Light Tank Charge as SoS without Speed Boost

Started 14 Jun 2019
by Inkwell84
in Suggestions
So it’s no secret the 1.65 charge ability is useless (free sprint). It’s also no secret that people are clamoring for NF charge RA. And it’s no secret others are clamoring for Speed Warp. Oh, and it’s no secret these two RA’s fundamentally change RvR and shift it away from 1.65 flavor.

I think if Charge were given a SoS without speed buff, just a CC immunity until combat, light tanks could get some benefit on pushing without massively disrupting the state of RvR and without creating the need to give speed warp as a counter ability.

Obviously charge as it is has no use since we all run end pots.

What do you think???
Fri 14 Jun 2019 2:09 PM by ExcretusMaximus
We are not planning to implement Charge or any of the "corresponding" abilities, which become "necessary" by said introduction (like Bodyguard / Speedtrap / Grapple) at any point.

PS: A "modified" version isn't planned either :-)

https://forum.playphoenix.online/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=8632&p=65560&hilit=grapple#p65560
Fri 14 Jun 2019 2:33 PM by gotwqqd
I don’t think a charge with cc immunity is a game breaker
It gives melee a useful RA ability
Just have appropriate reuse timer and cost
Hell you could even add an after affect...EXHAUSTED
Fri 14 Jun 2019 2:40 PM by chryso
I think this is a bad idea, and I play melee classes. If you can charge a caster in an unCCable way then that caster is dead. period.
You already have det. Why do you need complete CC immunity?
Fri 14 Jun 2019 3:23 PM by PingGuy
I think the issue is less of how they change it, and more that as long as a useless ability exists, people will ask for it to be made useful.
Fri 14 Jun 2019 3:35 PM by Inkwell84
ExcretusMaximus wrote:
Fri 14 Jun 2019 2:09 PM
We are not planning to implement Charge or any of the "corresponding" abilities, which become "necessary" by said introduction (like Bodyguard / Speedtrap / Grapple) at any point.

PS: A "modified" version isn't planned either :-)

https://forum.playphoenix.online/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=8632&p=65560&hilit=grapple#p65560

Squeaky wheel gets grease :0)
Fri 14 Jun 2019 3:36 PM by Inkwell84
chryso wrote:
Fri 14 Jun 2019 2:40 PM
I think this is a bad idea, and I play melee classes. If you can charge a caster in an unCCable way then that caster is dead. period.

My suggestion includes no speed bonus so caster can pull pre-kite you. It’s not NF charge. It just gives some utility to an otherwise dead button
Fri 14 Jun 2019 8:42 PM by Isavyr
Inkwell84 wrote:
Fri 14 Jun 2019 3:36 PM
chryso wrote:
Fri 14 Jun 2019 2:40 PM

My suggestion includes no speed bonus so caster can pull pre-kite you. It’s not NF charge. It just gives some utility to an otherwise dead button

This is a L2P issue. It's useful if you know when to use it; namely, it frees you up from needing endo chant for awhile, since you cannot sprint + style on moving targets. I wouldn't mind if it was removed either, since a) melee already are very strong here and don't need to be freed from endo constraints for any period of time and b) it generates threads like this in which people complain.
Fri 14 Jun 2019 9:09 PM by Lillebror
PingGuy wrote:
Fri 14 Jun 2019 3:23 PM
I think the issue is less of how they change it, and more that as long as a useless ability exists, people will ask for it to be made useful.

Easy fix, remove it
Fri 14 Jun 2019 9:31 PM by Azuell
I could be mistaken, but didn't light tanks lose det when they got the NF version of charge? Having access to both seems excessive even without the speed boost.
Sat 15 Jun 2019 6:39 PM by Inkwell84
Azuell wrote:
Fri 14 Jun 2019 9:31 PM
I could be mistaken, but didn't light tanks lose det when they got the NF version of charge? Having access to both seems excessive even without the speed boost.

You are mistaken. All Pure tanks got det and stoicism. Light Pure tanks for Uber charge also.
Mon 17 Jun 2019 8:19 AM by Sepplord
my biggest gripe with this argument/suggestion is that it simply claims charge is useless...
It really makes discussion the topic harder, and as dev i would simply dismiss suggestions that are based on exaggerrations or ignorance of the OP.

Charge is far from useless, Endurance isn't unlimited for melees. Sprinting and styling drains your endurance fast.
It is much weaker than NF-charge, but it isn't useless.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Suggestions or the latest topics