Re: Gamemasters.

#31
gotwqqd wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:27 am
Sleepwell wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 5:24 pm
Uthred wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:54 am

To sum things up:
Our rule says one account per person, our general assumption is that one computer means one person. Unless it's a clear cut case of buff botting / multi boxing or circumventing the realm timer, these bans are manually reviewed once we are contacted and if it turns out that it's actually just a family / household these bans are reverted. However, these are the exceptions, the vast majority of cases are clear cut buff bots or other realm accounts. This particular case is a mixture of both, we believe them that this is a family, however, there were cases of realm timer circumvention and most likely at least one of the accounts is an additional account.

In a perfect world, we would not have to ban anyone and running this server would be much more fun. Our goal is surely not to ban as many players as we can, but to PROTECT as many as we can from cheaters and people who hurt this community. And yes, we can make mistakes, but 99% of the time we catch people who try to harm the server/community and you don’t read in forums or on discord about all the solved issues as those honest players contacted us in a friendly and professional manner instead of calling us names and worse.

Nothing more to say.
If everything is done by the book, then multiple accounts on a single computer could potentially be expected. Say you have a family that all plays mid, but plays at different times on different accounts. That is "multiple accounts" as per the rules. The rules are vague and can be interpreted by you or the gms however they want. If a gm wants to ban you for playing one realm on multiple computers because that computer is also used to log into 4 other accounts (even if only one realm is played by all accounts), by the rule as written, they are well within their rights (even if they didnt use the "our server our rules " statement),
Seems to me this is about two instances of the game running on one computer

I find it hard to believe that you couldn’t have more than one login on a game install on one computer
It’s a even more basic than that - it’s multiple accounts created on the same computer that causes the issue. This was stated in discord by the gms. So there will be false positives triggered by the low quality check and then manual work to be done to review the facts which can take days and then you get situations like this. Let’s have a little imagination here and think about how this plays out. One person installs the game and creates the account on one computer. He then shows the game to significant other or kid. The wife / kid is interested, wants to try it out. They create a unique account ( but on the same computer) cause they read the rules. But then they want to play together so they install the game on other computer and now are flagged and banned for multiple accounts. Who thinks this is ok? Nothing more to be said indeed.

Re: Gamemasters.

#32
florin wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:17 am
gotwqqd wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:27 am
Sleepwell wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 5:24 pm


If everything is done by the book, then multiple accounts on a single computer could potentially be expected. Say you have a family that all plays mid, but plays at different times on different accounts. That is "multiple accounts" as per the rules. The rules are vague and can be interpreted by you or the gms however they want. If a gm wants to ban you for playing one realm on multiple computers because that computer is also used to log into 4 other accounts (even if only one realm is played by all accounts), by the rule as written, they are well within their rights (even if they didnt use the "our server our rules " statement),
Seems to me this is about two instances of the game running on one computer

I find it hard to believe that you couldn’t have more than one login on a game install on one computer
It’s a even more basic than that - it’s multiple accounts created on the same computer that causes the issue. This was stated in discord by the gms. So there will be false positives triggered by the low quality check and then manual work to be done to review the facts which can take days and then you get situations like this. Let’s have a little imagination here and think about how this plays out. One person installs the game and creates the account on one computer. He then shows the game to significant other or kid. The wife / kid is interested, wants to try it out. They create a unique account ( but on the same computer) cause they read the rules. But then they want to play together so they install the game on other computer and now are flagged and banned for multiple accounts. Who thinks this is ok? Nothing more to be said indeed.
But has anyone been banned for this type of thing?
Where in all regards they are playing by the rules.

Or have all the bans been to one person trying to play on multiple accounts and couldn’t pass it off

Re: Gamemasters.

#33
gotwqqd wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:46 am
florin wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:17 am
gotwqqd wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:27 am

Seems to me this is about two instances of the game running on one computer

I find it hard to believe that you couldn’t have more than one login on a game install on one computer
It’s a even more basic than that - it’s multiple accounts created on the same computer that causes the issue. This was stated in discord by the gms. So there will be false positives triggered by the low quality check and then manual work to be done to review the facts which can take days and then you get situations like this. Let’s have a little imagination here and think about how this plays out. One person installs the game and creates the account on one computer. He then shows the game to significant other or kid. The wife / kid is interested, wants to try it out. They create a unique account ( but on the same computer) cause they read the rules. But then they want to play together so they install the game on other computer and now are flagged and banned for multiple accounts. Who thinks this is ok? Nothing more to be said indeed.
But has anyone been banned for this type of thing?
Where in all regards they are playing by the rules.

Or have all the bans been to one person trying to play on multiple accounts and couldn’t pass it off
Hard to tell - the manually reviewed and reverted bans “should not” make it to the ban board. They do make it to discord where every few days someone is pleading their case.

Re: Gamemasters.

#34
I would be curious to know if they would ban someone for making multiple accounts from the same computer. That seems a little out of scope of what they tell us to do or not do. As long as you never have two accounts logged in from the same computer, never violate the realm timer across any of the accounts created on the same computer (or that are played from the same ip), and follow the 10 min afk rule (able to pass the test), then I would think you would be fine.

I'm guessing that while it may be true that the OP created multiple accounts from one PC, that is probably not what ended up getting them in trouble.
Madeup - 50 (3L1) Warden
Breassall - 48 Enchanter

Zigodien - 49 (2L5) Theurgist

Re: Gamemasters.

#35
PingGuy wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:34 pm
I would be curious to know if they would ban someone for making multiple accounts from the same computer. That seems a little out of scope of what they tell us to do or not do. As long as you never have two accounts logged in from the same computer, never violate the realm timer across any of the accounts created on the same computer (or that are played from the same ip), and follow the 10 min afk rule (able to pass the test), then I would think you would be fine.

I'm guessing that while it may be true that the OP created multiple accounts from one PC, that is probably not what ended up getting them in trouble.
actually you can get banned for nothing take my example : i get banned 3 days for nothing, i did nothing wrong and played by the book at 100% it took me 3 days and 1 harassement to uthred to get my name cleared and unban, it was a perma ban at start so actually after experiencing it i cant tell if a ban is legit or not anymore

Re: Gamemasters.

#36
Sayuri wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 3:33 pm
actually you can get banned for nothing take my example : i get banned 3 days for nothing, i did nothing wrong and played by the book at 100% it took me 3 days and 1 harassement to uthred to get my name cleared and unban, it was a perma ban at start so actually after experiencing it i cant tell if a ban is legit or not anymore
Let's be clear here. Getting banned for nothing would require a GM to just randomly pick someone and ban them. Chances are that isn't what happened with you or anyone else. These things always start with something. An action, a message, or something weird in the logs. There is always a chance for a misunderstanding, but chances are the action was taken based on something they saw, not a randomly selected victim.
Madeup - 50 (3L1) Warden
Breassall - 48 Enchanter

Zigodien - 49 (2L5) Theurgist

Re: Gamemasters.

#37
PingGuy wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 5:07 pm
Sayuri wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 3:33 pm
actually you can get banned for nothing take my example : i get banned 3 days for nothing, i did nothing wrong and played by the book at 100% it took me 3 days and 1 harassement to uthred to get my name cleared and unban, it was a perma ban at start so actually after experiencing it i cant tell if a ban is legit or not anymore
Let's be clear here. Getting banned for nothing would require a GM to just randomly pick someone and ban them. Chances are that isn't what happened with you or anyone else. These things always start with something. An action, a message, or something weird in the logs. There is always a chance for a misunderstanding, but chances are the action was taken based on something they saw, not a randomly selected victim.
so i ask for 3 days to check again cause i did nothing and when they did they unban me, so yeah i was randomly selected

Re: Gamemasters.

#38
Sayuri wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 5:26 pm
PingGuy wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 5:07 pm
Sayuri wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 3:33 pm
actually you can get banned for nothing take my example : i get banned 3 days for nothing, i did nothing wrong and played by the book at 100% it took me 3 days and 1 harassement to uthred to get my name cleared and unban, it was a perma ban at start so actually after experiencing it i cant tell if a ban is legit or not anymore
Let's be clear here. Getting banned for nothing would require a GM to just randomly pick someone and ban them. Chances are that isn't what happened with you or anyone else. These things always start with something. An action, a message, or something weird in the logs. There is always a chance for a misunderstanding, but chances are the action was taken based on something they saw, not a randomly selected victim.
so i ask for 3 days to check again cause i did nothing and when they did they unban me, so yeah i was randomly selected
Yeah, sure.

I remember the thread; it was about a month ago. Your name was mentioned in that "gold seller" ban thread.
Meaning you did something that did look like gold selling in logs (or however they do it), which was revoked on a second review.

Re: Gamemasters.

#39
Matricus wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 5:44 pm
Sayuri wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 5:26 pm
PingGuy wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 5:07 pm


Let's be clear here. Getting banned for nothing would require a GM to just randomly pick someone and ban them. Chances are that isn't what happened with you or anyone else. These things always start with something. An action, a message, or something weird in the logs. There is always a chance for a misunderstanding, but chances are the action was taken based on something they saw, not a randomly selected victim.
so i ask for 3 days to check again cause i did nothing and when they did they unban me, so yeah i was randomly selected
Yeah, sure.

I remember the thread; it was about a month ago. Your name was mentioned in that "gold seller" ban thread.
Meaning you did something that did look like gold selling in logs (or however they do it), which was revoked on a second review.
and like i said i did nothing at all xD

Re: Gamemasters.

#40
Sayuri wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 6:19 pm
Matricus wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 5:44 pm
Sayuri wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 5:26 pm


so i ask for 3 days to check again cause i did nothing and when they did they unban me, so yeah i was randomly selected
Yeah, sure.

I remember the thread; it was about a month ago. Your name was mentioned in that "gold seller" ban thread.
Meaning you did something that did look like gold selling in logs (or however they do it), which was revoked on a second review.
and like i said i did nothing at all xD
That’s my story and I’m sticking to it.

Sounds like OJ