Underpowered Classes

Started 1 Jun 2020
by Nephamael
in Suggestions
Cleric: could have melee styles = the ability to peel
that change would make the class more fun to play and give it something to compare to a druid with his pet or a healer/shams utility

Wizard: Wizards could have disease or a stun, or both in the fire specline

Warden: needs either cure nearsight + spec grpheal (like friar has it)or shieldspec to be a fully viable class, either as a healer or a peeler

Bard: Bard is not a weak class, but in comparison to sorc/healer/minst he is underpowered, i suggest giving him 2nd dd to get somewhat close to matching a minstrels interrupt power (would still leave him ccable and without pet)

Runemaster: needs a mezz or stun or pet or disease
Mon 1 Jun 2020 6:10 AM by Cadebrennus
Give Wardens Shield spec.
Mon 1 Jun 2020 7:10 AM by gotwqqd
Hah
Wizard with more utility ?
Mon 1 Jun 2020 8:54 AM by Lollie
Overall the warden is fine, allbeit it a bit boring but giving wardens access to slam+twf might be a bit too much, if you didnt have purge up then you'd lose at least 1k hp by the time you clear the field, and thats not counting the damage the warden is doing hitting on you.

Wizards really dont need anything else.

Clerics smite line needs a tweak, at least increase range to 1500 but they dont need any styles.

Bads probably could do with the extra dd as it's not exactly going to tip the balance

Runnies, not too sure about to be honest, just no disease as it's ridiculous in it's current form, maybe some sort of ghetto mezz like air theurgs have?

Anyway, i dont think there are any underpowered classes on Phoenix just some line are worse than others (mentalism for example).

All my 2 cents.
Mon 1 Jun 2020 9:42 AM by inoeth
imo warden needs shield+twf+static so he can kill a whole zerg alone lul
Mon 1 Jun 2020 9:53 AM by Razur Ur
give champion rr5 ability and endureduce chant :-D
Mon 1 Jun 2020 11:01 AM by Mandredz
Nephamael wrote:
Mon 1 Jun 2020 4:36 AM
Cleric: could have melee styles = the ability to peel
that change would make the class more fun to play and give it something to compare to a druid with his pet or a healer/shams utility

Wizard: Wizards could have disease or a stun, or both in the fire specline

Warden: needs either cure nearsight + spec grpheal (like friar has it)or shieldspec to be a fully viable class, either as a healer or a peeler

Bard: Bard is not a weak class, but in comparison to sorc/healer/minst he is underpowered, i suggest giving him 2nd dd to get somewhat close to matching a minstrels interrupt power (would still leave him ccable and without pet)

Runemaster: needs a mezz or stun or pet or disease

Hmmm i think you Don't play the good game.

Btw up couldron is a better idea i think. it's pretty useless, Nobody can use it, they kill it in the first 2 sec.
Mon 1 Jun 2020 11:19 AM by Siouxsie
Give Hunters Remedy RA.
Mon 1 Jun 2020 4:17 PM by daytonchambers
"Wants to address underpowered classes"

"Lists Wizard and asks for more utility, despite earth being buffed to a stupid extreme"

This is a joke thread
Tue 2 Jun 2020 5:05 PM by Nephamael
Earthwizards are doing pretty well in zerg, but so does a mana mentalist i am speaking about 8v8 balance, where no serious group could ever grp a wizard as his utility and dps cant compete with a cabba or sorc.
Tue 2 Jun 2020 5:08 PM by Nephamael
Overall the warden is fine, allbeit it a bit boring but giving wardens access to slam+twf might be a bit too much, if you didnt have purge up then you'd lose at least 1k hp by the time you clear the field, and thats not counting the damage the warden is doing hitting on you.

Reavers do have TWF too and slam and arent considered too op.

besides i personally prefer the idea to give wardens cure nearsight and a grp specheal over shield, as it would make the warden evenly viable like a friar is who has both
Tue 2 Jun 2020 6:31 PM by imweasel
ExcretusMaximus wrote:
Mon 1 Jun 2020 10:11 PM
Underplayed =/= Underpowered

I don't know why you think that as the devs believe that something over played is evidence that it deserves the nerf bat.
Tue 2 Jun 2020 8:21 PM by Cadebrennus
imweasel wrote:
Tue 2 Jun 2020 6:31 PM
ExcretusMaximus wrote:

I don't know why you think that as the devs believe that something over played is evidence that it deserves the nerf bat.

Just check out what they said regarding Archers.
Tue 2 Jun 2020 8:29 PM by Astaa
Bonedancers, minstrels

Seriously over played classes, not even a sniff of a fix.
Tue 2 Jun 2020 9:41 PM by Astaa
66 mincers
61 ranger

I imagine this will be a quick fix? no?

Or will the untouchable class just get more toys?
Tue 2 Jun 2020 10:34 PM by Azrael
Since I am running out of drugs but you ,obviously, got plenty, would you mind to spare some?
Tue 2 Jun 2020 10:50 PM by Runental
Azrael wrote:
Tue 2 Jun 2020 10:34 PM
Since I am running out of drugs but you ,obviously, got plenty, would you mind to spare some?

Count me in _______________//
Tue 2 Jun 2020 11:19 PM by imweasel
Cadebrennus wrote:
Tue 2 Jun 2020 8:21 PM
imweasel wrote:
Tue 2 Jun 2020 6:31 PM
ExcretusMaximus wrote:

Just check out what they said regarding Archers.

I know. It's a shame that they are using that as an 'explanation' for nerfing archers and paying no attention to minstrels. Now assassins are back to there normal 3-4 stealth gank squads.

Literally zero progress for all that hard work. They should just stop trying to balance and just fix bugs and make qol changes. Leave styles alone for heavens sake!
Wed 3 Jun 2020 12:30 AM by Nephamael
Think about it this way - all the changes i suggest are minor power ups for heavily underpowered and underplayed classes (mostly underplayed for the reason of being 2 weak).

There is no reason to nerf characters currently, but there is reason to buff the ones i mentioned. None of my suggested changes would make the respective class any close to OP, just playable and viable and more fun when it comes to cleric.
Wed 3 Jun 2020 4:28 AM by Cadebrennus
Nephamael wrote:
Wed 3 Jun 2020 12:30 AM
Think about it this way - all the changes i suggest are minor power ups for heavily underpowered and underplayed classes (mostly underplayed for the reason of being 2 weak).

There is no reason to nerf characters currently, but there is reason to buff the ones i mentioned. None of my suggested changes would make the respective class any close to OP, just playable and viable and more fun when it comes to cleric.

I would like to see more Smite Clerics and Nature Druids. More playstyles means a greater variety of enemies and more fun for everyone IMO.
Wed 3 Jun 2020 7:19 AM by borodino1812
I don't play Albion much, but 1350 range on the Smite Cleric should surely be upped to 1500.
Wed 3 Jun 2020 10:35 AM by genova
Could up underpowered Spiritmaster too.

Pet's SM could cast dd, stun at 1500range like Fenryr pet. Intercept will work if pet's SM is mezz too.
Mezz single, AE mezz SM up range to 1850 like Sorc. Debuff rupt all cast enemy.
And give speed, PURGE break CC pet too.

Thanks you
Wed 3 Jun 2020 11:16 AM by Blitze
I find SMs much harder to kill than Mins when playing my friar.

They are a tough class with 2 CCs, good damage, great health. They aren’t as good as BDs and are so similar, I think that’s why the are underplayed.
Thu 4 Jun 2020 10:57 AM by Chihuahua
genova wrote:
Wed 3 Jun 2020 10:35 AM

Pet's SM could cast dd, stun at 1500range like Fenryr pet. Intercept will work if pet's SM is mezz too.

Thanks you

I think SM's should also get base buffs, spec buffs, speed 5, baseline stun and perhaps 4 pets total like BD has.
Thu 4 Jun 2020 6:03 PM by gotwqqd
Chihuahua wrote:
Thu 4 Jun 2020 10:57 AM
genova wrote:
Wed 3 Jun 2020 10:35 AM

Thanks you

I think SM's should also get base buffs, spec buffs, speed 5, baseline stun and perhaps 4 pets total like BD has.
I think pbt would go well with intercepting pet...of course it applies to pet also
Thu 4 Jun 2020 11:50 PM by Nephamael
SM is still very strong vs any melee class, and a lot stronger vs casters than let's say a necro that's equally strong vs melees. SM is a very strong 1v1 toon overall, but he struggles in 8v8 cause his set doesn't bring more than demezz and a sturdy caster.

If you run a Mid Castergrp, you can run another BD instead of an SM so why wouldn't you while you have 2 demezz on the 2 healers in any mid grp.

If mid grps played just 1 Healer /like hib plays 1 Bard every serious grp would play sm for the demezz.... but Healer is pretty strong so doesn't hurt anyone to bring 2 (or even 3).

I guess SM pet could be oj to 50 to rupt moc like minst/menty, but that's the only thing i can think of making him more viable for 8v8 without making him op for 1v1.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Suggestions or the latest topics