Add speed warps to the game - Add charge to the game

Started 15 Feb 2019
by Duukar
in Suggestions
At the moment mids and, to a smaller extent, hibs have a HUGE advantage with their group set ups.

Insta mez and the strong tank group configurations are leading to one rounding of targets at the start of many fights.

All the tanks have stocism and det and do HUGE amounts of damage. There is little fear of being extended as the support most often has speed throughout most of the encounter.

I dont see how Albion especially can counter a Mid group with Healers X 2 - Shaman - Skald - Savage - Savage - Warrior - 3rd Healer/Savage/BD/RM..

Its just a complete face roll set up and we have high RR mids running it.

Adding speedwarps to this game made things finally balanced.. Not eating insta mez and having 3-4 speed 6 high DPS tanks with det 9 and stocism collapsing on targets...

This game feels incredibly unbalanced. With speed warps the extend meta can at least have a CHANCE.... At the moment you have to extend PERFECTLY to have a chance. While these faceroll tank groups just rake in the RPs and increase their RR advantage.
Fri 15 Feb 2019 11:23 AM by Sepplord
Duukar wrote:
Fri 15 Feb 2019 11:06 AM
At the moment you have to extend PERFECTLY to have a chance

playing extend castergroups has always been a bit harder than a assisttrain based group...but balance has to be achieved at the highest skillevel. And being on the recieving end of well played extender-groups is a really painful experience imo

if you balance for lower skill-lvls then high-skilled players will all pick the hard-to-play setup and be OP since it was buffed to be at equal power on a lowerskillevel
Fri 15 Feb 2019 11:38 AM by Ceen
Also add disease to tanks to balance the speedwarp.
Fri 15 Feb 2019 11:49 AM by Sei
Well you Can control a tank assist and run? Adding charge without BG would be a huge nerf for caster grp cause you would be relying on having BOF to not die.
Fri 15 Feb 2019 12:05 PM by Takii
Speedwarps are cancer.
Fri 15 Feb 2019 12:15 PM by Tavi
Speedwarps in OF doesnt sound like a good idea... Too many choke points!
Fri 15 Feb 2019 2:41 PM by Drominchen
Insta DD enemy tanks on charge in (minstrel, dd charges) for speedbreak, slam leftover and debuff nuke it to death in seconds. Use disease and anytime snare on tanks, pet spam support -> win.
Fri 15 Feb 2019 3:19 PM by Tritri
100% disagree with your reasons, but I 100% agree with the speedwarp and charge add (and crocodile's tear ring effect)

Balancing speed is something DAoC did really well, you have to understand that :
in OF, Group chant speed allows a good group setup to avoid slower masses to an extend, since the masses often not have enough speedster to make the whole herd move at speed 5 or 6. So you can somewhat pick your fight if you are outnumbered and not just get facerolled

With ToA and later NF, they added crocodile's tear effect to allow huge zerg to all move at max speeds, but they also gave speedwarp to still allow people to pick their fight the best they can, running from fights they don't want thanks to it. That was a new layer of strategy.
And added charge to help tank deal with speedwarp

I would love to see how the meta would shift with these additions, but let's be honest : won't happen, or at least not until a long time (and rightfully so )
Fri 15 Feb 2019 4:22 PM by teiloh
Drominchen wrote:
Fri 15 Feb 2019 2:41 PM
Insta DD enemy tanks on charge in (minstrel, dd charges) for speedbreak, slam leftover and debuff nuke it to death in seconds. Use disease and anytime snare on tanks, pet spam support -> win.

A great way to kill afk groups
Fri 15 Feb 2019 6:55 PM by cuuchulain79
One change (it's obviously too late now) that I always wanted to see on a freeshard is:

Capping the max realm rank over time...for example until 2 months after launch max RR is 5/6...progressing to RR10 after a year.

I'm sure the people who can play the game 8-10 hours a day in a set group would be bummed out...but that's what...0.2% of the population? As easy and approachable as Phoenix is to a casual like me...having set groups almost rr8 one month after launch seems crazy...projecting numbers from the herald, I'm guessing we'll see rr10-11 set groups this summer.

I just think an evolving RR cap would only cause frustration for a very small amount of people, and keep the fun casual environment intact for a large amount of people.

That's just me though =)
Fri 15 Feb 2019 9:15 PM by Ceen
cuuchulain79 wrote:
Fri 15 Feb 2019 6:55 PM
One change (it's obviously too late now) that I always wanted to see on a freeshard is:

Capping the max realm rank over time...for example until 2 months after launch max RR is 5/6...progressing to RR10 after a year.

I'm sure the people who can play the game 8-10 hours a day in a set group would be bummed out...but that's what...0.2% of the population? As easy and approachable as Phoenix is to a casual like me...having set groups almost rr8 one month after launch seems crazy...projecting numbers from the herald, I'm guessing we'll see rr10-11 set groups this summer.

I just think an evolving RR cap would only cause frustration for a very small amount of people, and keep the fun casual environment intact for a large amount of people.

That's just me though =)
Would be nice but won't come.
Set grps will be rr10+ next month not in summer ^^
Fri 15 Feb 2019 9:33 PM by Luluko
cuuchulain79 wrote:
Fri 15 Feb 2019 6:55 PM

That's just me though =)
would be nice then those 24/7 players can make other toons until rr unlock, I just managed to finally get my last pieces for my final temp after 11+ tg runs and can maybe play 2hours a day and I am only rr4 will take months to hit rr6 with the slower rp gain from tasks then
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Suggestions or the latest topics