RvR is Realm v Realm not RP Farm

Started 3 Apr 2019
by defiasbandit
in Suggestions
What happened to realm pride? What has become of the destructive unrelenting conflict between Hibernia, Midgard, and Albion? What happened to conquest and victory for your home realm?

Dark Age of Camelot was a game where allegiance and community mattered. You fought and pillaged enemy realms in order to empower your own. Unfortunately, the server has sort of devolved into shallow RP farming. The RvR needs to feel like a war across the Frontiers again, where stakes and consequences encourage players to fight. Where your realm can claim victory over the enemy. The server has sort of lost sight of what defined Dark Age of Camelot.
Wed 3 Apr 2019 5:12 PM by cere2
So.......your asking for NF or something?
Wed 3 Apr 2019 5:18 PM by mattymc
cere2 wrote:
Wed 3 Apr 2019 5:12 PM

I think he is asking to STOP rewarding PvE with RP, to take a dim view of grey ganking, etc and richly reward Realm defense
Wed 3 Apr 2019 5:27 PM by cere2
mattymc wrote:
Wed 3 Apr 2019 5:18 PM
cere2 wrote:

I think he is asking to STOP rewarding PvE with RP, to take a dim view of grey ganking, etc and richly reward Realm defense

I would be ok with that if there was some other way of leveling after 40, 5 bubs in less than 3 hours..at this time there really isn't.
the tasks give you 5 bubs, but trying to make the other 5 bubs by just killing mobs...takes hours and hours, unless you get into a farm group..
which is less and less each week. But for right now, I see atleast the 40+ levels dying to make exp in rvr as something that they are kinda forced to do.
Wed 3 Apr 2019 5:37 PM by Ashenspire
Faction pride, community, long lasting time investments.

These are no longer staples of MMOs. The modern mmo player doesn't care about it, and the veterans grew up don't have the same free time they used to.

Instant gratification and reward is the name of the game. Giving the players multiple little goals rather than one big one is what gets them playing.

Gamers have evolved over the last 20 years. For the better in some ways, worse in others.

That being said, #OFwasamistake.
Wed 3 Apr 2019 6:03 PM by Cirath
defiasbandit wrote:
Wed 3 Apr 2019 4:57 PM
What happened to realm pride? What has become of the destructive unrelenting conflict between Hibernia, Midgard, and Albion? What happened to conquest and victory for your home realm?

Dark Age of Camelot was a game where allegiance and community mattered. You fought and pillaged enemy realms in order to empower your own. Unfortunately, the server has sort of devolved into shallow RP farming. The RvR needs to feel like a war across the Frontiers again, where stakes and consequences encourage players to fight. Where your realm can claim victory over the enemy. The server has sort of lost sight of what defined Dark Age of Camelot.

Devolved? when has this server ever been more than shallow RP farming? not there is anything wrong with that. Some might feel it lacks a bit of......substance however. Especially after a few months of derping around in zergs.
Wed 3 Apr 2019 6:45 PM by kedelin
The keeps are so hard to defend unless you completely out number the attackers... need nf keeps to get people to defend... also a realm war map like live that is constantly showing where major battles and which keeps are under siege would help a lot with getting more to defend.. I know my group won't just patrol keeps waiting for attackers but if we get Intel of 2grps or less attacking our keep in the zone we haven't to be in we will go defend... if no way to know what keep is under attack no way to defend... also in nf keeps you got 3 entrances, oil, siege hook points so makes defending possible...
Wed 3 Apr 2019 7:24 PM by Kampfar
Ppl should only get rps if they at least yell once per fight "for the realm!"
Easy solution. yw
Wed 3 Apr 2019 7:46 PM by BisbyHoughton
Kampfar wrote:
Wed 3 Apr 2019 7:24 PM
Ppl should only get rps if they at least yell once per fight "for the realm!"
Easy solution. yw

FOR LABION
Thu 4 Apr 2019 6:21 AM by Sepplord
cere2 wrote:
Wed 3 Apr 2019 5:27 PM
mattymc wrote:
Wed 3 Apr 2019 5:18 PM
cere2 wrote:

I would be ok with that if there was some other way of leveling after 40, 5 bubs in less than 3 hours..at this time there really isn't.
the tasks give you 5 bubs, but trying to make the other 5 bubs by just killing mobs...takes hours and hours, unless you get into a farm group..
which is less and less each week. But for right now, I see atleast the 40+ levels dying to make exp in rvr as something that they are kinda forced to do.

killing 15mobs gives you a task +the XP for 15mobs
How long does it take you to kill 15mobs?

i would think less than 15minutes

After you have exhausted all/most mobtypes for the day you might have a point, but i doubt the majority of people having an issue with level times are the ones that play enough hours every day to complete all mobtype-task lvl1
Thu 4 Apr 2019 1:53 PM by imissswg
Adding RP bonus for more than 7 keeps helped, but with tasks the lure of easy RP from tasks is just too high I guess.
Thu 31 Oct 2019 10:27 AM by Razur Ur
imissswg wrote:
Thu 4 Apr 2019 1:53 PM
Adding RP bonus for more than 7 keeps helped, but with tasks the lure of easy RP from tasks is just too high I guess.

No is to low i mean :-/
Thu 31 Oct 2019 1:42 PM by Horus
kedelin wrote:
Wed 3 Apr 2019 6:45 PM
The keeps are so hard to defend unless you completely out number the attackers... need nf keeps to get people to defend... also a realm war map like live that is constantly showing where major battles and which keeps are under siege would help a lot with getting more to defend.. I know my group won't just patrol keeps waiting for attackers but if we get Intel of 2grps or less attacking our keep in the zone we haven't to be in we will go defend... if no way to know what keep is under attack no way to defend... also in nf keeps you got 3 entrances, oil, siege hook points so makes defending possible...

I think letting tanks climb walls was a mistake...

You already have super cheap and easy siege equipment. Maybe give tanks a built in bonus when running a catapult or something to give them something more to do during a siege other than running a ram.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Suggestions or the latest topics