Test zone

Started 15 Apr 2019
by Bradekes
in Suggestions
I think there should be a zone that allows /level and other facilities to test.. This could simply require a teleport that only teleports level 1 characters.. After being teleported make it so there is no way to TP out of the test zone and forced hearth set to the test zone. This is doable now with the added character slots. Thanks!
Mon 15 Apr 2019 11:39 PM by Numatic
I had thought about this as well. Also make dummies for each realms class to test on. Maybe a buffed and unbuffed version and let people test RAs and specs. Kinda like the i50 they did at the end of beta and they gave everyone max gear. Not sure the difficulty 8n doing so but I would love to see what some of my toons could do at rr14.
Wed 17 Apr 2019 11:34 AM by Hellzakk
i think it would be very interesting to be able to direclty compare style/spell between realm, so i suggest to create a separate server instance with no realm change timer where you can edit every stat of the char
Wed 17 Apr 2019 2:42 PM by Kampfar
There was. It was called beta
Wed 17 Apr 2019 3:03 PM by Miiro
I feel like it makes sense since the GMs want data backed arguments when discussing changes. This helps the player base give data and the GMs recieve data. It wouldnt hurt anything IMO.
Thu 18 Apr 2019 6:15 AM by Hellzakk
Kampfar wrote:
Wed 17 Apr 2019 2:42 PM

and nothing changed so far?
Thu 18 Apr 2019 6:44 AM by Bradekes
Kampfar wrote:
Wed 17 Apr 2019 2:42 PM

Beta was for the GMs to tweak things for launch... A test zone is for the players to test specs, compare race/class choices, and also try on skin/glowy combos before they use feathers to make modifications, seeings you can only see what a glowy looks like on your current skin.

It also helps everyone understand when a class mechanic is broken or under/over performing.. People make claims on these forums and the only way for the player base to truly understand as a whole is to be able to test it for yourself so you can give an educated response..

This will help with suggestion posts getting locked. Player frustration when others can't empathise or give real suggestions on how to tweak their spec on a custom server with custom changes..
Thu 18 Apr 2019 6:50 AM by Bradekes
Hellzakk wrote:
Wed 17 Apr 2019 11:34 AM
i think it would be very interesting to be able to direclty compare style/spell between realm, so i suggest to create a separate server instance with no realm change timer where you can edit every stat of the char

We don't need all that.. Just a simple zone where a level 1 character can be teleported to test simple things, as I described in my OP. I would also propose they allow a second account be used as a player test dummy vs npc test dummy, of course only in the test zone...

This is simple and straight to the point, it also allows for minimal impact/time required on devs end.
Thu 18 Apr 2019 7:31 AM by Hellzakk
Bradekes wrote:
Thu 18 Apr 2019 6:50 AM
Hellzakk wrote:
Wed 17 Apr 2019 11:34 AM

We don't need all that.. Just a simple zone where a level 1 character can be teleported to test simple things, as I described in my OP. I would also propose they allow a second account be used as a player test dummy vs npc test dummy, of course only in the test zone...

This is simple and straight to the point, it also allows for minimal impact/time required on devs end.

a script that allow you to set your stat doesn't require much work
Thu 18 Apr 2019 9:56 AM by Bradekes
Hellzakk wrote:
Thu 18 Apr 2019 7:31 AM
a script that allow you to set your stat doesn't require much work

It's more work than none.. I just want a test area not trying to scare away the idea with more work... Maybe after they would accept and make one we could ask for tweaks of such a nature but I think a buff npc would work and your ability to be any RR you want and testing via aug stat would suffice.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Suggestions or the latest topics