Buffcap

Started 30 Apr 2018
by Ashman
in Suggestions
the current non-buffbot/npc policy has a big downside to it, namely not enough buffs for your own group (8man).

this could be prevented by removing the 20 buffcap or raising it (30 for example).

-shamans are usually the only specbuff class in a group and have to spec buff 8 people plus end (3x8=24)
preferably 2 own basebuffs and casters in need for int buffs are not even included.

-clerics are mostly paired in a group which leads to 5 buffs for each member in a full alb group (40/8)
this leads to sacrifices of base and spec buffs and also makes spec af buffs impossible.
on top of that the necromancer cant fit in a full group because he basically counts as more than one.

-druids are only affected if they are the only specbuffer in a full group (possible due to changes of hybrid single spec heals)
in that case its almost as bad as shaman (haste,int)

additionally no realm is able to buff their pets properly or at all
Mon 7 May 2018 7:37 AM by Disco
I am absolutely against it.

Well, I have played different Classic servers on all ranges with 20 Buffcap and that was never a problem.
If you increase the cap you have in the result for example fullbuffed immortal thick red minstrel pets in the rvr, no thanks.
In addition, the buffers have more to do than already and it is even worse if this time dies.

Nobody needs buffed pets.
Use a few Buff/Charge items and everything cool.
Tue 8 May 2018 2:13 PM by cptstoni
Disco wrote:
Mon 7 May 2018 7:37 AM
In addition, the buffers have more to do than already and it is even worse if this time dies.

sorry what?
Tue 8 May 2018 2:19 PM by Ashman
Disco wrote:
Mon 7 May 2018 7:37 AM
Nobody needs buffed pets.
Use a few Buff/Charge items and everything cool.

1. theres still a concentration pool
2. not talking about the elite,the elite will always find a way even without buffs
are you gonna make the casuals use pots and charges? i find that highly unlikely
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Suggestions or the latest topics