Help Archery By Combining the Buff Lines With Archery

Started 15 Feb 2019
by Pirhana7
in Suggestions
Archers are kinda in a tough place, they are decent archers but not great archers like they should be. To be a decent archer they really have to sacrifice their melee. So I have an idea that I think is doable and would greatly help.

Later down the road when Archers had their Archery system changed they also had their buff lines removed and added to their Archery skill line. Now Archers didn't have to split their specs, they got their buffs and archery all in one line. This allowed them to go a lot higher in that line to be better archers as well as helping their survivability because they had more points to put in melee along with having better buffs. the problem was the majority of people did not like the new archery side being more spell based like magic.

My idea is to have the best of both worlds, keeping the old archery system we have but removing the buff lines and just adding them right into the same line as archery for each class. So instead of splitting points and going half way In two skill lines you could go deep in one skill line and have your same abilities while having a few extra points t put in other lines like melee. The current problem with the archer buff lines is that barrel buffs and charges kinda pull away any benefit you would get by going high in that skill line. While Hunters stop around 32 in Beast, some Rangers go as little as 10 in Pathfinding. At the same time most Archers wont go over 35 in Archery. Now if it was 1 line, these classes would be able to go a lot higher in that one line and be better archers while also having extra points to help their melee lines or stealth.

Rangers: would get all their current Pathfinding skills at the same level in Archery. I think this is all they need to be in a great spot.

Hunters: would get all their Beast skill in the same level in Archery, Hunters also need their pet str/con buff to be instant, as well as a pet that moves that sprint speed. Currently Hunters charm spell has no purpose since summoned pets are stronger, let charm work on level 50 mobs to have a purpose.

Scouts: To be fair to scouts they should get buff in their Archery line just like they did when the old system changed. Give scouts the same dex/qui buff, spec AF buff, and Speed escape boost shout, Since Rangers and Hunters have their extra buffs / pet give scouts something that would fit, maybe an absorb buff since Alb is defensive themed.

Last thing, When the new Archery system was implemented the dex/qui buffs from archers was changed from 50/50 to 75/75 to be in line with the other best spec buffs like other classes get in their buff lines like Thanes, and Champs. I would like to see this as well so it would take away any reasoning to avoid speccing because you could just use "better" 75/75 charges instead of 50/50 buffs.

Please consider
Fri 15 Feb 2019 3:06 PM by Zansobar
The problem is then you have uber melee specced archers and at the same time uber archery specced archers, and Scouts would be insanely OP with all that and shield spec on top.

I think the devs (if they do anything to help bow damage) will give a bow dps boost at higher spec levels in bow. They will probably avoid the buff changes because those also buff evade and other elements not just bow damage.
Fri 15 Feb 2019 3:15 PM by inoeth
those dex/quick buffs were buffed alot earlier... in patch 1.69 btw

i think if hunters get their pets in the archery line that would be huge, otherwise is really hated this patch back in the days because it forced hunters to decide: high weapon/pet low bow or high bow/pet low melee or high melee/bow low pet
Fri 15 Feb 2019 4:53 PM by Pirhana7
Zansobar wrote:
Fri 15 Feb 2019 3:06 PM
The problem is then you have uber melee specced archers and at the same time uber archery specced archers, and Scouts would be insanely OP with all that and shield spec on top.

I think the devs (if they do anything to help bow damage) will give a bow dps boost at higher spec levels in bow. They will probably avoid the buff changes because those also buff evade and other elements not just bow damage.

How is it any different than a scout running dex/qui charge now?
When this change took place and everyone was givin the buffs in the new archery line they weren't OPd, they were well balanced. The melee lines were just a little better because of extra skill points. the things that put Rangers over the top were Buff bots and high physical defense RA.
I not trying to make anyone Op'd I think it would just balance them and mainly make archery stronger. I still see them losing to assassin and melee classes tho in strait melee even with these changes.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Suggestions or the latest topics