Add a RP reset NPC to save the Battlegrounds

Started 2 Apr 2019
by Signus
in Suggestions
Currently the Battlegrounds, especially Thid, have been dead ever since the RP changes took place.

The /rpoff command isn't known by everyone, and glitches out.

On top of that, it is now most profitable to XP in the frontiers, where you can be ganked. And one gank is enough to cap you out of BG1.

My suggestion is add an NPC somewhere, or maybe an option for your trainer, to reset your RPs specifically to the BG cap.

Say you went over Thid cap by 60 RPs. You can reset your RPs by 61 points, letting you go back into Thid if you wanted to.

I've had three groups now, within the last week, dissolve on me because group members capped out just after a few hours of fighting, not realizing how low the cap is.

There are other ways to help the BGs, but I think this is the easiest.
Wed 3 Apr 2019 3:11 PM by Signus
Do devs ever comment on any of these threads?

I have 3 realm life friends waiting in the wings. They want to play but don't have time to grind to 50, and like the drop in drop out style of BG play.

But over the last 2 days there's only been ONE person in the BGs.
Wed 3 Apr 2019 3:22 PM by Amp_Phetamine
Is the RP remover NPC in Camelot near the Guild Emblemer/Last Name NPC not a thing at the moment?
Wed 3 Apr 2019 3:31 PM by Sepplord
Signus wrote:
Wed 3 Apr 2019 3:11 PM

I have 3 realm life friends waiting in the wings. They want to play but don't have time to grind to 50, and like the drop in drop out style of BG play.

Devs do comment sometimes in threads like these, and they read all of them.

That said, IF there is something to "save" BGs and get them really active at all times so a drop-in-drop-out gameplay is possible there (no idea why you think it isn't possible at 50 but that's a different topic?) then i believe the BGs would get a lot of players that have tweaked out BG-chars with max-level accesories, templates, ptoions, etc....
I haven't delved much into the economy of BG-templates but farming one at lvl24 and farming for the reoccurring costs for pots is more effort than doing that at 50.

They can easily reach lvl50 and a startertemp within 30hours of gameplay (assuming you give them directions ofcourse). Much less if you help them with prefarmed XP-Items.

That said: i don't believe there are any changes that will make BGs alive and pulsing. The RvR at lvl 50 is much more accesible on this server, which takes one of the huge appeals of BG-twinks away (accesibility). And the fast levelling/templating softens the other (time-to-participate).
Wed 3 Apr 2019 6:42 PM by cuuchulain79
Sepplord wrote:
Wed 3 Apr 2019 3:31 PM
Signus wrote:

Devs do comment sometimes in threads like these, and they read all of them.

That said, IF there is something to "save" BGs and get them really active at all times so a drop-in-drop-out gameplay is possible there (no idea why you think it isn't possible at 50 but that's a different topic?) then i believe the BGs would get a lot of players that have tweaked out BG-chars with max-level accesories, templates, ptoions, etc....
I haven't delved much into the economy of BG-templates but farming one at lvl24 and farming for the reoccurring costs for pots is more effort than doing that at 50.

They can easily reach lvl50 and a startertemp within 30hours of gameplay (assuming you give them directions ofcourse). Much less if you help them with prefarmed XP-Items.

That said: i don't believe there are any changes that will make BGs alive and pulsing. The RvR at lvl 50 is much more accesible on this server, which takes one of the huge appeals of BG-twinks away (accesibility). And the fast levelling/templating softens the other (time-to-participate).

Unfortunately I think Sepp is right people just cannae be arsed.

I had a blast capping out of Cale around week3-4...all rog gear, missing some stats & resists...lots of people just having fun...really was a great time. It really feels like getting 50 and joining the zerg is all there is to do now.
Thu 4 Apr 2019 5:43 AM by Signus
Sepplord wrote:
Wed 3 Apr 2019 3:31 PM
Signus wrote:

That said: i don't believe there are any changes that will make BGs alive and pulsing.

I seriously disagree here.

Because it was a day and night change when the Realm Tasks were put in, suddenly the BGs were dead.

That's personally what I'm using as evidence that simple changes can make or break the Battlegrounds. Used to be 30 albs 30 hubs and 20 or so mids every night. Then they all vanished after the patch.

The BGs are a different kind of PvP than RvR. Fewer abilities, more concentrated fighting area, faster to get to level wise. These aren't insignificant things.
Thu 4 Apr 2019 5:52 AM by Sepplord
yeah, i agree...but that shows that most people only went into the BGs to get a few RA-points for levelling
when tasks gave them a faster and easier option, BG-population died.

i don't see tasks going away, so i don't see BGs getting revived

Also back then, many were still levelling their first char. They didn't have another option to RvR. Now many people have at least one RvR-ready char at 50 and can get their break from leveling on those toons

It's probably not completely impossible to revive BGs but at least unlikely and i cant think of changes myself that would be reasonable (aka not taking away from max-lvl RvR)
Thu 4 Apr 2019 1:37 PM by imissswg
Honestly they should either just do way with the BGs or make it so you have to be lvl 35 for task credit. If people actually had to go to the BGs and earn RPs instead of just suiciding in the frontiers, they would have some pop. At lvl 24 you can hit and go over1L5 suiciding twice in OF in 20 minutes instead of roaming Thid for hours hoping for some action. Aber is totally dead and Cale is hit or miss. Still faster to get RPs at 34 suiciding in frontiers then looking for action in Cale, and action in BGs is only going to go down.
Thu 4 Apr 2019 3:04 PM by Amp_Phetamine
imissswg wrote:
Thu 4 Apr 2019 1:37 PM
Honestly they should either just do way with the BGs or make it so you have to be lvl 35 for task credit. If people actually had to go to the BGs and earn RPs instead of just suiciding in the frontiers, they would have some pop. At lvl 24 you can hit and go over1L5 suiciding twice in OF in 20 minutes instead of roaming Thid for hours hoping for some action. Aber is totally dead and Cale is hit or miss. Still faster to get RPs at 34 suiciding in frontiers then looking for action in Cale, and action in BGs is only going to go down.

Getting to level 35 isn't really that difficult. Iirc 35 is the minimum level at which you con to a 50 correct? Or was it 32. I can't recall. I wouldn't be against restricting realm task dings to level 35 if it's possible to implement. This would reduce the number of sub level 35's that would just run to the mile gate to be killed every 15 mins and it should increase the population in the battlegrounds so players that would like to max out realm point potential prior to level 50 can do so.
Thu 4 Apr 2019 3:47 PM by imissswg
It is 35 when you con Yellow to 50s. Task RPs are based on level and I guess (at some extent) RR once you hit RR5, so it should be easy to add a check to change the RP multiplier to 0 if under 35.
Thu 4 Apr 2019 3:51 PM by Amp_Phetamine
Yup, I don't really see anything wrong with this proposed change.
Thu 4 Apr 2019 6:33 PM by Signus
Sepplord wrote:
Thu 4 Apr 2019 5:52 AM
yeah, i agree...but that shows that most people only went into the BGs to get a few RA-points for levelling

Also back then, many were still levelling their first char. They didn't have another option to RvR. Now many people have at least one RvR-ready char at 50 and can get their break from leveling on those toons

It's probably not completely impossible to revive BGs but at least unlikely and i cant think of changes myself that would be reasonable (aka not taking away from max-lvl RvR)

I think that was a significant factor, that people were leveling their first character. Though there was still a booming population of players even months after server launch in the BGs.

It could be that people were only in the BGs for RPs and XP and as soon as it became better elsewhere they left...

Or it could be that the RPs come too freely and they cap out without even realizing they had a chance to cap out. Which is what happened to 3 of my friends. Leveling in the frontiers, got ganked by a level 50, instantly capped out of Thid before they were even level 20.

I don't see why the tasks should be encouraging people to go to the frontiers instead of the BGs... Do the devs just want low level players in the frontiers as gank fodder for level 50s? At least if they PvE in the Battlegrounds they have a chance to win the fight vs being ganked.
Thu 4 Apr 2019 7:10 PM by Amp_Phetamine
Signus wrote:
Thu 4 Apr 2019 6:33 PM
Sepplord wrote:
Thu 4 Apr 2019 5:52 AM

I think that was a significant factor, that people were leveling their first character. Though there was still a booming population of players even months after server launch in the BGs.

It could be that people were only in the BGs for RPs and XP and as soon as it became better elsewhere they left...

Or it could be that the RPs come too freely and they cap out without even realizing they had a chance to cap out. Which is what happened to 3 of my friends. Leveling in the frontiers, got ganked by a level 50, instantly capped out of Thid before they were even level 20.

I don't see why the tasks should be encouraging people to go to the frontiers instead of the BGs... Do the devs just want low level players in the frontiers as gank fodder for level 50s? At least if they PvE in the Battlegrounds they have a chance to win the fight vs being ganked.

I don't think that part was intended at all by the Dev's; but also hasn't really been perceived as much of an issue. The experience aspect of leveling in the Frontiers is fine. The only alteration that could be made, if deemed necessary, would be to remove RP gain for task credit for anyone under level 35.
Fri 5 Apr 2019 5:08 PM by Signus
What is the particular benefit of encouraging lowbies to farm in the frontiers vs farming in the Battlegrounds?

I agree it was not intentional, but I think a lot of people DO have an issue with it and would prefer living Battlegrounds to dead Battlegrounds
Fri 5 Apr 2019 9:09 PM by Kralin
I want to make it clear that there are people out there that like to fight in the BGs just for the sake of fighting. Realm Points are not the reason we play in the BGs otherwise we wouldn't desire things like /rp off and /xp off.

It's obvious you can earn realm points easier in other ways (such as going to the frontiers, dying, zerging with higher level players...). I do not believe people are skipping the BGs because they don't need the scant realm points offered. They are skipping them because other people aren't there and there isn't enough action.

There has to be a solution to improving BG population for those of us (like me) that sometimes just want to fight less-stressful RvR where people don't have all their abilities and RAs. I hope the Devs realize there is a thread about the lack of BG population almost every week. There are many players that do want to see the BGs active for PvP reasons, not for realm-point-gaining reasons.

The OP's suggestion about reset NPC is ok with me but I hope there are other things in the works to help build interest.
Sat 6 Apr 2019 10:32 AM by jg777
I’d like to see the Battlegrounds revived to, and many proposals to adjust things have been made and ultimately it’s up to the Phoenix staff now. That said, between me being busy lately and the lack of what I perceive as fun RvR, I’ve not logged in for a week or so and probably won’t for at least another. I can’t justify taking time to PvE to 50 (little fun to me), run some raids and get templated when it won’t be fun and my free time is so sparse. But I’d happily log on for some Battleground action for a little fun, more when my free time increases again.

Someone a month or so ago mentioned making Battlegrounds from 1-50 possible. The more time goes by, the more I’ve warmed up to the idea. Let the Frontiers be for the high level players or PvE leveling if people want, but make it possible to RvR with comparable competition pre 50 in Battlegrounds, and PvE in those Battlegrounds if they’d like. Taking away from other areas isn’t going to cripple the server, may even increase the population on the server some in fact as those who just want to RvR can do so all the way to 50 with less PvE necessary. The economy for lower items would increase also for those wanting to park characters in some Battlegrounds and template their characters there too.

It’ll be a wait and see for now, Phoenix staff is working hard and having to undoubtably hold multitude of internal discussions about server things I’m sure. Must be exhausting and I’m just happy they’ve been willing to do that and run this server.
Mon 8 Apr 2019 5:55 PM by Ardri
The only way you're going to save BGs is by taking away the free suicide task rps/xp for lvl 35 and below. Then make BGs desirable for said lvls via bg xp items, good xp camps, and good Center Keep take credit.
Mon 8 Apr 2019 6:06 PM by chryso
Kralin wrote:
Fri 5 Apr 2019 9:09 PM
They are skipping them because other people aren't there and there isn't enough action.

One reason I have no desire to go to battlegrounds is because people have totally pimped out their character and are running with buff pots, etc.
If I have to do that much work to compete in the BGs then I may as well just go to 50 rvr.
Mon 8 Apr 2019 6:22 PM by Kralin
chryso wrote:
Mon 8 Apr 2019 6:06 PM
One reason I have no desire to go to battlegrounds is because people have totally pimped out their character and are running with buff pots, etc.
If I have to do that much work to compete in the BGs then I may as well just go to 50 rvr.

True there are some people that craft gear, make procs, etc. You don't have to do that and most people do not.

After leveling to 20+ in about 2-3 hours (solo or group timeframe about the same), I just go buy the invig regen endo pots and use the rogs that dropped during my levels. If I did want the buff pots I could do that too but I don't. It literally takes 5 min to run to housing entrance, search explorer for "invig" or whatever pot you want, and buy stacks for under just a few gold. It is not much work to "compete". My untemped Theurgist and Mentalist do just fine and it's fun....as long as there are other people there.

TL;DR: Level to 24 in 3 hours, use the gear that dropped along the way, spend 5 minutes "pimping" on housing, and you're good to go with capped stats, decent resists and some pots. 3 hours and 5 minutes to be highest level in Thid.
Mon 8 Apr 2019 7:37 PM by Marden
Ardri wrote:
Mon 8 Apr 2019 5:55 PM
The only way you're going to save BGs is by taking away the free suicide task rps/xp for lvl 35 and below. Then make BGs desirable for said lvls via bg xp items, good xp camps, and good Center Keep take credit.

Whats the connection between taking away task experience/realm points and reviving the battlegrounds? People keep parroting this without thinking it through.

In your scenario, why wouldn't people just plow through to 35 and continue to ignore the Battlegrounds? We have tons of xp items and bonus xp camps in the realms themselves and the frontiers as it is.

Something has to be done to make the Battlegrounds themselves more interesting, not just another avenue to level in - and I'm just not sure what that is.
Tue 9 Apr 2019 10:12 PM by Ardri
Marden wrote:
Mon 8 Apr 2019 7:37 PM
Ardri wrote:

Whats the connection between taking away task experience/realm points and reviving the battlegrounds? People keep parroting this without thinking it through.

In your scenario, why wouldn't people just plow through to 35 and continue to ignore the Battlegrounds? We have tons of xp items and bonus xp camps in the realms themselves and the frontiers as it is.

Something has to be done to make the Battlegrounds themselves more interesting, not just another avenue to level in - and I'm just not sure what that is.
Parroting without thinking...that's cute. In my scenario, there is more incentive to go to the BG beacuse it would give more rps/xp than the frontiers. How difficult is that for your parrot brain to understand? As it stands now, it's the exact opposite.

Why would i ever go to the BG when i can get better RPs in the frontiers for zero effort via suiciding?
Why would i ever go to the BG when i can get better XP in the frontiers for doing xp loot, getting mob type bonus, and going to much better camps?

BGs were never meant to be the end game in DAoC and for 90% of people, no matter what you do, it never will be.
Tue 9 Apr 2019 10:41 PM by PingGuy
Ardri wrote:
Tue 9 Apr 2019 10:12 PM
In my scenario, there is more incentive to go to the BG beacuse it would give more rps/xp than the frontiers.

Turning off the task for 35 and under will just piss people off. Moving it to the BG's for 35 and under would be fine though.
Tue 9 Apr 2019 11:12 PM by lolhisup
I think something should be done, I have seen it as well, so many people cap out and I guess they don't even know about the /rp off or /xp off commands. Thid has always been a blast for me but it is so dead these days. Battlegrounds in general, so dead. Used to be like maybe 4-5fg roaming around, now these days it is like at best, 1 fg from a realm will be there, and they try to take keep, and if they take it then it is basically dead for the day. But honestly it is usually worse than this population wise.

It was great for a while but once everyone started doing realm tasks instead, it killed bg.
Wed 10 Apr 2019 12:48 AM by Marden
Ardri wrote:
Tue 9 Apr 2019 10:12 PM
Marden wrote:
Mon 8 Apr 2019 7:37 PM
Ardri wrote:

Parroting without thinking...that's cute. In my scenario, there is more incentive to go to the BG beacuse it would give more rps/xp than the frontiers. How difficult is that for your parrot brain to understand? As it stands now, it's the exact opposite.

Why would i ever go to the BG when i can get better RPs in the frontiers for zero effort via suiciding?
Why would i ever go to the BG when i can get better XP in the frontiers for doing xp loot, getting mob type bonus, and going to much better camps?

BGs were never meant to be the end game in DAoC and for 90% of people, no matter what you do, it never will be.

Touchy much? It's a conversation, not a personal attack. Anyway.

Experience isn't the problem. There are plenty of avenues to level, and level quickly. You never made mention of increased RP in your original post. That's an after-the-fact argument you snuck in to try to support your point of view.

Why would anyone go to the Battlegrounds for experience? We already have what seems like a thread per day about "I died while getting experience" for the FZ's. Multiply that by 2 if the only incentive to go there is experience from bonus mobs.

If you're looking at increased RP, higher than what is available elsewhere, now you're on to something. But again, that wasn't in your original post :p
Wed 10 Apr 2019 2:18 PM by Ardri
Marden wrote:
Wed 10 Apr 2019 12:48 AM

Experience isn't the problem. There are plenty of avenues to level, and level quickly. You never made mention of increased RP in your original post. That's an after-the-fact argument you snuck in to try to support your point of view.

Why would anyone go to the Battlegrounds for experience? We already have what seems like a thread per day about "I died while getting experience" for the FZ's. Multiply that by 2 if the only incentive to go there is experience from bonus mobs.

If you're looking at increased RP, higher than what is available elsewhere, now you're on to something. But again, that wasn't in your original post :p

It's quite obvious when you take away the free task rps below lvl 35 that you will get more rps from going to the BGs and fighting people your lvl. Have you never played this game before Phoenix? Not worth the 15s to respond to you anymore.
Wed 10 Apr 2019 2:59 PM by PingGuy
Ardri wrote:
Wed 10 Apr 2019 2:18 PM
It's quite obvious when you take away the free task rps below lvl 35 that you will get more rps from going to the BGs and fighting people your lvl. Have you never played this game before Phoenix? Not worth the 15s to respond to you anymore.

No, it's not quite obvious. Without the task, "fighting" players your level gives exactly zero RP's. "Defeating" players your level does, but that's a much higher bar than completing the task. Just accept that the task is here and people like it. If you turn it off, people won't just go to the BG's, they'll go play another game, or level to 36 and do the task once they can.
Wed 10 Apr 2019 4:32 PM by Signus
Kralin wrote:
Fri 5 Apr 2019 9:09 PM
I want to make it clear that there are people out there that like to fight in the BGs just for the sake of fighting. Realm Points are not the reason we play in the BGs otherwise we wouldn't desire things like /rp off and /xp off.

It's obvious you can earn realm points easier in other ways (such as going to the frontiers, dying, zerging with higher level players...). I do not believe people are skipping the BGs because they don't need the scant realm points offered. They are skipping them because other people aren't there and there isn't enough action.

There has to be a solution to improving BG population for those of us (like me) that sometimes just want to fight less-stressful RvR where people don't have all their abilities and RAs. I hope the Devs realize there is a thread about the lack of BG population almost every week. There are many players that do want to see the BGs active for PvP reasons, not for realm-point-gaining reasons.

The OP's suggestion about reset NPC is ok with me but I hope there are other things in the works to help build interest.

This is very true. A reset NPC would be a step in the right direction.

But really, there are going to be people like me and you that go to the Battlegrounds on our own no matter what.

As you said, the problem is that there's no one to fight. You need a reason to bring OTHER people to the BGs, and let the action develop organically.

Once you get traffic going TO a place, people are more like to stick around and fight.

So there's two stages to the problem. Right now the door is outright shut, so even those that like going can't get in. Then we focus on bringing people in in general.
Wed 10 Apr 2019 4:35 PM by Signus
Ardri wrote:
Marden wrote:

This.

The best evidence, the most stark evidence that this is true... is that literally the day after the task system changed, the Battlegrounds died.

Change them back, and you get the BGs at least back on a stable footing.

It was a bad idea to reward players for dying to begin with. Risk vs reward should be at the heart of all things.
Wed 10 Apr 2019 4:36 PM by Marden
Ardri wrote:
Marden wrote:

Are you being willfully obtuse and/or combative? Not sure what I did to make you so angry.

To follow your argument, even if you don't want to take those "15s": what would make someone stop in the BG in your scenario? Why wouldn't they simply skip them altogether, like they already do, and just race to 35?
Wed 10 Apr 2019 4:38 PM by Signus
Marden wrote:
Wed 10 Apr 2019 4:36 PM
Ardri wrote:
Marden wrote:

Are you being willfully obtuse and/or combative? Not sure what I did to make you so angry.

To follow your argument, even if you don't want to take those "15s": what would make someone stop in the BG in your scenario? Why wouldn't they simply skip them altogether, like they already do, and just race to 35?

Because you can level quickly in the BGs, get some RPs that make leveling faster, and have some fun to break up the tedium?

Aka, the same reason people have used the Battlegrounds since they were released in 2002? And why they were using them until a month ago?
Wed 10 Apr 2019 4:41 PM by Marden
Signus wrote:
Wed 10 Apr 2019 4:38 PM
Marden wrote:
Ardri wrote:

Because you can level quickly in the BGs, get some RPs that make leveling faster, and have some fun to break up the tedium?

Aka, the same reason people have used the Battlegrounds since they were released in 2002? And why they were using them until a month ago?

But now you have the tasks. It changed everything, like everyone acknowledges. That's at the core of what I'm trying to say: people now have a much easier and quicker avenue to RP acquisition waiting for them with the Task system. Why stop in Thid or Cale when you can, instead, get 35 and get the same Realm Rank in a fraction of the time?

Something has to be done to incentivize participation beyond experience bonuses as the carrot. You can get a character to 35 without breaking a sweat.
Wed 10 Apr 2019 4:46 PM by Ardri
Marden wrote:
Are you being willfully obtuse and/or combative?

What? What did you just call me?! Son, you're forgetting yourself.

You have no idea what you're talking about lol.
Wed 10 Apr 2019 4:50 PM by Marden
Ardri wrote:
Wed 10 Apr 2019 4:46 PM
Marden wrote:
Are you being willfully obtuse and/or combative?

What? What did you just call me?! Son, you're forgetting yourself.

You have no idea what you're talking about lol.

Whatever, Mel.
Wed 10 Apr 2019 6:56 PM by Signus
Marden wrote:
Wed 10 Apr 2019 4:41 PM
Signus wrote:
Marden wrote:

But now you have the tasks. It changed everything, like everyone acknowledges. That's at the core of what I'm trying to say: people now have a much easier and quicker avenue to RP acquisition waiting for them with the Task system. Why stop in Thid or Cale when you can, instead, get 35 and get the same Realm Rank in a fraction of the time?

Something has to be done to incentivize participation beyond experience bonuses as the carrot. You can get a character to 35 without breaking a sweat.

That's what I said, isn't it? The task system needs to be reworked to focus on the BGs, not reward you for getting grey ganked in the frontiers. That's not gameplay to reward.
Wed 10 Apr 2019 8:24 PM by Marden
Signus wrote:
Wed 10 Apr 2019 6:56 PM
Marden wrote:
Wed 10 Apr 2019 4:41 PM
Signus wrote:

That's what I said, isn't it? The task system needs to be reworked to focus on the BGs, not reward you for getting grey ganked in the frontiers. That's not gameplay to reward.

You're absolutely right, if "reworking" it means significantly altering the system beyond just creating a minimum level. Most suggestions seem to be nothing more than things like "make it level 35" or "increase BG exp" to which I keep saying will have no impact on reviving the battlegrounds.

If they just make a minimum level to get task credit (lets say 35) and change nothing else? I don't see people stopping in the Battlegrounds, I see them racing to 35 for the much-quicker RR progress the tasks provide.

If they increase pve exp to increase people going there? People get ganked twice, decide "screw this" and go farm one of the multiple xp items available for all three realms in peace.

If you're suggesting a separate, BG-specific task system, then you're absolutely on to something.
Tue 16 Apr 2019 6:49 PM by Signus
So we're over a month into it, Thidrankia averages about 2 players at any given time.

No word from the devs. No changes in sight.

Are we to take it that the BGs are just left to die?
Thu 18 Apr 2019 5:29 PM by Kralin
Signus wrote:
Tue 16 Apr 2019 6:49 PM
So we're over a month into it, Thidrankia averages about 2 players at any given time.

No word from the devs. No changes in sight.

Are we to take it that the BGs are just left to die?

I sure hope not. I assume it means they are working on other things but a comment from the devs would be assuring. They just need to say "we are aware of the low population in the battlegrounds and will discuss this in the future."
Thu 18 Apr 2019 6:37 PM by Pops999
People voted with their feet. The rest of us don't need your BG's and are happy with the current realm task system.
Thu 18 Apr 2019 9:58 PM by lolhisup
BG is the only good thing about this game.
Fri 19 Apr 2019 7:10 PM by Turam
... the sad thing is, that while I applaud the team for their efforts and the usually fast response time, there is no sign of life or interest by the staff this time. Killed one of the most fun parts of the game...... and nothing.....
Fri 19 Apr 2019 7:34 PM by Signus
Pops999 wrote:
Thu 18 Apr 2019 6:37 PM
People voted with their feet..

If it suddenly became faster to level by walking to every city in the game world on foot, that would suddenly be what people did.

People do what is most profitable. Right now going to the BGs is not profitable. It's a daft comparison.
Fri 19 Apr 2019 7:34 PM by Signus
Turam wrote:
Fri 19 Apr 2019 7:10 PM
... the sad thing is, that while I applaud the team for their efforts and the usually fast response time, there is no sign of life or interest by the staff this time. Killed one of the most fun parts of the game...... and nothing.....

Even if they just said they have no plans to change it, I'd appreciate ANY input from them.
Tue 23 Apr 2019 11:23 PM by Pops999
Signus wrote:
Fri 19 Apr 2019 7:34 PM
Pops999 wrote:

If it suddenly became faster to level by walking to every city in the game world on foot, that would suddenly be what people did.

People do what is most profitable. Right now going to the BGs is not profitable. It's a daft comparison.

The only thing daft is you. Then why bother saving BG's just for you, the rest of us just want our welfare rp's.
Fri 26 Apr 2019 3:19 AM by Signus
Pops999 wrote:
Tue 23 Apr 2019 11:23 PM
Signus wrote:
Pops999 wrote:

The only thing daft is you. Then why bother saving BG's just for you, the rest of us just want our welfare rp's.

The same reason I'll save any gameplay feature that rewards people for actually playing the game. It results in a better, healthier game for everyone.
Fri 26 Apr 2019 6:37 AM by Lillebror
If you dont reward rps, you should not gain rps.

Frontiers should be 35+ only and bg`s for there level range. Could implement the task system there too if thats needed.
Leveling with just PvP gotta be a dream for learning your class and get some training before you get rofl stumt from the zerg at 50.
Sat 27 Apr 2019 11:12 AM by Pops999
Signus wrote:
Fri 26 Apr 2019 3:19 AM
Pops999 wrote:
Tue 23 Apr 2019 11:23 PM
Signus wrote:

The same reason I'll save any gameplay feature that rewards people for actually playing the game. It results in a better, healthier game for everyone.
I don't know about you, but my advancing my alts early up the RA ladder is gameplay.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Suggestions or the latest topics