Midgard and Stoicism - A Thane Proposal

Started 9 May 2018
by Ardri
in Suggestions
Below are the class changes that affect CC.

Alb: Arms/Merc get stoicism. Friar/Pala/Reaver get det.
Mid: Warrior/Zerker/Savage get stoicism. Skald/Thane get det.
Hib: Hero/BM get stoicism. Champ/Vale/Warden get det.

As you can see mid gets 3 stoicism classes, while the others get 2. I get that savage is considered a light tank, but a passive 25% reduction to CC that you don't have to train is extremely strong. Savage is already arguably the highest melee dps in classic setting. Good savages on Uthgard completely rip'd people. Does it really need more of a buff?

Thane needs something more than det 3 to become viable. As is, the Thane is a poor man's Warrior. Who is going to run a lack luster Thane when you have warrior/zerk/savage with stoicism/det completely melting people? Wouldn't it make more sense for the sub par shield class to get stoicism like the heavy tanks in each realm?

Paladin gets det + 2k endo range.
Warden gets det + cure disease/poison + better heals
Thane gets det + ...nothing because it's going to be a dead class

Remember, hardly anyone played Thane until they got doomhammer. Mythic knew Thane's needed love. I hope Phoenix knows too.
Wed 9 May 2018 8:42 PM by Seigmoraig
So mid should get 4 classes with Stoitism ?
Wed 9 May 2018 9:55 PM by Ardri
No. The proposal is to take it away from savage and give it to thane.
Wed 9 May 2018 10:09 PM by gruenesschaf
Hybrids will not get stoicism. Other suggestions on how to buff the thane are welcome.

Personal opinion:
Thane, Paladin and Friar are generally fine in pve / keep takes / zergs but all of them need something more to really be a viable choice on paper given the alternatives.
Wed 9 May 2018 10:10 PM by Krishprolls
There is no logic with what you're saying, only thing we get from it is that you want to play thane. You could at least propose to give stoicism to a 3rd class on Hib and Alb to hide it

Det 3 = 50% CC reduction not good enough?
Wed 9 May 2018 11:42 PM by Ardri
gruenesschaf wrote:
Wed 9 May 2018 10:09 PM
Hybrids will not get stoicism. Other suggestions on how to buff the thane are welcome.

Personal opinion:
Thane, Paladin and Friar are generally fine in pve / keep takes / zergs but all of them need something more to really be a viable choice on paper given the alternatives.

Ok, so what do each of these classes get that makes them viable? Paladin is good because 2k endo + det, friar is good because red resists + det, thane is good because det + ...can't think of much.

I also pointed out how wardens were buffed, but i i'm not seeing anything for thane. Maybe we can make Static Tempest a good RA where it's not affected by stun immunity (similar to warden TWF on Uthgard).
Thu 10 May 2018 2:52 PM by Seigmoraig
gruenesschaf wrote:
Wed 9 May 2018 10:09 PM

Personal opinion:

I would have loved to see the Friar get the heal styles, but I think that was denied earlier this year.
Thu 10 May 2018 9:18 PM by Tokajer
In my opinion patch 1.83+ would be the best.

So all classes get buffed and balanced. So no customizing is needed.

Make a poll to see what the community think.
Fri 18 May 2018 4:41 PM by Uthred
Nice Buff for Thanes: https://playphoenix.online/viewtopic.php?f=2&p=2038#p2038
But no Stoicism.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Suggestions or the latest topics