High RR xp campers.

Started 7 Apr 2019
by Tillbeast
in Suggestions
I have no issue with level 50 characters killing xpers in the frontier but honestly think those rr5 or above should not earn rps from non level 50s. Same from all realms (although I think 75% of albions stealthers and minstrels above rr6 live in Uppland) I see a lot of high rr's camping DL , SF and CS all time. Two worst offending classes are skalds and minstrels by miles. Sub RR5 characters can pad there rr to get some rp behind them and too practise but killing xpers with high rr seems to be more griefing than anything else. Don't think it helps that all players con yellow to the enemy at level 35. I did not realise this myself when hunting the gorge with my lvl 50 rr2 hunter, if I had so I would not had targeted greens and blues just the lvl 48+ who conned yellow.
Sun 7 Apr 2019 5:59 PM by AngelRose
Completely disagree. Mainly because so many lowbies level their realm ranks by suicide. Greys are already a problem, adding on fights for free rps. Now you want the greens and blues to get all the benefits of being in NF with no downside? Level in pve world if you can't handle the ganking.

Only way this would work is if sub 50's received no rps in frontiers.
Sun 7 Apr 2019 6:34 PM by Tillbeast
I don't believe greys should get rps or task xp if grey either. If the rp or xp was not given the greys would disappear from the frontier. I agree you can't have both ways and it would be better to give both greys no reason to be in a rvr zone and give rr5+ no reason to kill non 50's. I can handle the ganking but does a rr10 really need to be killing level 40's? It is particular bad for midgard as they don't have as good pve spots in mainland as both albion or hib does.
Sun 7 Apr 2019 6:49 PM by dbeattie71
Tillbeast wrote:
Sun 7 Apr 2019 4:17 PM
I have no issue with level 50 characters killing xpers in the frontier but honestly think those rr5 or above should not earn rps from non level 50s. Same from all realms (although I think 75% of albions stealthers and minstrels above rr6 live in Uppland) I see a lot of high rr's camping DL , SF and CS all time. Two worst offending classes are skalds and minstrels by miles. Sub RR5 characters can pad there rr to get some rp behind them and too practise but killing xpers with high rr seems to be more griefing than anything else. Don't think it helps that all players con yellow to the enemy at level 35. I did not realise this myself when hunting the gorge with my lvl 50 rr2 hunter, if I had so I would not had targeted greens and blues just the lvl 48+ who conned yellow.

Can hib get a speed 5 class that can wear chain and actually kill stuff?
Sun 7 Apr 2019 6:50 PM by Quik
Tillbeast wrote:
Sun 7 Apr 2019 6:34 PM
I don't believe greys should get rps or task xp if grey either. If the rp or xp was not given the greys would disappear from the frontier. I agree you can't have both ways and it would be better to give both greys no reason to be in a rvr zone and give rr5+ no reason to kill non 50's. I can handle the ganking but does a rr10 really need to be killing level 40's? It is particular bad for midgard as they don't have as good pve spots in mainland as both albion or hib does.

So you want grey's gone from frontiers even though it is some of the best xp and also a source for a lot of xp items...

And does an RR10 really need to kill 40's? LOL OMG What about all the grey ganking that has happened over the last 20 years? Does a lvl 50 REALLY need to kill a group of lvl 20's just trying to xp? Sorry but grey's have been griefed for years so I have no pity that they might be causing grief now LO(oh that was funny what you said)
Sun 7 Apr 2019 7:27 PM by Inkwell84
AngelRose wrote:
Sun 7 Apr 2019 5:59 PM
Completely disagree. Mainly because so many lowbies level their realm ranks by suicide. Greys are already a problem, adding on fights for free rps. Now you want the greens and blues to get all the benefits of being in NF with no downside? Level in pve world if you can't handle the ganking.

Only way this would work is if sub 50's received no rps in frontiers.
What is the OF bonus to PVE?
Sun 7 Apr 2019 8:40 PM by Luluko
Tillbeast wrote:

Try soloing only lvl 50 player on a none stealther class and then we can talk. Only stuff you find as a solo skald are infis/ns with vanish up and 2+ and maybe a menta or cab/nekro farming in the frontiers and you have to travel quite far to find those. Your suggestion is just well how do I write that without being rude... just beyond anything realistic if you consider this server without any kind of speed except speed classes.
Sun 7 Apr 2019 9:45 PM by Warjon
I have always thought that If I am on my Lvl 25 xping I am also a scout for the realm. I may add anything I see to chats. Action and info is talked about. Just like in DF It plainly says where you were killed. . Sooner or later hunters become the prey. That has always been DAOC. Will I get the xp items before someone takes me out.

I also like seeing the small man action out there. At first I thought the instances would cater to the organized. But now I am thinking if the 8s are playing in there small man may at times benefit, and it does bring other 8s out there. . lol who knows how to balance Everything! I think Phoenix is in a decent spot atm. Only time will tell.
Mon 8 Apr 2019 7:58 AM by Kampfar
Tho shall only get rps for kill enemy if same level and rr, problem solved.
yw
Mon 8 Apr 2019 8:11 AM by Fooj Fujiyama
They could create a bounty hunter system where if people above rr5 for instance kill lowbies maybe they are worth more rps to people who hunt them down, the more greys they kill before they die the more the bounty goes up! That way there would be an incentive for coming out to kill gankers and help realm peeps.
Mon 8 Apr 2019 12:28 PM by dbeattie71
Luluko wrote:
Sun 7 Apr 2019 8:40 PM
Tillbeast wrote:

Try soloing only lvl 50 player on a none stealther class and then we can talk. Only stuff you find as a solo skald are infis/ns with vanish up and 2+ and maybe a menta or cab/nekro farming in the frontiers and you have to travel quite far to find those. Your suggestion is just well how do I write that without being rude... just beyond anything realistic if you consider this server without any kind of speed except speed classes.

At least you have speed, try playing hib and fighting against all the fotm minstrels and Skalds running around, if they’re a chance of loosing they sos off.
Mon 8 Apr 2019 1:01 PM by Luluko
dbeattie71 wrote:
Mon 8 Apr 2019 12:28 PM
Luluko wrote:
Sun 7 Apr 2019 8:40 PM
Tillbeast wrote:

At least you have speed, try playing hib and fighting against all the fotm minstrels and Skalds running around, if they’re a chance of loosing they sos off.
thats why you play a skald/minst and not an op lighttank like bm or reaver or a fulltank like arms or hero or a champ thanks to slam most are a death sentence without purge up and even with purge up they are if you arent heaviely specced towards fighting those classes on skald (like ip/moparry, det9 isnt helping anything there) but sos isnt even half as good as vanish is when it comes to escaping especially vs fgs

the problem is there is no way to get speed for those classes solo or else you would see way less skalds and lots of reavers/champs soloing
Mon 8 Apr 2019 7:35 PM by relvinian
high rr toons die to full groups just the same as low rr toons.
Mon 8 Apr 2019 7:45 PM by Marden
Tillbeast wrote:

I enjoy collecting soil/branches/snow and turning them in to open up ports for the high levels, especially since farming the mid-level FZ critters provides an opportunity for me to stock up on tinders and replace gear. If some random 50 kills me, who cares. Its free exp and RP for the cost of a 20 second run back to the mobs.

Because I choose to xp lock for a week (or more) killing critters and helping the war effort, do I not get credit for helping?

By the way, I'm not sure what Midgard you're playing in, but I think its the easiest of all the 3 to level in. You literally don't have to set foot in the FZ to get fantastic camps.
Mon 8 Apr 2019 10:02 PM by Quik
Marden wrote:
Mon 8 Apr 2019 7:45 PM
Tillbeast wrote:

I enjoy collecting soil/branches/snow and turning them in to open up ports for the high levels, especially since farming the mid-level FZ critters provides an opportunity for me to stock up on tinders and replace gear. If some random 50 kills me, who cares. Its free exp and RP for the cost of a 20 second run back to the mobs.

Because I choose to xp lock for a week (or more) killing critters and helping the war effort, do I not get credit for helping?

By the way, I'm not sure what Midgard you're playing in, but I think its the easiest of all the 3 to level in. You literally don't have to set foot in the FZ to get fantastic camps.

This is the same reason I do it...

But no matter how you and I phrase it, people are just mad that grey's are getting their precious RP's!!! And grey's are ruining RvR because of their OP mezzes/stuns!!! And Grey's are interfering with their RvR fun!!

The complaints make me smile every time I get grey ganked because I know I just got free RP's LOL
Mon 8 Apr 2019 10:35 PM by CowboyFaern
Kampfar wrote:
Mon 8 Apr 2019 7:58 AM
yw

And watch Phoenix die.

By your logic, my RR4 Level 50 NS only gets RPs from other Level 50 RR4's. RR5 and up nothing....RR3 and down nothing....Level 49 and down nothing.... So maybe I can get RPs from let's guess 10% of the population (and that's most likely a generous figure that is Level 50 RR4), now of that 10%, how many play during times I play, and actually RvR while I am RvRing?

This is probably the one dumbest idea I've heard of. Simple answer, if you don't like PvP go find another game to play, or stay in the PvE zones of your realm. If you like everything to be even and like PvP, at level 24 /xp off /rp off and keep your happy butt in Thid.

Big boy RvR is for big boys and girls, Big boy RvR zones are for big boys and girls. If you run out there and con Yellow (level 35 and above), or even Grey if I'm feeling Ornery I'm gonna do my damndest to kill you. If you kill me Congarats!
Tue 9 Apr 2019 2:53 PM by Amp_Phetamine
CowboyFaern wrote:
Mon 8 Apr 2019 10:35 PM
Kampfar wrote:
yw

And watch Phoenix die.

By your logic, my RR4 Level 50 NS only gets RPs from other Level 50 RR4's. RR5 and up nothing....RR3 and down nothing....Level 49 and down nothing.... So maybe I can get RPs from let's guess 10% of the population (and that's most likely a generous figure that is Level 50 RR4), now of that 10%, how many play during times I play, and actually RvR while I am RvRing?

This is probably the one dumbest idea I've heard of. Simple answer, if you don't like PvP go find another game to play, or stay in the PvE zones of your realm. If you like everything to be even and like PvP, at level 24 /xp off /rp off and keep your happy butt in Thid.

Big boy RvR is for big boys and girls, Big boy RvR zones are for big boys and girls. If you run out there and con Yellow (level 35 and above), or even Grey if I'm feeling Ornery I'm gonna do my damndest to kill you. If you kill me Congarats!

Yeah that's a very bad idea. People need to stop fearing the /release
Thu 11 Apr 2019 11:24 AM by CowboyFaern
Amp_Phetamine wrote:
Tue 9 Apr 2019 2:53 PM
CowboyFaern wrote:
Kampfar wrote:
Yeah that's a very bad idea. People need to stop fearing the /release

My main is a NS, I got over the fear of /release long ago. And that's with having to run back to wherever in Stealth, not at Speed 6.
Thu 11 Apr 2019 12:59 PM by Amp_Phetamine
CowboyFaern wrote:
Thu 11 Apr 2019 11:24 AM
Amp_Phetamine wrote:
Tue 9 Apr 2019 2:53 PM
CowboyFaern wrote:
My main is a NS, I got over the fear of /release long ago. And that's with having to run back to wherever in Stealth, not at Speed 6.

Yup, you win some, you lose some. If you're going to put the thick hide on and attempt to solo, especially as a visible but applicable to all shades as well, gotta get used to dying .
Fri 12 Apr 2019 12:00 AM by lourock
Fooj Fujiyama wrote: They could create a bounty hunter system where if people above rr5 for instance kill lowbies maybe they are worth more rps to people who hunt them down, the more greys they kill before they die the more the bounty goes up! That way there would be an incentive for coming out to kill gankers and help realm peeps.
Fooj Fujiyama wrote:
Mon 8 Apr 2019 8:11 AM
They could create a bounty hunter system where if people above rr5 for instance kill lowbies maybe they are worth more rps to people who hunt them down, the more greys they kill before they die the more the bounty goes up! That way there would be an incentive for coming out to kill gankers and help realm peeps.

This is a cool idea. I think the devs here could pull it off too.
Fri 12 Apr 2019 3:19 AM by Signus
What they should REALLY do is make it so grey suiciders don't get RPs.

The system is broken.
Fri 12 Apr 2019 4:49 AM by weewoozesty
Signus wrote:
Fri 12 Apr 2019 3:19 AM

The system is broken.

Is it? Is it really? At the absolute most a simple smack disposes of those greys, and it's a little incentive for people to sit there and get grey ganked by stealthers who intentionally go out of their way to kill low level players. It only is able to happen every 10+ minutes or so. And it's not like they get a "lot" of RP. Just enough to get the first stages of a few realm abilities to get a boost in leveling. Such as a melee class getting MoB or something started as well as Tireless.

And why not give them something, they contributed to their realm in some way when they died... Be it as cannon fodder... But they contributed.

If a little grey that even a lvl 50 caster can just kill in one swing of his staff bothers you that much, why not just go RvR in places where greys dont venture to. I find it funny when I am running around and some random Lurikeen runs at me as a grey and tries to hit me with his staff.
Fri 12 Apr 2019 7:53 AM by Warlay
Signus wrote:

The system is broken.

LOL what is the problem with that? they dont get rr10 like that. After rr3 you already see how it is decreasing alot. I like the bounty hunter idea really much too tho.
honestly its really ridiculous when a rr7/8/9 minstrel just farm little chars. But its nothing else when a full grp stampede over every solo they find. Nevertheless nothing will change and thats daoc.
Fri 12 Apr 2019 5:40 PM by Quik
Signus wrote:

The system is broken.

Sorry...after years of people ganking grey's just because it is fun...I'm glad grey's are getting free RP's now. Karma...
Fri 12 Apr 2019 7:43 PM by BaldEagle
They messed up big time by making sub 50s worth so much RPs.
Sat 13 Apr 2019 5:04 PM by Bobbahunter
You haven’t played a Hunter
Sat 13 Apr 2019 5:30 PM by waffel
System is fine as is. You level in the FZ, you risk dying. It’s really that simple. You have like 25 other zones to level in, and leveling to 50 is so fast already you don’t even need to worry about it.

I swear some people take dying in an RvR game so seriously. I leveled a ton in the FZ and got ganked a lot. This was BEFORE you got task credit in off-realms like you do now. Every time I died I just moved on and kept leveling and didn’t even care. If you can’t handle it then you’re playing wrong game, snowflake.
Tue 16 Apr 2019 6:48 PM by Signus
Quik wrote:
Fri 12 Apr 2019 5:40 PM
Signus wrote:

The system is broken.

Sorry...after years of people ganking grey's just because it is fun...I'm glad grey's are getting free RP's now. Karma...

You should never, in any game, be rewarded more for failure than playing the game normally. And currently it's way better to just suicide in the frontiers than play the game.
Tue 16 Apr 2019 6:54 PM by phixion
At this stage it's welfare RPs, as the "Task" is rewarded in every zone.
Tue 16 Apr 2019 7:25 PM by Quik
Signus wrote:
Tue 16 Apr 2019 6:48 PM
Quik wrote:
Fri 12 Apr 2019 5:40 PM
Signus wrote:

The system is broken.

You should never, in any game, be rewarded more for failure than playing the game normally. And currently it's way better to just suicide in the frontiers than play the game.

You don't get MORE by suiciding, but it isn't uncommon for grey's to go suicide before moving on to leveling for awhile and then suicide again maybe after the group is slowing down. If you get more xp by suiciding then you aren't leveling properly.

Now the good way to do it is to simply do the soil/snow/branches and if you see a high lvl THEN you attack them before going back to your collections task. You get killed sure but you get free RP's to help your leveling process more.

Those people just running out to suicide are doing because it is easier, not better. If you can't get more than 1 bub of xp in a 15 min span you aren't trying.
Wed 17 Apr 2019 6:14 PM by Signus
weewoozesty wrote:
Fri 12 Apr 2019 4:49 AM
Signus wrote:

The system is broken.

Is it? Is it really? At the absolute most a simple smack disposes of those greys, and it's a little incentive for people to sit there and get grey ganked by stealthers who intentionally go out of their way to kill low level players. It only is able to happen every 10+ minutes or so. And it's not like they get a "lot" of RP. Just enough to get the first stages of a few realm abilities to get a boost in leveling.

That's the problem. They're being rewarded for failing/dying.

It has done nothing to stop grey ganking. People will grey gank regardless of whether or not the greys get some pity RPs.

What it HAS done, is made it so that people seek out their first few realm ranks by letting themselves get killed.

It's like saying the game would be better off if to level from 1-20 all you had to do was get killed by aggro purple monsters over and over.

I honestly think it would be better for everyone if to get RPs as a lowbie character, you had to DO something, like say, go to the Battlegrounds. That way there's an actual chance to have some PvP before 50 too, instead of having to grind all the way to 50 only to realize "Eh this character sucks in RvR".
Thu 18 Apr 2019 5:49 AM by weewoozesty
You are comparing apples and oranges. Giving people a little realm ability to compensate them for the a-hole who just goes to low level realm areas to grief is hardly hurting anything. Can it encourage them to go on suicide runs? Sure. But who is it hurting? Why does it bother you so much that some low levels go around emain trying to pick fights with lvl 50s.

You want people to fight in those broken battlegrounds against what, tumbleweeds? the 20-24 battleground is dead, and the few people who do go there have been there for longer than they need to be with maxed out people using lvl 50 jewelry etc which puts them far above what a lvl 20-24 should be at. And even then, you are acting like it is the best way to level. When in reality, you simply get tossed a bubble of xp and a few Realm Points to get your self something nice for your troubles.

I don't understand your logic on the situation as you have not properly elaborated on your reasoning. You only say "No this, no that. Do that instead" Without no actual reasoning behind it. Elaborate beyond that if you want to be taken seriously in this subject.
Thu 18 Apr 2019 7:07 PM by Lillebror
Easy imo, your not worth rps, you do not gain any.
They should maybe not be able to enter big boy Rvr Even before they turn 35-40.

Use battle grounds so you Get to use your char vs equals. And give them same rp Boost there.

Getting your fights ruined because you do not grey gank gets old fast. Its enough that they break a cc or trow a cc them self or break your speed.
Fri 19 Apr 2019 7:32 PM by Signus
weewoozesty wrote:
Thu 18 Apr 2019 5:49 AM
You are comparing apples and oranges. Giving people a little realm ability to compensate them for the a-hole who just goes to low level realm areas to grief is hardly hurting anything.

I can tell you DIRECTLY what it has hurt. Ever since the system went live, NOBODY uses the Battlegrounds anymore, because it's way way more profitable to just let yourself die in RvR.

Hell, one of my real life friends just does house chores while, every 20 minutes or so, auto running his character into a milegate, waiting for free realm points.

That's a fundamental problem. Risk vs reward is totally broken. People are being rewarded for failure, to the point where it has harmed other aspects of the game. Imagine if this game gave you some pity xp for dying in a dungeon, instead of a death penalty? People would just auto run into dungeons and die over and over while afk.

It's bad game design.
Fri 19 Apr 2019 9:27 PM by AngelRose
Leveling by suicide is indeed a weird concept, but a real thing on this shard.
Sat 20 Apr 2019 11:47 AM by Luluko
Signus wrote:
Fri 19 Apr 2019 7:32 PM
weewoozesty wrote:
You are comparing apples and oranges. Giving people a little realm ability to compensate them for the a-hole who just goes to low level realm areas to grief is hardly hurting anything.

I can tell you DIRECTLY what it has hurt. Ever since the system went live, NOBODY uses the Battlegrounds anymore, because it's way way more profitable to just let yourself die in RvR.

Hell, one of my real life friends just does house chores while, every 20 minutes or so, auto running his character into a milegate, waiting for free realm points.

That's a fundamental problem. Risk vs reward is totally broken. People are being rewarded for failure, to the point where it has harmed other aspects of the game. Imagine if this game gave you some pity xp for dying in a dungeon, instead of a death penalty? People would just auto run into dungeons and die over and over while afk.

It's bad game design.

not complelty bad design it keeps people playing the game even if just limited when they usually would just not login at all then if they have other stuff to do like house chores. Sure its bad for battlegrounds but I doubt the devs care or else we would have different battlegrounds and not the same just with a different name. The greys arent that much of a problem really and as long as people keep logging in they will hit 50 eventually be worth rps at some point you just have to see it as an investment killing the greys.
Mon 22 Apr 2019 4:26 PM by Signus
Luluko wrote:
Sat 20 Apr 2019 11:47 AM
Signus wrote:
weewoozesty wrote:

It's bad game design.

not complelty bad design it keeps people playing the game even if just limited when they usually would just not login at all then if they have other stuff to do like house chores. Sure its bad for battlegrounds but I doubt the devs care or else we would have different battlegrounds and not the same just with a different name. The greys arent that much of a problem really and as long as people keep logging in they will hit 50 eventually be worth rps at some point you just have to see it as an investment killing the greys.

People kept logging in to get RPs when the BGs was the viable place to do that, so the only upside to this new system, as you described, is moot.

Are you seriously arguing it's BETTER for the game that people can level up by AFK suicide, than leveling up by playing the game?

That a bunch of AFK greys contributes MORE to the health of the game than if those players were actively participating and leveling?

Using your logic, I think it'd be good for the game if I got items for dying. It would keep me logging in when I normally wouldn't!
Mon 22 Apr 2019 4:59 PM by Luluko
Signus wrote:
Mon 22 Apr 2019 4:26 PM
Luluko wrote:
Signus wrote:

It's bad game design.

People kept logging in to get RPs when the BGs was the viable place to do that, so the only upside to this new system, as you described, is moot.

Are you seriously arguing it's BETTER for the game that people can level up by AFK suicide, than leveling up by playing the game?

That a bunch of AFK greys contributes MORE to the health of the game than if those players were actively participating and leveling?

Using your logic, I think it'd be good for the game if I got items for dying. It would keep me logging in when I normally wouldn't!
its certainly not good for the game if people are mostly afk but the alternative is that people dont logg in then and get disconnected from the game even faster overall I think the server would bleed out even faster then. Even tho xping is pretty quick and easy compared to Uthgard here but most people already pved so much in daoc that they rather do that mostly afk than having to build a grp. I only did when I lvled up my healer a few times because I had no choice sure I would prefer I could lvl through rvr in bgs but I also dont wanna donate all the time in grey/green gear there and as long as that isnt fixed I actually dont mind it how it is. And since all the bgs look the same and the water isnt toa water and you have those annoying bridges which are camped then, if I wanted this kind of rvr I would zerg arround in emain 24/7 but I dont. I would love some bg rvr like molvik or old leirvik or the thidranki from live but currently I dont like the bgs so I dont see much of an issue there.
Mon 22 Apr 2019 5:44 PM by sabyrtuth
Those suicide afk housechores got my bard to 50.
Tue 23 Apr 2019 6:17 PM by Horus
I kinda like high RR camping xp spots or PKs. They are easy kills when they are distracted killing expers or people leaving the keep. Much easier to protect the area around Dun Ligen from enemies than roaming around emain getting rolled by FGs.
Fri 26 Apr 2019 3:21 AM by Signus
Luluko wrote:
Mon 22 Apr 2019 4:59 PM
Signus wrote:
Mon 22 Apr 2019 4:26 PM
Luluko wrote:

its certainly not good for the game if people are mostly afk but the alternative is that people dont logg in

This is such a weird conclusion you keep pushing and I don't know where you're getting it from.

No, I do not think people playing the game while AFK, while killing several viable game zones, is BETTER for the game than a small handful of people simply waiting to log in until they're not AFK
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Suggestions or the latest topics