Possible Charm Changes

Started 17 Jun 2019
by Urzawolf
in Suggestions
Charm is currently sub par for numerous reasons listed through out the forum. I wanted to propose a fix for charm that I have seen done on other shards. Make charm generate a copy of the target at the caster's level on cast. The stats and abilities of the pet can be dependent on the type of mob "charmed" but could be higher than wild mobs to make them in line with other pet classes.

The search for the right pet to charm will factor in two things, the type of mob (for example Humanoid, Magical, Animal) and the look of the mob. Each type of mob would have standard abilities, all humanoids can heal and buff, magical can cast spells of a random damage type, animals can cause bleeding, etc. The Devs would only need to balance the stats for each mob type, which is a lot less than fixing each mob on a case by case basis.

As a add on to this post I also wanted to suggest that Minstrel and Mentalist both get a permanent castable pet charm to use in lieu of their original pulsing charms (I would still keep them so they don't lose an ability they may prefer with weaker pets). Also, if the dark spirtmaster doesn't have pet charm at this patch level, they should get it too. Hunter would of course not get this new charm, but should be using their hound anyways.
Mon 17 Jun 2019 6:01 AM by teiloh
It'd be nice if mobs were just un-nerfed, and stat scaling adjusted upward, As well as restoring missing abilities and perhaps put in more neutral camps around common porting areas, dungeons and DS instances.

Exp and other rewards could be raised to compensate. I think if we generalized all mobs it'd take a lot of the fun out of the ability. Always enjoyed looking around for cool pets.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Suggestions or the latest topics