Minotaure race and /level

Started 13 Jun 2018
by Rhyxos
in Suggestions
hey phoenix team and players,

I read that you will add the TOA races on your server and it s nice . But would it be possible to put the minotaure race as well? I don't talk about the minotaure class : mauler .
The minotaure race would give another race to play with without changing your plan about classes/rvr.
Midgard : warrior, Berserker, Thane, skald
Albion : armsman, mercenary, heretic, reaver
Hibernia : hero, warden, valewalker, blademaster
just more fun with classic daoc

The second suggestion is about /level.
I know that for people who reach the final level it could be great to start/try other class. But The /level command was one on the baddest idea on live server. This command made a difference between old players and new players. I m sure you want many people to play on phoenix for a long time.
But if other the years, new players come on phoenix but can't find anyone to play with from lvl 1 to lvl 20 because most of people start at lvl20, they will give up .. So phoenix could lost many players. We all know that getting xp on daoc is hard

If everyone start at the same level ,everybody could find people to xp with and faster than alone.
If everbody start at the same level, new player will learn from experienced players about their class, the quest, dungeon, they would join guild etc .

I'm on uthgard right now and there is new player coming all the time and it's a chance for them to xp with old player. it's better and faster !

thanks for reading.
Wed 13 Jun 2018 3:28 PM by Ceen
nooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Wed 13 Jun 2018 3:56 PM by Niix
Vote no. gtfo
Wed 13 Jun 2018 4:18 PM by Ragnar
No Cow plz
Wed 13 Jun 2018 6:10 PM by Uthred
Cows: We had a staff voting some time ago when we were discussing which races we want to implement and the result was pretty clear. Only ToA races and no cows. So cows wont be implemented on this server.

Level-Command: We dont have any plans to implement this when the server goes live.
Thu 14 Jun 2018 9:15 AM by Rhyxos
thanks for the quick answer
Fri 15 Jun 2018 1:52 AM by Isavyr
Why ToA classes? My feeling, along with many others, is that ToA marked the end of classic. Not just because of the artifacts and radical changes to gameplay in my opinion, but also that they also changed the balance of races. Nearly ever mid caster becomes Frostalf as it's so clearly optimal. Likewise with half-ogre for Fighters.

Am I wrong here? Does the Phoenix team like the aesthetics? The stat set? What exactly do they bring that improves the game?
Fri 15 Jun 2018 5:07 AM by Tokajer
I think races don't have an impact on the balance. Play what you want troll caster would be not a great idea 😂

So the 3 realms are much more balanced.

For me classic DAoC = no TOA. NF,DR,Cata,Laby was fine but TOA was not a good idea.
Fri 15 Jun 2018 7:13 AM by Uthred
From an aesthetic point of view we think that these races fit perfectly in our server and our setting. As it is quite easy to see, we are not a purely 1.65 server. Our motto is to create a classic inspired server. We also think that these races dont have an negative impact on the game because of the starting stats. I bet we will still see a lot of the other races.
Sun 17 Jun 2018 2:38 PM by Wilfu
Isavyr wrote:
Fri 15 Jun 2018 1:52 AM
Why ToA classes? My feeling, along with many others, is that ToA marked the end of classic. Not just because of the artifacts and radical changes to gameplay in my opinion, but also that they also changed the balance of races. Nearly ever mid caster becomes Frostalf as it's so clearly optimal. Likewise with half-ogre for Fighters.

Am I wrong here? Does the Phoenix team like the aesthetics? The stat set? What exactly do they bring that improves the game?

Half-orges were a balance to furbolg/troll fighter superiority. Frost-alf was for the alvalonion/lurikeen superiority. The new race stat allocation did bring some balance to the over all game.

I think it's more from an asstetic standpoint since end-game base stats mean very little. Once you are temped your stats will be maxxed anyways and base stats have little impact on that number.
Tue 19 Jun 2018 8:07 PM by Ashman
Tokajer wrote:
Fri 15 Jun 2018 5:07 AM
I think races don't have an impact on the balance.

frostalf says hi
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Suggestions or the latest topics