - 14\01\2019 - 03\07\2019

I want to thanks all the guys i met during this road and specialy who helped me a lot, like UTAZ that tempted me for free at rr7l2 because he couldn't see a noob like me not tempted. Messer stj agosto egowiz saturday and everyone that teached me something about this old but good game.

In the end i feel like is a game impossible to polish or balance and for sure staff didn't much to adjust pet damage for the only class i played, minstrel.

SEE YOU AROUND IN OTHER GAMES!

Had to make a scene did you? ... why not just leave and save us this crap.
Sun 7 Jul 2019 1:05 AM by teiloh
Killaloth wrote:
Thu 4 Jul 2019 4:07 AM

Minis are an OP class if played well, what exactly is the pet issue you're talking about? I'm just curious as I wasn't expecting this from a rr9, you've got enough RAs to kill any class and to me the only fix that minis pets need is a nerf, but I'm open to other opinions

Literally any pet class can do this (solo kite) better in an actual fight.

Here's a list of the 20+ times Minstrel charm has been nerfed:

https://forum.playphoenix.online/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=9477&p=69531#p69531
Sun 7 Jul 2019 8:30 AM by lurker
Shame to see you go. We grouped on numerous occasions. You played well and were laugh in discord! Hope to see ya around in the future.
Sun 7 Jul 2019 8:45 AM by Killaloth
teiloh wrote:
Sun 7 Jul 2019 1:05 AM
Killaloth wrote:

That's because we have the luck to be playing on a server where GMs are doing their best to balance out things and listen to the community.

As per video, a skilled mini can beat any class in the game.

Re pet nerfs, I've seen minis charming purple finliaths but never mentalists, have you?

If we talk about "actual" fights with the usual stealthers adds a solo mini is much better than any other pet class because he can SOS away and IP.

That's why we don't see many pet classes (casters) soloing around, they explode to stealthzerg.

But we do see minis that reached high RRs despite playing their class with average skill.

A class has been rebalanced from "god mode" to "still can beat anyone 1vs1". It's all good brother.
Sun 7 Jul 2019 3:45 PM by teiloh
Killaloth wrote:
Sun 7 Jul 2019 8:45 AM
teiloh wrote:
Sun 7 Jul 2019 1:05 AM
Killaloth wrote:

That's because we have the luck to be playing on a server where GMs are doing their best to balance out things and listen to the community.

Re pet nerfs, I've seen minis charming purple finliaths but never mentalists, have you?

If we talk about "actual" fights with the usual stealthers adds a solo mini is much better than any other pet class because

A class has been rebalanced from "god mode" to "still can beat anyone 1vs1". It's all good brother.

Lol okay. The BD in the vid was beyond terrible and his pets lagged, didn't watch if he fought any other pet classes. The only reason why a minstrel is popular solo is because of stealth and speed. There are more skalds with higher rank and even without a rp bonus, so what does that mean?

What a dumb argument. Every alb group needs a minstrel, so of course there will be high rank ones.
Sun 7 Jul 2019 4:28 PM by Killaloth
Dude, ok, weak argument, there are other skalds with high rank, speed helps with RPs. But no one says skalds are OP, that's sure - you managed to pick the only part of what I wrote and ignored the rest.

Mini are not popular only for stealth and speed, they are also popular for SOS and IP on top of that. What a lovely flexible toon.

You say that in an "actual" fight other pet classes are better than a mini.

If by actual fight you mean a fight in an arena with no adds you might be righ, depending on the opponent.

If actual fight is one with adds (usually from other stealthers) then mini is king. And in an actual fight a mini can actually charm pets just a little bit better than a orange grogan shown in the video.

So after 20 adjustments we moved from "god mode" to "OP-can-beat-all". Good, perhaps still not good enough?
Mon 8 Jul 2019 9:08 AM by Druth
There are 2 ways to view many nerfs to your class:
1) We are being treated unfairly
2) We are in blind love of an OP class

The nerfs to minstrel, from early Beta, has been protested against by minstrels.
Is why I really don't trust people playing a class to determine if it's OP.
Mon 8 Jul 2019 5:28 PM by soiehib1337
People still crying while pet break on minstrel should make the pet chase them when the stealth.
Also sta regen pot making it possible to have a pet + speed which was never the case due to sta tick used while twisting.

Please make it classic and nerf again. Minstrel still OP.

Goodbye Ave, you're one of the few minstrels I killed with my 6L eld. I do agree you should quit the minstrel way and play something like necro.
Mon 8 Jul 2019 5:48 PM by Pbuck
Killaloth wrote:
Sun 7 Jul 2019 8:45 AM

Actually , a good dwarf skald of equal RR, will beat a mincer as mincer does really crappy damage with all damage types ( pet+ melee+ dds).
Fortunately, good solo skalds weren't really a thing ( with a few exceptions) due to insta amnesia.
But other than that , I agree. The real challenges are more often than not 1vs2 or 1vs3 ( or 1vs1 + adds for that matter )
Mon 8 Jul 2019 5:51 PM by lurker
soiehib1337 wrote:
Mon 8 Jul 2019 5:28 PM
People still crying while pet break on minstrel should make the pet chase them when the stealth.
Also sta regen pot making it possible to have a pet + speed which was never the case due to sta tick used while twisting.

Please make it classic and nerf again. Minstrel still OP.

Goodbye Ave, you're one of the few minstrels I killed with my 6L eld. I do agree you should quit the minstrel way and play something like necro.

Was always possible... pot endu regen 4 + LW 2 or 3. Easily enough to twist and sprint. Charm never took endu so was spamable so you only lost t endu every 10 seconds from twist.
Mon 8 Jul 2019 8:29 PM by soiehib1337
lurker wrote:
Mon 8 Jul 2019 5:51 PM
Was always possible... pot endu regen 4 + LW 2 or 3. Easily enough to twist and sprint. Charm never took endu so was spamable so you only lost t endu every 10 seconds from twist.

This is when "always" makes no sense. You remember there was no pots at all at first ? Your always does not stand.
Then pots were 1 shot every 3 mins for 1 min. And took 1 space of inventory. So you technically could not. Beause of the timer, because of inventory space.

So no. Not always. And it was a good time when you coudn't because minstrel is too powerful with a lvl 60 pet all the time, especially with people using scripts.
Mon 8 Jul 2019 9:56 PM by lurker
soiehib1337 wrote:
Mon 8 Jul 2019 8:29 PM
lurker wrote:
Mon 8 Jul 2019 5:51 PM

This is when "always" makes no sense. You remember there was no pots at all at first ? Your always does not stand.
Then pots were 1 shot every 3 mins for 1 min. And took 1 space of inventory. So you technically could not. Beause of the timer, because of inventory space.

So no. Not always. And it was a good time when you coudn't because minstrel is too powerful with a lvl 60 pet all the time, especially with people using scripts.

Invig was 2 min and 3 sec reuse, from alch at 1.53. Certainly from 1.65 on-wards (the basis of this server).So yeah, always, since alchemy. I'm sure u are not suggesting we go back to pre-alchemy days. Inventory space isn't really an issue.
Tue 9 Jul 2019 8:09 PM by soiehib1337
So yeah not always, since as I wrote, we didn't have any pots at first.
Indeed you are right, 2 mins duration but if inventory space is not an issue then let's propose we get back to 1 slot = 1 shot and see how everyone loves it
Let's see how everyone feel to burn through 8x5 pots every night and how people like managing hundreds of sta pots and recharge twice an evening.

There is a reason no one did this.
Wed 10 Jul 2019 1:44 PM by gnefner
soiehib1337 wrote:
Tue 9 Jul 2019 8:09 PM
So yeah not always, since as I wrote, we didn't have any pots at first.
Indeed you are right, 2 mins duration but if inventory space is not an issue then let's propose we get back to 1 slot = 1 shot and see how everyone loves it
Let's see how everyone feel to burn through 8x5 pots every night and how people like managing hundreds of sta pots and recharge twice an evening.

There is a reason no one did this.

Wtf is this sta pot thing? It's called Endurance!
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Tavern or the latest topics