Pre requisite for Mastery of Pain

Started 8 May 2018
by Krishprolls
in Suggestions
Hi,

I feel like it has always been strange to have to spec AUG DEXT to be able to unlock Mastery Of Pain for STR base melees (and there's a lot).

What do you think of implementing an OR condition as a pre requisite of MOP ? Like either AUG DEXT 3 or AUG STR 3 to unlock it.
Same goes for Hail of Blows: AUG QUICK would be more logical.
Sat 12 May 2018 11:31 PM by Krishprolls
Nothing to say about this? :
Thu 17 May 2018 10:09 AM by oslo
Any part of thrust damages dépend of dext if i remember.

But part of STR for all .
Thu 17 May 2018 11:25 AM by Hedien
oslo wrote:
Thu 17 May 2018 10:09 AM
Any part of thrust damages dépend of dext if i remember.

But part of STR for all .

Then do a conditional for classes not using thrust? Or if a conditional is too complex to map, do a either or condition : if either dext or str is achieved at lvl 3, then this RA is unlocked.

Hed.
Thu 17 May 2018 12:52 PM by amoz
DW classes gets DR and shield classes gets MoB anyway. If you change to Aug Str as prerequisite you will have to get both Aug Str and Aug Dex.
Thu 17 May 2018 6:39 PM by Krishprolls
amoz wrote:
Thu 17 May 2018 12:52 PM
DW classes gets DR and shield classes gets MoB anyway. If you change to Aug Str as prerequisite you will have to get both Aug Str and Aug Dex.

What about the skalds? Or any War/Hero/Champ that have access to MoB but don't really go for it in RvR?
They only need Aug Str.
Fri 18 May 2018 5:25 AM by amoz
Why wouldn't War/Hero/Champ go for MoB? Skald is probably they only class this would benefit and I don't think they need more buffs after getting Determination.
Fri 18 May 2018 1:45 PM by Kralin
Changing prerequisites is getting too far into the weeds. Once you mess with one, everyone else will want something else changed.
Sat 19 May 2018 2:26 AM by Hedien
Kralin wrote:
Fri 18 May 2018 1:45 PM
Changing prerequisites is getting too far into the weeds. Once you mess with one, everyone else will want something else changed.

I disagree. Changing a flawed logic, is what these posts are about.
The logic of enabling hybrid to have deter was correcting previous logic that the meta would be viable for those hybrid class without.

To me it is not the same proportion i.e. game sustainability topic.
Just saving "I am a skald not needing dext, but if I want to hit harder I need dext" is the same type of flawed logic that could, and in my opinion, should be corrected.

Hed.
Wed 30 May 2018 5:15 PM by JimD
i play 8v8 but want ip, i dont need FA for 8v8, can u just get ip for 14 points pls?
Wed 30 May 2018 7:59 PM by Kralin
JimD wrote:
Wed 30 May 2018 5:15 PM
i play 8v8 but want ip, i dont need FA for 8v8, can u just get ip for 14 points pls?

That's what I'm saying...if the server messes with too many prerequisites due to "flawed logic", then where do we stop? Mythic had many flawed decisions and part of the charm is keeping that crap in the game. That or we end up with a server with so many custom changes that it doesn't resemble DAOC anymore.
Thu 31 May 2018 6:44 AM by cdc
Take a step back and look at it from an immersive pov rather than a min max pov. Crit is about precision, not strength, which is a dexterity attribute. Historically (in game terms) Crit has always been in the realm of the rogue, not the warrior because of this logic. Thus you could actually look at as being lucky that the game system allows you as a str based character to take Crit ras at all, albeit with a minor overhead cost. Dex is not a useless Stat on any str based character in any case, as parry is a thing, whether you choose to ignore it or not Arguing that you don't want to pay the price for an RA that is arguably off-class seems a little bit misdirected, IMO.
Thu 31 May 2018 8:51 PM by Larko
immerse yourself in this. the stronger i am, the more critical my hit will be.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Suggestions or the latest topics