Buff Bots

Started 13 May 2018
by MasterGiven
in Suggestions
I made this suggestion when registering on origins and thought i would make it here as well. Buff bots i suggest buff bots be allowed in pve and buff merchants only be allowed for rvr (with a lvl lower buff ) this is balanced meets everyone's requests
Sun 13 May 2018 4:08 AM by gruenesschaf
Buff bots and buff merchants were already discussed and decided against. We'll handle buffs with potions and item charges. Alchemy recipes will be posted soonish.
Fri 1 Jun 2018 10:27 PM by Vack
Too bad, not a deal breaker, but the buff merchants were one of the best implements of DAOC ever. Kept the playing field level without extra accounts.
Sat 2 Jun 2018 3:21 PM by oslo
Every one must play with only one char, only one account .
Some class like friar become useless versus full buffed class , how they can play if every one got buffbot ?
Sat 2 Jun 2018 8:02 PM by Niix
Adding potions instead of buff bots is irrelevant tbh... the game needs to be balanced around something.

If you allow potions or buff bots then the heroes need to be balanced assuming they all have them and if you don't then you're at severe disadvantage, I would argue the daoc game was slowly over time balanced around assumption of full buffs.
Sun 3 Jun 2018 4:06 AM by Wilfu
Niix wrote:
Sat 2 Jun 2018 8:02 PM
Adding potions instead of buff bots is irrelevant tbh... the game needs to be balanced around something.

If you allow potions or buff bots then the heroes need to be balanced assuming they all have them and if you don't then you're at severe disadvantage, I would argue the daoc game was slowly over time balanced around assumption of full buffs.

Potions are a one shot and far lower in str then yel/red buffs. This is most likely part to keep the server load down since everyone being required to have a buffbot would really fuck with the load. Not having a buff merchant is a programing thing i'd think, time investment which may be revisited at a later date. The potions are already in the game and are an easy solution to the overall problem. Potions are fine imho, they give solo/stealth groups a buff option while keeping the support role of the buff classes there and not turning them into just bot classes.
Sun 3 Jun 2018 3:46 PM by Niix
Wilfu wrote:
Sun 3 Jun 2018 4:06 AM
Niix wrote:

Potions are a one shot and far lower in str then yel/red buffs. This is most likely part to keep the server load down since everyone being required to have a buffbot would really fuck with the load. Not having a buff merchant is a programing thing i'd think, time investment which may be revisited at a later date. The potions are already in the game and are an easy solution to the overall problem. Potions are fine imho, they give solo/stealth groups a buff option while keeping the support role of the buff classes there and not turning them into just bot classes.

That's fine and understandable, honestly i don't really care either way... what I do want and not sure if this has been answered or not, but will it be allowed to duel box for leveling my friends character and mine? so they stay in the same level range and we can play together when we're both able to be on? It may be considered buff botting as my friend planning on playing a bard, anyone know?
Sun 3 Jun 2018 6:04 PM by Wilfu
Niix wrote:
Sun 3 Jun 2018 3:46 PM
Wilfu wrote:
Sun 3 Jun 2018 4:06 AM
Niix wrote:

That's fine and understandable, honestly i don't really care either way... what I do want and not sure if this has been answered or not, but will it be allowed to duel box for leveling my friends character and mine? so they stay in the same level range and we can play together when we're both able to be on? It may be considered buff botting as my friend planning on playing a bard, anyone know?

No idea but i doubt they would have much problem with it so long as theres no multiboxxing in rvr. Buff bots as a concept are what they don't want so theres a limit on range of buffs like live.
Mon 4 Jun 2018 6:05 AM by cdc
See the Accounts policy in the Server Rules, 1.1 and 1.2.1 are the relevant sections here. If you are 'botting' a friend's account or your own, your actions will be subject to a GM's discretion at the time, regardless of your personal circustances. From a GM's perspective (and in fact from an onlooker reporting suspicious activity), there is really very little difference between 'levelling a friends toon' and 'using a second account as a bot', espcially if these are both logged from the same location. The safest bet is to simply log on a different character while your friend is offline, as if your described activity is picked up by a GM you will most likely suffer consequences on both your friends' and your own accounts, which will not make either of you very happy.

Consider this from a GM point of view rather than your own, and play it safe if your actions can be interpreted in a bad light, or else there is no deterrent in place for people who abuse possible circumstances ... it really is a black and white type situation, proceed with caution.
Mon 4 Jun 2018 3:49 PM by Niix
cdc wrote:
Mon 4 Jun 2018 6:05 AM
See the Accounts policy in the Server Rules, 1.1 and 1.2.1 are the relevant sections here. If you are 'botting' a friend's account or your own, your actions will be subject to a GM's discretion at the time, regardless of your personal circustances. From a GM's perspective (and in fact from an onlooker reporting suspicious activity), there is really very little difference between 'levelling a friends toon' and 'using a second account as a bot', espcially if these are both logged from the same location. The safest bet is to simply log on a different character while your friend is offline, as if your described activity is picked up by a GM you will most likely suffer consequences on both your friends' and your own accounts, which will not make either of you very happy.

Consider this from a GM point of view rather than your own, and play it safe if your actions can be interpreted in a bad light, or else there is no deterrent in place for people who abuse possible circumstances ... it really is a black and white type situation, proceed with caution.

The difference is that buff bots are not in the group soaking exp and there is no end game to have them sitting at a border keep afk providing bots. I view both scenarios very differently, only argument I can understand is server stress reduction.
Tue 5 Jun 2018 12:00 AM by cdc
Here is the relevant rules to be aware of:

1.1 Multiple Phoenix accounts are not permitted and will be banned without warning. There may only be one account per person. Measures are incorporated to detect multiple user accounts.

1.2.1 Sharing accounts is NOT strictly prohibited but is done so at the user's own risk. The problem with sharing accounts is that it makes it almost impossible to determine who is playing the account, and thus both players (and both their accounts) become responsible for any misconduct on either account. Be safe and just don’t do it.

If you decide to ignore them and a GM takes action against your account, don't say you were not warned. I have closed this topic as I believe that the OP has been answered completely, and further argument on the topic is not required.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Suggestions or the latest topics