Implement TOA

Started 20 Apr 2019
by jonl
in Suggestions
Implement TOA - all zones, ml's and artefacts.

Thoughts?
Sat 20 Apr 2019 4:50 PM by Niix
Is there a vomit emoji?
Sat 20 Apr 2019 6:09 PM by Rgil
Not a good idea.
Sat 20 Apr 2019 7:46 PM by Numatic
I would be uninstalled so fast my computer would have to buffer the clicks.
Sat 20 Apr 2019 7:55 PM by numbos
Im ready
Sun 21 Apr 2019 8:28 AM by k3mra
Numatic wrote:
Sat 20 Apr 2019 7:46 PM
I would be uninstalled so fast my computer would have to buffer the clicks.

That
Sun 21 Apr 2019 9:12 AM by The Skies Asunder
As stated in other threads, I don't think now is the time to start talking about it. That being said, at some point, I would love to see a Phoenix version of ToA implemented.
Sun 21 Apr 2019 12:51 PM by opossum12
The ToA after its difficulty was nerfed would be nice.

Remove the need to farm scrolls, make them buyabke with feathers. ML1-10 doable in 3-4 hra of pve tops.
Sun 21 Apr 2019 1:38 PM by Luluko
not in the mood to retemp again, I wouldnt mind NF but I dont like toa abilities and bonis
Mon 22 Apr 2019 4:28 PM by Signus
opossum12 wrote:
Sun 21 Apr 2019 12:51 PM
The ToA after its difficulty was nerfed would be nice.

Remove the need to farm scrolls, make them buyabke with feathers. ML1-10 doable in 3-4 hra of pve tops.

The only good part of ToA was the fun encounters and raids.

We don't need all those hyper inflated BS items to fuck everything up again when the balance is already fucked.
Mon 22 Apr 2019 4:43 PM by phixion
Absolutely not.
Mon 22 Apr 2019 4:47 PM by Ashenspire
TOA + NF is when the game was at its absolute best. There was much more diversity in class builds which led to multiple viable playstyles.

The nightmare people seem to bring up if the pve portion of everything can be changed in a custom server so ML4 isn't an 8 hour endeavor.

WoW killed DAoC. TOA was an amazing expansion that kept it going as long as it could.

Bring on the hate.
Mon 22 Apr 2019 4:57 PM by cere2
Ashenspire wrote:
Mon 22 Apr 2019 4:47 PM
TOA + NF is when the game was at its absolute best. There was much more diversity in class builds which led to multiple viable playstyles.

The nightmare people seem to bring up if the pve portion of everything can be changed in a custom server so ML4 isn't an 8 hour endeavor.

WoW killed DAoC. TOA was an amazing expansion that kept it going as long as it could.

Bring on the hate.

TOA was also a big turn off for a lot of people...I think it was the combo of TOA + an alternative that killed it. 8 hour raids to get ML's...no thx.
Minstrels/Bards/Skalds with even more escape tools? No thx.
I would be ok with artifacts for being bought with feathers. No added toa stats though so they would need rework for the +melee speed + casting speed + style damage etc. So no re-templating for everyone
NF....now that's a different story...yes plz.
Mon 22 Apr 2019 5:03 PM by Ashenspire
DAoC had it's highest active sub count EVER during TOA and maintained those numbers for about a year. It actually climbed after the expansion came out rather than dropped off like everyone seems to claim.

And then WoW came out, and it lost 20% of it's subs in 3 months.
Tue 23 Apr 2019 12:43 PM by Kadorna
Ashenspire wrote:
Mon 22 Apr 2019 5:03 PM
DAoC had it's highest active sub count EVER during TOA and maintained those numbers for about a year. It actually climbed after the expansion came out rather than dropped off like everyone seems to claim.

And then WoW came out, and it lost 20% of it's subs in 3 months.

Plz could u provide the link from where this graphic come?? will be nice to see all that old data from daoc.
Tue 23 Apr 2019 4:24 PM by Fayynne
I'd love for ToA to be Implemented and tweaked. Allow artifacts to be bought with feathers with credit and leveled anywhere. Make it so ML raids don't take 8+ hours. Being allowed to run through ToA during the event was a blast, and made me miss ToA and NF even more.
Tue 23 Apr 2019 6:13 PM by Auranyte
I think the big thing holding up ToA on any freeshard is all the scripting and pathing required. Pathing for underwater would seem to be the worse offender. I didn't try but was anyone able to submerge in the water during the pvp event?
Tue 23 Apr 2019 6:28 PM by Ashenspire
Auranyte wrote:
Tue 23 Apr 2019 6:13 PM
I think the big thing holding up ToA on any freeshard is all the scripting and pathing required. Pathing for underwater would seem to be the worse offender. I didn't try but was anyone able to submerge in the water during the pvp event?

Easy fix for that: don't allow underwater combat because it's a fucking nightmare and the going above/under water breaking LoS is nonsense.
Tue 23 Apr 2019 6:50 PM by cere2
Ashenspire wrote:
Tue 23 Apr 2019 6:28 PM
Auranyte wrote:

Easy fix for that: don't allow underwater combat because it's a fucking nightmare and the going above/under water breaking LoS is nonsense.

a ton of TOA content is underwater
Tue 23 Apr 2019 7:13 PM by Amp_Phetamine
Auranyte wrote:

I did try this during the PvP event in Green Glades. It did not work
Tue 23 Apr 2019 7:17 PM by Roto23
Ashenspire wrote:

Bring on the hate.

Mythic admitted that TOA was a bad expansion and was the cause of lots of subs to be un-subbed.
Tue 23 Apr 2019 7:26 PM by Ashenspire
Roto23 wrote:
Tue 23 Apr 2019 7:17 PM
Ashenspire wrote:

Bring on the hate.

Mythic admitted that TOA was a bad expansion and was the cause of lots of subs to be un-subbed.

You got a source for that? Because their sub numbers tell a different story.
Tue 23 Apr 2019 7:30 PM by Ashenspire
cere2 wrote:
Tue 23 Apr 2019 6:50 PM
Ashenspire wrote:
Auranyte wrote:

One section was underwater - Oceanus. It was terrible. Move all the encounters up to the islands and be done with it.

The forest, the desert, the volcano, the sky and outer space were all fine.

Swimming in pvp was especially terrible.
Tue 23 Apr 2019 8:30 PM by Auranyte
Ashenspire wrote:
Tue 23 Apr 2019 7:30 PM
cere2 wrote:
Tue 23 Apr 2019 6:50 PM
Ashenspire wrote:

One section was underwater - Oceanus. It was terrible. Move all the encounters up to the islands and be done with it.

The forest, the desert, the volcano, the sky and outer space were all fine.

Swimming in pvp was especially terrible.

Well the swimming/pathing issues play a part in NF as well. I mean can they disable going underwater and still allow the dock/boat system to work? Even if it somehow worked like a multi player horse, how hard will it be to get the pathing correct? There are horse routes in Hib that have become straight paths instead of following the older routes, perhaps because it was easier for the pathing.
Wed 24 Apr 2019 6:56 AM by Sepplord
No TOA active / ML's / Artifacts etc pls....

Having the PvE for skins or other sidegrades that don't influence powerbalance/equiptemps i would be fine with. I would prefer development going into PvP/RvR-content though, but if many people want more PvE-content i guess they need a bone too
Wed 24 Apr 2019 11:59 AM by Kadorna
Ashenspire wrote:
Tue 23 Apr 2019 7:26 PM
Roto23 wrote:
Ashenspire wrote:

Bring on the hate.

Mate, im still waiting on the source of the graphic that you posted on the second page.
Wed 24 Apr 2019 1:39 PM by Ashenspire
Kadorna wrote:
Wed 24 Apr 2019 11:59 AM
Ashenspire wrote:
Roto23 wrote:

Mate, im still waiting on the source of the graphic that you posted on the second page.

http://gaheris.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1447
Thu 25 Apr 2019 7:52 AM by Kadorna
Ashenspire wrote:
Wed 24 Apr 2019 1:39 PM
Kadorna wrote:
Wed 24 Apr 2019 11:59 AM
Ashenspire wrote:

http://gaheris.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1447

Nice!! thanks for the info => really interesting data
Thu 25 Apr 2019 1:26 PM by Muradin
Uthgard players would appreciate if TOA was installed here, id go back so fast it's not even funny.

Instead of one healthy server, toa on PHX would just make 2 servers on life support... Pop is holding strong almost 5 months post launch and doesn't show signs of slowing down...

If it ain't broke...why the hell would you try to fix it?! I just want to log on a few times a week and rvr, PHX is in the perfect place to do that.
Thu 25 Apr 2019 5:00 PM by Seigmoraig
I would support ToA, but with no MLs, no NF, and Artifacts that are balanced around the power level we currently have. Just being able to go to the desert and volcano zones for some PvE would be amazing, the zones are gorgeous and I really enjoyed my time there back in the day.
Fri 26 Apr 2019 2:15 AM by Haruspex
I am all in favour of TOA being implemented, but in a smart way. Artefacts being leveled already and ML encounters being easy to complete. I say scrolls should be farmable because it’s good for the economy. ML abilities added a ton of flavour and fun dynamics. I also vastly prefer templating with TOA bonuses.

I can understand this may not be a goal now, but I would love to see Phoenix team do TOA someday
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Suggestions or the latest topics