Lets have two speed 5 classes per realms.

Started 8 Jun 2018
by Pogo
in Suggestions
Bard/minst are mandatory anyways, maybe give skald stoicism and det ??? (feel free to throw ideas in the comments)

This would encourage people to leave their pk in smaller numbers.

Live server gave this buff to Healers Enchanters and Sorcerers. maybe you got a better idea? please share
Fri 8 Jun 2018 11:01 PM by Isavyr
I don't even follow your logic.

Midgard is already great in small-man, skalds don't need determination.
Fri 8 Jun 2018 11:19 PM by Pogo
you should realize that people wont group skalds anyone and just replace them with a better tank. please think before you post.
Sat 9 Jun 2018 2:24 AM by Mind
Pogo wrote:
Fri 8 Jun 2018 11:19 PM
you should realize that people wont group skalds anyone and just replace them with a better tank. please think before you post.

Yeah so just let only skalds / minstrels / bards have speed 5, this way people will group skalds?
Sat 9 Jun 2018 3:21 AM by Isavyr
Pogo wrote:
Fri 8 Jun 2018 11:19 PM
you should realize that people wont group skalds anyone and just replace them with a better tank.

I disagree with that assessment. Whether you're running casters or melee, speed 6 is too important to lose a Skald over. I don't think I've seen otherwise and groups succeed.
Sat 9 Jun 2018 6:02 AM by Wilfu
Any 8 man mid group is going to run a Skald, they are to good and versatile. They are beefy as hell, can dish insane damage and have lot's of mobility/CC. Unlike minst/bard they are a great dps addition to a group and do more for the group then what minst/bard does. Bard can spam mez/minor heals where a the skald can slow/stun/interrupt. Minst is even worse then those two, usually only being brought FOR the speed. Giving the realms another speed 5/6 option would negate the whole reason for these classes. Hell most Alb 8 mans just run a sorc since they can do far more then a minst.

Skald imho is the best speed 6 option out of all 3 realms, so much versatility in the option and isn't a wasted slot in combat.
Sat 9 Jun 2018 1:16 PM by Pogo
you guys are completely off topic, i'm hoping to add a speed 5 class on each realm. the only problem with this is keeping the skald useful is the process.
Sat 9 Jun 2018 1:31 PM by zubrowka
you want to play daoc or another game? skald already have deter 5 stoicism is for high tank not hybrid in case give stoicism to reaver and pal.. you are illogic
Sat 9 Jun 2018 1:34 PM by Pogo
like talking to an ape, you are boring.
Sat 9 Jun 2018 4:45 PM by Tydowen
Pogo wrote:
Fri 8 Jun 2018 9:51 PM
Bard/minst are mandatory anyways, maybe give skald stoicism and det ??? (feel free to throw ideas in the comments)
Have you ever play to uthgard 1.0, uthgard 2.0 or genesis/origins ?
Minstrel is not mandatory. It's a huge plus because of SOS nothing else.
alb can win without sos ? sure they can

Pogo wrote:
Fri 8 Jun 2018 9:51 PM
maybe give skald stoicism and det ???
Skald can already purchase determination... which is a really nice change. Already withtout deter you could see lots of skald in rvr groups on all the servers I quote above.
I am totally against give stoicism to skald.
Sat 9 Jun 2018 8:08 PM by Pogo
i'm just hoping to make people understand that adding an additional speed 5 class is quite easy to balance.
Sun 10 Jun 2018 8:47 AM by Fk_
On this patch level (even customized) it would be op... you said sorc speed 5? On one of the best solo classes already?
Sun 10 Jun 2018 2:11 PM by Pogo
on live server they gave mounts to every class, never herd any complains their. see the bigger picture
Sun 10 Jun 2018 4:53 PM by Isavyr
People don't want it here, Pogo. Go play live if you like live. Nothing wrong with that.
Sun 10 Jun 2018 6:32 PM by Pogo
at least find a counter argument, all i hear is blabla ego blabla
Mon 11 Jun 2018 12:09 AM by Isavyr
Pogo wrote:
Sun 10 Jun 2018 6:32 PM
at least find a counter argument, all i hear is blabla ego blabla

someone wrote: On this patch level (even customized) it would be op... you said sorc speed 5? On one of the best solo classes already?

It's custom. It would require a lot of balance for little gain. Of all the things that need attention, this is at the bottom of the list.
Mon 11 Jun 2018 12:58 AM by Pogo
you sound like a politician, any competent player knows you are lying. speed is one of thoes mechanics that does not impact the fight itself. also encouraging people to go pvp by offering a wider range of viable setups should not be at the bottom of the list.

i feel i'm wasting my time with you lot.
Mon 11 Jun 2018 4:43 AM by Ceen
Go live.
Mon 11 Jun 2018 7:37 PM by Wilfu
Speed most definitely affects the initial and possible outcome of a fight, be it 8v8 or 8vmob. The faster speed allows for quicker input into the affair. Engagement times are a whole lot different between speed 4 and speed 6. Giving every realm a speed 5 class on top of the speed 6 would cut that down drastically and make those speed 6 classes obsolete. Why take a minst/skald when you can take something more powerful?

Mounts are stupid weak and easily countered. They only come with speed 3 at max and are one hit drops. They were a work around for classes that used to have 30 minute run backs to combat. They are not comparable to what you are bitching about, and at this point you are bitching. People have given you so many counter points but you just refuse to acknowledge them and stick to your demands.
Tue 12 Jun 2018 6:52 AM by Uthred
Before this discussion gets out of hand, let me get some things clear.

Skalds get Det but NO Stoicism. Only full & light tanks will get Stoicism. We will NOT implement a second Speed 5 class, because it is not needed in our point of view. There will be NO horses in rvr-zones. MAYBE(<--) we will put in horses for pve-zones ONLY for cosmetic reasons.
Sun 17 Jun 2018 2:32 PM by Wilfu
Uthred wrote:
Tue 12 Jun 2018 6:52 AM
Before this discussion gets out of hand, let me get some things clear.

Skalds get Det but NO Stoicism. Only full & light tanks will get Stoicism. We will NOT implement a second Speed 5 class, because it is not needed in our point of view. There will be NO horses in rvr-zones. MAYBE(<--) we will put in horses for pve-zones ONLY for cosmetic reasons.

I think horses in PvE would be lovely, running through the overworld is stupid boring and RvR is the main focus of the game. Being able to get to leveling spots/farming spots faster would have no detrimental effects to the end-game.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Suggestions or the latest topics