RoG Drop rate

Started 25 Mar 2018
by Mancave
in Suggestions
Personal opinion - but i think the drop rate at a certain point is too high.

The issue we will have is salvagers will make LOADS of $ very quickly. I think that a high drop rate 1-5, then each 5 levels it tapers down some.. so 10 would be less, 15 less, 20 less, 25 less...

The lower levels will go quick, so quick RoG drop rate will be important.. but at certain levels it will be too high and create an imbalanced/zero challenge economy.
Sun 25 Mar 2018 10:29 PM by Mancave
Another option is to keep the RoG drop rate higher, but reduce the salvage amount of these items.
Sun 25 Mar 2018 10:45 PM by Throck
Mancave wrote:
Sun 25 Mar 2018 10:29 PM
Another option is to keep the RoG drop rate higher, but reduce the salvage amount of these items.

I agree, but too add to this, it might be a good idea to make them vendor for less as well. I got my first gold at lvl 6 and was over 70 gold at lvl 20. This seems great at first, but I feel like it makes things a little to easy to afford to early on (crafting materials for instance).
Mon 26 Mar 2018 6:25 AM by amoz
If crafting is easier/cheaper it just means more people can equip more characters faster.
More characters in RvR instead of stuck farming. This is a good thing.
Mon 26 Mar 2018 3:03 PM by Throck
amoz wrote:
Mon 26 Mar 2018 6:25 AM
If crafting is easier/cheaper it just means more people can equip more characters faster.
More characters in RvR instead of stuck farming. This is a good thing.

To some extent I agree, but crafting is already cheaper and easier here then on other servers. There are people who enjoy PvE and crafting and the challenges associated with them as well. If you take all of the challenge out of the game you might lose those people as well is all I am trying to say. I do not want to be stuck farming all the time either, but I also enjoy the sense of accomplishment from being a crafter and earning gear etc.
Mon 26 Mar 2018 3:39 PM by Seigmoraig
My main problem with the drop rate of RoG is that you fill up your inventory too fast and if you are a pencil armed caster you become encumbered really fast

/Vault would probably mitigate this issue
Mon 26 Mar 2018 5:06 PM by Kohi
The issue we will have is salvagers will make LOADS of $ very quickly.
I don't see this as a bad thing. I mean, some prefer going rvr bash enemies while some want to craft or quest. It's the same as IRL : u can study and go working and earn good money, or being a night owl spending time in nightclubs, being popular but always broke. If the salvage mechanism exists, it's for a reason, and it's open to everyone, feel free to bash mobs, get drops and salv them instead of killing ennemies and getting RPs + fame. It's all a question of choices/priorities.

The lower levels will go quick, so quick RoG drop rate will be important.. but at certain levels it will be too high and create an imbalanced/zero challenge economy.
There are people who enjoy PvE and crafting and the challenges associated with them as well. If you take all of the challenge out of the game you might lose those people as well.
Higher droprate : crafters make lots of gold through salvage, can craft more items and provide a larger offer in the HZ which will decrease the prices (thats good for the buyers). Why would the droprate at higher lvls create an imbalanced/non-challenging economy ? Sorry, i don't get it. We're talking from Rogs, not rare items, right ?
Also, the concept of challenge is somehow difficult to understand for me in terms of crafting, as it was always more time-consuming as challenging for me. ^^

Aehm... How much more time do you want crafters to hang out at a forge/table ? ;-)

If crafting is easier/cheaper it just means more people can equip more characters faster. More characters in RvR instead of stuck farming. This is a good thing.
Here you go. =) I don't think that Phoenix decided to simplify crafting just for fun. They learned from Uthgard's and other shards errors, and understood that we're living in 2018, and that Daoc was an old game : people coming here are usually not daoc noobs, they don't want to spend hours crafting/farming, they want to get gear and go rvr, having fun, etc. There is not much anymore to discover, considering the age of this game. Playing is the main goal, not grinding.

Please don't get mad at me, but it's up to anybody to either craft, rvr or farm. You have the choice to spend hours at a forge and do hinges instead of breaking skulls, because u need that money for something. Why should u be penalized for it ? Same for crafting MPs, it takes lots of mats and lots of time. The internal economy only become imbalanced when people decide to overprice their items when realizing that the offer is limited, while and because nobody takes time to craft items and provide them in the HZ. And when does this happen usually ? When the droprate sucks and it takes too much efforts to get decently rewarded for the time spent into crafting, because somebody suggested to modify the existing system in order to prevent ... imbalance. Uthgard did such errors which led to the issues we all know (overpriced items, lack of offer, spots overcamped, crafters only crafting for friends+guild, crafters getting farmed on the way to keeps, etc).
Food for thought.
Fri 30 Mar 2018 12:11 AM by Brotatochip
Not a fan of reducing drop rates as it's pretty bad while soloing in the low lvls....I would recommend reducing drop rates 15+ where it takes longer to gain levels. just my 2 cents
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Suggestions or the latest topics