Re: Returning Player: XP item changes were an awful idea

amnvex wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 6:28 am
Sepplord wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 5:16 pm
stewbeedoo wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 2:43 pm

I farm XP items as my primary course of plat. Perhaps theoretically the code logic does not specify 1 drop every 2 minutes. But practically speaking it works out to exactly 2 minutes. I use a stopwatch if I am too lazy to salvage/sell rogs and just want the drops.
Does that mean you stop 2min time and kill a single mob, collect drop, and wait another 2min? Because if that works then no way can the system work as intended by clock. Should be easy to test but im too lazy.
Otherwise it is just your killspeed coinciding with a droprate of approximately one item per 2min. But then faster killspeed should result in more drops and slower killspeed in less
I've tested this system on bog frogs. Every 2 minutes that go by, I get a guaranteed drop the next mob after those 2 minutes, so I only really kill ~5-7 mobs every 10 minutes.

If it's not 2 minutes, I don't get a drop, but the moment it crosses over, I do. I don't know how or why, but that's how it works.
I can confirm this is how it works. When I am lazy I alt-tab out for two minutes, then return. Once 2 minutes have passed, you get an item.