Hello everyone!

Started 30 Jun 2019
by Hellscream
in Tavern
I have never played this game before. I am excited as I really love MMORPGs, especially old PvP ones. So, is there anything I should know about this game? Also, does it matter what server I choose, or are they different in any way?

Also, does anyone wanna recruit me to a guild ^_^
Sun 30 Jun 2019 10:18 AM by Druth
Better pick a realm first, then it's easier to find a guild
Sun 30 Jun 2019 2:45 PM by LedriTheThane
Hellscream wrote:
Sun 30 Jun 2019 12:35 AM
I have never played this game before. I am excited as I really love MMORPGs, especially old PvP ones. So, is there anything I should know about this game? Also, does it matter what server I choose, or are they different in any way?

Also, does anyone wanna recruit me to a guild ^_^

The only thing I recommend doing is NOT picking a stealther class first, so avoid Shadowblade, Hunter, Scout, Infiltrator, Ranger, and Nightshade. Reason being these are a totally different playstyle among "visi" (aka visible) classes and never group together for pvp. I'm assuming you come from WoW, where the Rogue gets involved with everyone still. Not like that here really.

Otherwise, pick a realm, experiment, and have a ton of fun! I'm sure min/maxing isn't really a goal right away either lol.
Sun 30 Jun 2019 2:51 PM by florin
Go alb if you want a challenge, mid or hib if you want to enjoy the game in easy mode.
Sun 30 Jun 2019 3:47 PM by thirian24
A few things, definitely start out on a visit toon, pick a normal common spec for that toon.

Farming toons are helpful for longevity, but not 100% necessary.

If you've never played DAoC before, pick a few toons and try them out. Play until level 20ish.. that's an easy lvl to achieve quickly. See which one best suites you.

Advice channel can be fairly toxic. Either turn advice chat off, or take everything with a grain of salt.

Each realm can be fun to play with its own unique classes and group make ups. But I would highly recommend staying away from Mid as they have the highest population and don't really need anymore. Lol

Come try Hib.

Cheers,
Hwat
Sun 30 Jun 2019 6:05 PM by Patron
Hi i started 2007 on Uthgard too.
Important are the commands in game.
/lfg /broad /advice are very important same as /bg join <name> and /bc for battlegroup chat.
I would suggest you a mainhealer class because the job is known and you can learn the classes in your realm. So Druid in Hib, Cleric in Alb or Healer in Mid.
There is alot to learn and you should lf guild in your native language.
Very good website is kalandaha daocpedia but some informations are not implemented here.
In case u need some help do /advice.
I wish you a wonderful time here and stay tuned.
Daoc has a hard learning curve but its worth in the end.
Mon 1 Jul 2019 11:44 AM by Nunki
First of all, Welcome to DAoC.

I recommend the following steps:

1. Choose a Realm
- Every realm is desireable in some way. Either choose regarding your liking or based on population (in which case Albion may be your choice).

2. Watch some Phoenix guides such as these:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4g-bxGv5OjQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJ5aUCs9v0E
There are many others.
Also keep this list in mind:
https://darkageofcamelot.com/content/slash-commands

3. Start with a noob friendly farming character
- Ask for recommendations (and read through the forum) after choosing your Realm.

4. Search for a Noob friendly guild
- Join their TS / Discord in order to ask things on the fly, too many things to learn.

5. Have fun.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Tavern or the latest topics