3rd Option for the NF/OF Poll: Alternating OF and NF every 2-3 months!

Started 16 Jun 2019
by Beren
in Suggestions
Urzawolf wrote: ↑
Sat Jun 15, 2019 1:36 pm
I wanted to suggest that we just plan to switch between OF and NF at regular intervals, maybe once a week or month. Let's just have the best of both worlds.

That is indeed THE solution for everyone.

If the devs have the resources to do so, it would make everyone happy.
At least those who dislike one or the other could stand playing it, knowing that their preferred frontier map system will be played after a certain period of time once again.
For many players it will be a welcomed change now and then, switching out the frontier map systems.

This is the only mechanism, i can think of, that WILL NOT harm the server, but make it more interesting!

Because a certain amount of players will be so frustrated, when their favourite frontier map system won't be implemented, that they might stop playing.
We all can easily imagine that.

So please include a 3rd option in the poll:

Should we establish a frontier map system, that will be alternating between NF and OF every ..... weeks/months?

To further enhance OF:
make relics count again

To further enhance NF:
make a more complex task system, that creates opportunities for ambushes due to the necessity of travelling apart from teleport & boat routes
(ideally involving also the Ellan Vannin Terrain)

This needs to get more attention, so i reposted the great idea of Urzawolf with hopefully a more catchy header.
Sun 16 Jun 2019 9:05 PM by teiloh
People rolled this server for OF, not NF.
Sun 16 Jun 2019 9:15 PM by Beren
teiloh wrote: People rolled this server for OF, not NF.

True.
I'd be happy with just OF, but it's the only good compromise i can see to not hurt the server pop.
Besides a little NF now and then is refreshing probably not only to me.
Mon 17 Jun 2019 12:05 AM by Crispycrit
I did not roll here for OF, if the maps worked it would be different story. NF made moving around easier and finding my group easier. Not looking for easy mode, but i love the NF map and keeps and transportation...with all OF all I do is pve i hate the maps (that don't work) so much.
Mon 17 Jun 2019 3:22 AM by teiloh
Crispycrit wrote:
Mon 17 Jun 2019 12:05 AM
I did not roll here for OF, if the maps worked it would be different story. NF made moving around easier and finding my group easier. Not looking for easy mode, but i love the NF map and keeps and transportation...with all OF all I do is pve i hate the maps (that don't work) so much.

I can see where people are coming from but I think it'd be easier to fix OF than NF.
Mon 17 Jun 2019 5:24 AM by Myllasia
I rolled here for OF... i hate NF...
Mon 17 Jun 2019 9:38 AM by Beren
Myllasia wrote:
Mon 17 Jun 2019 5:24 AM
I rolled here for OF... i hate NF...

What if the Poll vote will be in favour of NF and the devs will obey that?

Wouldn't you probably stop playing?

Would you stop playing, if you knew after some time of NF came back your beloved OF again for some time?
Mon 17 Jun 2019 9:45 AM by Luriella
Divide the server as the community now is concerning the right fz , make 1 DF server One OF and alk will be fine .
And make the poeple to decide on every login, where they like to go.
Mon 17 Jun 2019 12:50 PM by Beren
Luriella wrote:
Mon 17 Jun 2019 9:45 AM
Divide the server as the community now is concerning the right fz , make 1 DF server One OF and alk will be fine .
And make the poeple to decide on every login, where they like to go.

Interesting idea.
If they had the hardware and it was doable with not too much effort, this could probably be the most accurate poll, there could ever be.

Assuming it would be half OF and half NF, how the pop will distribute itself, we would arrive at a number of players playing per section, that for a healthy server would be in my eyes already the minimum. It would have a huge impact in a negative way on the players gaming experience on either section, likely skewing the results, ofc depending on how long the split-up would take place. Maybe players would also be driven away by this split-up permanently, if it lasted too long.
In my opinion you definitely need the full pop, that we have now, to experience a healthy server's gameplay.
Mon 17 Jun 2019 1:04 PM by Nachtfee
The Problem is that Phönix will lose player so or so when NF comes OF player will be quit, the same for OF then will NF player quit. I´m not sure if the Dev make a good decision to bring NF online, the Loser will be the Server Pop.

I´m no fan of NF and i´ve played in this NF week 70% less RvR, i´m not really sure what i will make when NF goes Live. The Idea to Swtich the Maps is for me the best Solution of the Problem. just my 2 cent
Mon 17 Jun 2019 1:07 PM by Kaziera
I really would like nf to win. But i like pf also. So really what would be best imo, is that whichever wins, the losing fz becomes available in events.

So if nf wins, bring back of in events.
If of wins, bring nf in events.

Furthermore both fz need a lot of tweaking.
Mon 17 Jun 2019 1:27 PM by Beren
Kaziera wrote:
Mon 17 Jun 2019 1:07 PM
I really would like nf to win. But i like pf also. So really what would be best imo, is that whichever wins, the losing fz becomes available in events.

So if nf wins, bring back of in events.
If of wins, bring nf in events.

Furthermore both fz need a lot of tweaking.

I agree, that bringing back the losing alternative in event form, would be a necessary and good idea.
But i think it really needs to be a scheduled recurring thing. A certain percentage of players won't be able to bear playing
their non-favourite frontier map system, if they couldn't count on a concrete date for the return of their favourite frontier map system.
Mon 17 Jun 2019 7:07 PM by soiehib1337
This looks like a good idea.
To be honest, OF is better for small during EU day time, NF is better during prime time. NF also better for soloing as a non stealther during prime...

Both have pros and cons.

I don't know what to chose still.

All I want is OF RAs and no more buff and regen pots.
Mon 17 Jun 2019 7:37 PM by Necrotic
If your only here for OF then your a short timer player who is not going to stick around anyways.....Bye Felicia.

NF allows those trying to get to battle group, non tport areas a chance while in OF your SOL because you can't get past the mile gate solo. NF brings more strategy to the game that makes you think for a change rather than running out to Emain to a constant meat grinder...rinse repeat over and over again...Not sure how that is much fun.
Tue 18 Jun 2019 7:41 AM by Sepplord
Necrotic wrote:
Mon 17 Jun 2019 7:37 PM
If your only here for OF then your a short timer player who is not going to stick around anyways

any basis for that, or just a random generalization of a bunch of players that simply have a different opinion than you?

leading with such a stupid generalization only takes away from the credibility of your other arguments
Tue 18 Jun 2019 10:16 AM by Beren
Necrotic wrote:
If your only here for OF then your a short timer player who is not going to stick around anyways.....Bye Felicia.

Really? Can't you do any better in 2019?

Necrotic wrote:
NF allows those trying to get to battle group, non tport areas a chance while in OF your SOL because you can't get past the mile gate solo. NF brings more strategy to the game that makes you think for a change rather than running out to Emain to a constant meat grinder...rinse repeat over and over again...Not sure how that is much fun.

The mile gates in OF also provide positive things:
- they make the realm work together to overcome them or to occupy them, not every 8man for themselves like in NF most of the time
- they provide sometimes interesting strategic opportunities in relic raids, realm tasks or to block BG reinforcements
- small numbers working well together can hold back bigger numbers
- a BG might have to clear the mg from behind to open the way for their reinforcements

And that's only, what popped into my head instantly, just in order to show, that milegates mustn't portrayed only in a negative way and that not just NF has strategic aspects to it. Granted NF is a more strategic map system, but it also has it's downsides.

After all in this thread the topic is not NF or OF!
It is advocating for a recurring scheduled switch mechanism to heal the split in the playerbase, that has occured over the question of OF or NF.
Tue 18 Jun 2019 7:58 PM by teiloh
Necrotic wrote:

Live has NF.

NF brings 0 strategy, now instead of knowing which keep to go to you have the ninja Mach 5 army picking one of three keeps arbitrarily to attack, and then if you have enough you go - if you don't, you just watch them PvE your realm down. 0 skill, 0 strategy.

If the map reflected action a little better (bigger flames for more people, etc) it'd be less of an issue though.
Thu 20 Jun 2019 3:05 AM by Urzawolf
Thanks for adding more attention to this suggestion. Now that I have seen the potential of the voting system, I think we could even do a daily (every server reset) vote for which map (OF or NF) to use next. Knowing myself, I would be voting for the exact opposite map of the current map every time. The grass is always greener on the other side you know?
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Suggestions or the latest topics