Re: new repair cost system

Mhmm I dont see if gold-sink is really so much needed.
Templating to get ready for rvr seems still pretty easy here.
Recently moved over from alb to hib and it didnt look like buying stuff for my template (crafted armor/weapons and a few rogs) has gotten more expensive (for the rogs it even felt cheaper). Only the price for feathers was a little bit more expensive, but I think its because of less epic raids or instance runs maybe!? not sure if a gold sink would help there.
Imho if the costs for getting a basic template for starting rvring and maintaining rvring doesnt increase, there is no problem with some players having too much money.
On the other hand if the new gold-sink methods cause troubles keeping up rvring w/o pve its a bad thing for old and new players alike.

chewchew wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 9:47 am
Mhmm I dont see if gold-sink is really so much needed.
Templating to get ready for rvr seems still pretty easy here.
Recently moved over from alb to hib and it didnt look like buying stuff for my template (crafted armor/weapons and a few rogs) has gotten more expensive (for the rogs it even felt cheaper). Only the price for feathers was a little bit more expensive, but I think its because of less epic raids or instance runs maybe!? not sure if a gold sink would help there.
Imho if the costs for getting a basic template for starting rvring and maintaining rvring doesnt increase, there is no problem with some players having too much money.
On the other hand if the new gold-sink methods cause troubles keeping up rvring w/o pve its a bad thing for old and new players alike.

The feather thing on hib is a joke. They still one of the easiest realms to run DS. You can run it in under 25 with a solid group of experienced players.

This change kills all crafting except alchemy. Where people had to replace/SC armor at some point (weapons less since most people would run weaponless templates anyway and use ROG MPs for the LT proc) - and it even gave reason to mingle with other players - they now go bulk repair the only set of gear they´ll ever wear in a game thats unlikely to attract new players and saturated with fully templated alts already. Where other games add stuff to keep their players busy, Phoenix strips the game down to a skeleton. Weird concept.

Tyrlaan wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2019 11:31 pm
This change kills all crafting except alchemy. Where people had to replace/SC armor at some point (weapons less since most people would run weaponless templates anyway and use ROG MPs for the LT proc) - and it even gave reason to mingle with other players - they now go bulk repair the only set of gear they´ll ever wear in a game thats unlikely to attract new players and saturated with fully templated alts already. Where other games add stuff to keep their players busy, Phoenix strips the game down to a skeleton. Weird concept.
Aside from weapons, a total of 7 chest pieces (chests, usually also a feather item) were below 50% durability making the removal of durability loss a non issue in practice.

I understand the need to manage inflation in the ingame economy.

From my perspective this was already achieved through a "stealth-nerf" in that rather than each char being able to hold 200P the entire account can now only hold 200P. This effectively reduces the possible account wealth by a factor of 10.

I appreciate the elimination of dur loss on items, but I played a zillion hours on live on 1 bow and it is still not worn out (ok it is 3% after RR11).

My goal is to RvR and cover my expenses through kills. I do not want to PvE to fund my RvR.

stewbeedoo wrote:
Tue Oct 22, 2019 12:23 am
I understand the need to manage inflation in the ingame economy.

From my perspective this was already achieved through a "stealth-nerf" in that rather than each char being able to hold 200P the entire account can now only hold 200P. This effectively reduces the possible account wealth by a factor of 10.

I appreciate the elimination of dur loss on items, but I played a zillion hours on live on 1 bow and it is still not worn out (ok it is 3% after RR11).

My goal is to RvR and cover my expenses through kills. I do not want to PvE to fund my RvR.
Can you use the exchange merchant and store coins to override this 200 max