My Perfect Server

Started 19 Mar 2018
by jsx
in Suggestions
Hi,

In this thread please define your perfect server. Do not critique anyone else's post. Just take the time to go through Classes, RVR, Crafting, Leveling Speed, Realm Timer, Quality of Life, Housing. I believe once a few people have made post, we'll see a lot of resemblances and would be good for the GM's to implement/consider.

Thank you,

My Perfect Server:
Leveling -
I think leveling should be difficult. It makes characters valuable and makes it harder for people to change their 8 man set up based on what others are running.
Uthgard is a bit too slow. Something a little faster than Uthgard, but, still difficult enough to stop the altaholics.

50% Frontier xp bonus. (Risk Reward factor should be way up)

Botting: Yes - Should be able to run as many accounts as I like. Not everyone has/wants to group with other people.

Crafting:
Once again, I believe it should be slow. Makes crafting more valuable. I believe 1 character should be able to craft every profession. Uthgards speed is a good pace.
Potions with more than 1 use.

RVR/RA's/Timers
Abilities:
Cure NS: Yes
Group Cure disease: 40 Heal spec
Buff Sheers: No
All realm celerity: Yes, Casted for Healer/Warden - Instant for Paladin

RA's
Old RA's - Give Champs/Palas/Thanes/Reavers/Friars Det
Change purge timer to 15 minutes.
SoS Breaks on Combat
Visible TWF Radius
Ichor 2 sec delay / has to stop

Old Frontiers
Passage of Conflict instead of old Dungeons
Instant Porting (Right click/Turn in Necklace to port)

Battlegrounds
Bind allowed in BG
xp/rp off allowed
3 BG's
10-19 RR 1L3 cap
20-29(Thid) RR2L3 cap
30-39(Molvik) RR3L3 cap

Quality of Life
Porting: I like the lay out you already listed. I feel that will be fair.
Hasteners: In all city's/towns
Personal Horse: Yes - Usable in frontiers too. Enchanter/Sorc/Warden speed
/Vault - Yes
All Races - Yes, except no minotaur. Minotaur's are stupid.
Race/Class combo -
Lurikeen BM
Kobold Zerk
Highlander Friar

Housing
Uthgard does it well. Add speed merchants in every town though!

Realm Timer:
INSTANT - but, 7 day wait period to transfer again.

I'm sure there's other things I missed. Hopefully I'll see them in other post and will edit this post and add!

Thanks!
Jsx
Mon 19 Mar 2018 12:30 AM by vulna
OF
New RAs
Healing update
10% cast speed/melee speed(no other ToA bonuses)
Heavy tank update
Style update
Det for hybrids
Cure NS at 40 reg/rej/mend
Buff shears
Equalize end regen across the realms
Celerity on warden/paladin
5x duration stun immunity
Mon 19 Mar 2018 6:34 PM by Geek
1a. New battlegrounds. No one goes in old battlegrounds. If hard-headed about keeping old battlegrounds, make them worth adventuring in at low levels, such as giving higher XP for both PvE and RvR. It's fun to have different toons to play as the mood strikes.. take a lvl 24 to Thid for some fun. Get out your lvl 49 to go nuts in Cathal Valley. Break out your 50 for guild and alliance RvR or solo play. That's what makes the game so fun, for me, that is.

1b. Add binding to BGs, with hasteners and merchants selling pots. XP/RP off allowed. No harm in living in the BGs.

2. Live skins for the capitals.

3. Hasteners in every capital and town.

4. Leveling should not be a total grind as it was in 2001 nor like it is on Uthgard. I'd rather go pay the $15 a month again to play on live. /cry

5. I'm not for or against bots. I've had them; I've not had them. I don't mind the option to have them.

Overall, I like Live the way it's set up now with xp and such, but I know everyone has this vision of 1.65 and how it was so great. Not necessarily, which is why these QoL changes always get brought up. There's not one thing wrong with taking a look at Live these days and implementing some of the changes into the free shard. Either way it doesn't matter. I'm sure I'll play here regardless as long as it's at least a slightly better version of Uthgard's painfully slow and obviously one-dimensional mindset of a shard.
Sat 24 Mar 2018 5:46 PM by Tree
Some nice ideas, others I would absolutely hate. I guess we all have our own ideas what would make a perfect server, but we would probably play alone on it, if we were able to make it happen.

So the best course of action is to find common ground. I hope the staff will poll players in the future and ask what a majority of players would like. Too much experimenting and deviation from 1.65 might not attract a huge enough audience to make this server fun. Like it or not, but Uthgard still is the gold standart and one would be well advised to take this servers strength into consideration and build from there.
Sun 25 Mar 2018 2:40 PM by Chamie
Hi first I wanna respond to the topic creators idea and say that you have many good points. I don´t agree with group cure diseas though and I don´t think /rp off for BGs is a good idea. That will end up having characters on RP cap just staying in BGs. It could maybe be good if it was capped to max /rp off for 1 week or whatever to let friends catch up.
About leveling speed, making leveling hard is a horrible idea. So many people have little time to play now since they have families and all of that. It´s not 2001 anymore like someone else said.

My perfect server was and will actually always be the eden Instant 50 RvR style with emain and breifine only.
Now a lot of players will read this and say "Oh but the casuals won´t like that." Well it was something like 10 years ago that I played on a server like that so obviously it probably wouldn´t be the same today as it was back then, but back then there were definitely a lot of semi casuals that enjoyed the I 50 RvR servers and the action for fg roaming was perfect.
My favourite thing about it was that it was so easy to change realm. If it was an off hour and only 2 mid groups were running and nothing else, one could simply just change realm and you would have action. You could try several different setups, different realms and if you died it wasnt a huge deal, you got out again quite soon.

The current plan for Phoenix is much better than the other 2 1.65 inspired freeshards. However, the issue here is that they are in a way all too similar. The thing with eden Instant 50 was that it was so different from Uthgard. If you and your old DAoC friends wanted to play, you could all just log on, decide who plays what and you had a group. There wasn´t any gigantic preparations required.
That being said though I do clearly understand the importance of having people committing to their characters a bit. It prevents them from quitting too fast and also from cheating. The thing however is that the amount of players that I believe will be the player pool for Phoenix will be much better suited for a fast 2 RvR zone focused server. Having 100 players on an I50 server was often more fg action in the RvR zone than it is when 1000 players on logged on to Uthgard today.

The balance changes that Phoenix have planned for 1.65 are exactly what 1.65 needs. The problem is that enough casuals won´t change from Uthgard or the other Genesis server to this either way. Let´s just be honest, they just don´t care about these balance changes, they don´t wanna start over again.

So there is the main issue with Phoenix, there will just be too many freeshards just like it.
Tue 3 Apr 2018 4:01 PM by Quathan
My Perfect Server:
First my perspective. I played Live from nearly release to ToA released. I also played Uthgard a few years just before it closed down for revamp and Genesis in the meanwhile.
I havnt experience all the new thinks like cure NS and shears etc.
So my reference points will be much from what I can remember from back then and from Uthgard as it is now.
I've feel like Uthgard is a great server but it also has some class imbalances I think should be adressed. Since I love Archers as my beloved character-role it is also specially them I think about.
Here goes...

Leveling -
I also think leveling should be difficult to value the characters.

Buff Bots: Yes - As long as their are range on buffs.. This will prevent people running in RvR having big advantage. But in PvE it opens some options for people to play the specs they like instead of what people want for the best setup.

Crafting:
Is boring, but necessary part of this game. I believe crafting speed could have a bit of reduction and salvage+hinging a great redction.. materials cost for crafting shouldn't be change as it may change the economy.

RA's
New RA's - I still think these are more balanced even tho people think they are designed for ToA(however they could have balanced somthing they didnt release yet). 90% of the changes people ask for while having Old RA's is fixed with New RA's.. Uth ran with it for years and it worked out fine imo.

Old Frontiers
A reward for taking/defending keeps
Relics should have other bonus that won't effect damage/healing. My suggestion would be Experience/Money/Bounty points gain increase or maybe something total diffrent.

Battlegrounds
Release or bind into the BG your in just no healer so people have small CD with RS fading
XP off allowed since people will spend time sucide either way.
I think with the changes Uth made to battlegrounds they did a real good job.

Quality of Life
Long travel distances could be reduced abit either with horse traveltime speed up abit/few porters plotted in here and there. 3 Min telepad cool down so there is just a short delay for people to gather in a frontier.
I like the Account Vault, Genesis had so something simulair is an great Idea.

Realm Switch Timer:
Something short. Maybe 3-15 min. Players will find a way to bypass it anyway so make it short enough for people dont wanna bother cheat it.
I enjoy playing the diffrent realms and characters. Not having the option to play them when I want to - sucks.
People spy Discord channels of diffrent realms and other media etc. Not much will stay a secret either way for having strict rule set about this to prevent people crossrealming info.

Feel free to comment on my ideas.. Please just be respectful and remember these are my ideas of a good server setup but Im still open to discuss what changes could be great for a server )
Fri 6 Apr 2018 11:15 AM by Disco
jsx wrote:
Mon 19 Mar 2018 12:08 AM
50% Frontier xp bonus. (Risk Reward factor should be way up)

Old Frontiers
Passage of Conflict instead of old Dungeons

i would love these changes!!
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Suggestions or the latest topics