The basics..including minstrels..

Started 18 May 2020
by Sek
in Suggestions
https://postimg.cc/v1sZTtwm
Rebollon - Animist - Level 37 - Realm Rank 1L8 - Sylvan Savant
Patatebio - Valewalker - Level 50 - Realm Rank 6L4 - Celt Silverhand

I understand the concept of balancing the classes so anyone too lazy to raise another character or exclusively willing to play their beloved class is given the chance to nullify any other without great effort nor knowledge to please the mass, to ensure the community happiness.. well this is offensively ludicrous in most part, the multiple so-called revamps or custom changes are slowly turning this daoc classic freeshard into a daoc live alike wiping out every ability and balance classes were originally provided with. I believe the community is not interested in investing time into a freeshard only because of the FREE-OF-CHARGE feature, the 1.65 classic part has its importance and given as an example the attached link enlightening the ridiculous amount of damage an higher pet level is dealing to a target, a Valewalker there. a barghest level 57 deals up to 120 damage or so, often less than a yellow/orange pet.
You give DET, increase hps, grant snare to most of classes and provide every realm with SOS, yet you decide to decrease pets damages and not boost minstrel CC abilities.
I am not bound to any realm nor any class, i am just messing around with different characters because i am fond of Dark age of Camelot and the classic alike feature, i always wanted to play a minstrel, this is still a decent class regardless of the many nerfs yet this is far from the great minstrel class i used to face, even envy sometimes.
Few classes used to be more powerful than other and that shouldn't be changed, a red pet dealing the amount of damage its supposed to deal can always be turned against the one charming it or prevented from removing CC out of it when you are familiar with the mechanics, there is no logical reasoning in complying with players not willing to understand the upsides and downsides of a class, no class is above other, there are only situations. Make daoc 1.65 alike great again.
Only a voice among other.
Mon 18 May 2020 5:58 PM by joshisanonymous
Honestly, if you think minstrel is now a weak class, then you might not understand the mechanics of the game yourself.
Mon 18 May 2020 6:33 PM by Sek
Sek wrote:
Mon 18 May 2020 3:12 PM
this is still a decent class regardless of the many nerfs yet this is far from the great minstrel class i used to face, even envy sometimes.
smart replies appreciated
Mon 18 May 2020 6:40 PM by joshisanonymous
Sek wrote:
Mon 18 May 2020 6:33 PM
Sek wrote:
Mon 18 May 2020 3:12 PM
this is still a decent class regardless of the many nerfs yet this is far from the great minstrel class i used to face, even envy sometimes.
smart replies appreciated

Sure, you said that, but your post was predicated from start to finish on the idea that minstrels aren't strong enough.
Mon 18 May 2020 6:42 PM by Sek
i quote facts, either reply to proove me wrong or encourage me otherwhise just leave it, trying to be constructive there, thanks.
Mon 18 May 2020 6:49 PM by joshisanonymous
Sek wrote:
Mon 18 May 2020 6:42 PM
i quote facts, either reply to proove me wrong or encourage me otherwhise just leave it, trying to be constructive there, thanks.

You're not trying to be constructive; you're just complaining about a powerful class not being powerful enough.

For instance, what is this nonsense?

Sek wrote: You ... grant snare to most of classes ... .

Most classes have snare? What about any non-melee class? And even among melee classes, how many have snares that aren't the second style in a chain? How many are limited to side positional snares? How much trouble is it to kite in any case when you have a 2500 HP pet, insta CC, long duration CC that can be cast while running away, SoS, and melee snares of your own?

And that's just one example of nonsense that you posted.
Mon 18 May 2020 6:53 PM by Sek
these are most 1.65 features less all previously features that were removed/turned custom, you seem to hate minstrel even overnerfed, i have no time to waste with victims unable to understand how this work and how this is supposed to work.
Mon 18 May 2020 7:28 PM by Astaa
Here is a well thought out and balanced reply.

'lol'
Mon 18 May 2020 9:08 PM by Sek
Astaa wrote:
Mon 18 May 2020 7:28 PM
Here is a well thought out and balanced reply.

'lol'

" Why do you want a up on warrior, you can slam and have a use of 2h weapons, this is so OP.. i am mad so i will stick to my reasoning and gladly pollute your topic"
IRRELEVANT
Players blaming default class feature rather than discussing about what is really mattering in here should open their own trolling topics, beside minstrel can be killed by lot of classes even at its best shape therefore do not be rude with your favorite mmo :-)
This is still a funny class to play with, you can pretty much solo anything given time to do so but this is not what the Minstrel is supposed to be and by far.
A lvl 57 pet dealing 60 damage on a VW is a slap in the face, nothing else.
I am open to any class, I don't have a preference.
I am simply witnessing the obvious nerfs on minstrel while its surrounding were granted every tools to outclass it.
Mon 18 May 2020 10:19 PM by knarfknarf
Boor, I mean poor Sek.... Seems like most people agree that you just need to get good?
Mon 18 May 2020 10:57 PM by Sek
knarfknarf wrote:
Mon 18 May 2020 10:19 PM
Boor, I mean poor Sek.... Seems like most people agree that you just need to get good?
Hi fanboy.
Tue 19 May 2020 12:58 AM by gotwqqd
Sek wrote:
Mon 18 May 2020 6:42 PM

Do you know what facts are?
Tue 19 May 2020 1:58 AM by joshisanonymous
knarfknarf wrote:
Mon 18 May 2020 10:19 PM

Ohhhh, Sek is Boor? No wonder...
Tue 19 May 2020 2:57 AM by Sek
Just checked user’s posts history concerning toxic people in here, no wonder.. you guys spend all your days whining across the forum.. you can barely play a single class, even less solo a minstrel, why would you encourage an up on Minstrel, the class you are unable to clear on your own, the class that is so OP to your limited skill set.
Yes your limited skill set, why would it be different ? Let's call things as they are, it is ok to seek fun rather than competitiveness but this is not an excuse for being dumb.
(1.65 custom)
DET on hybrid / assassins & bow classes => diminish Minstrel CC utility.
Huge nerf on pet damage coupled with tank hps up 2.8k or so=> reduce considerably minstrel impact when soloing.
What about snare ? most class can snare.. you don't even need to match a side/back to successfully land a side/back styles, the angle is quite huge in here and there are numerous tricks, hell the melee range is even far bigger that it should be due to low frequency server refresh rate.
Minstrel require some macro, you don't need any third party tools to fully comprehend it, pet doesn't always demezz/deroot whenever recalled yet it remains a difficult class to macro compared to several others.
Hopefully you BG lovers may someday discover the fun small/8v8 offer and finally understand how your class work, love.
Tue 19 May 2020 6:34 AM by Sepplord
Sek wrote:
Mon 18 May 2020 9:08 PM
This is still a funny class to play with, you can pretty much solo anything given time to do so but this is not what the Minstrel is supposed to be and by far.

So, just to be clear. You agree that minstrel is strong enough to solo any other class in the game, but minstrel is supposed to be something else.
It sounds like you claim that the minstrel is supposed to be much stronger than just "being able to solo anything" and therefor needs more buffs, despite already being strong?

Is that the baseline?
Just to be sure, before i laugh at it
Tue 19 May 2020 6:47 AM by gruenesschaf
Sek wrote:
Tue 19 May 2020 2:57 AM
hell the melee range is even far bigger that it should be due to low frequency server refresh rate.

The melee range here with players moving is as stupidly huge as it's supposed to be https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ro3k32hGag
Tue 19 May 2020 7:11 AM by Noashakra
The class that I admired before for being OP is still OP but a bit less ! My red pet with 2000+hp and high spell resists that also rupt moc is doing the same than an orange that can be killed in 4 casts ! In Solo they kill everyone in 1mn instead of 50s!
The ministrel is so bad that even with deter on skald, they play often with two of them in gvg !

It's not just "still a decent class", it's still THE best class in the game.

Funny how you say everyone here are whiners when it's exactly what you are doing since your first post.
And you want smart reply to a dumb post... That's not how it works.
Tue 19 May 2020 8:50 AM by Killaloth
A probably badly played ministrel got probably owned by a well played VW and rushes to rage with a useless thread.

*Lol!*

I've farmed many noob ministrels at the PvP event but never won to a half decent one.

One thing that should be improved is to not allow a charmed pet to rupt MoC, because it's 30 RA pts, even if *working as intended*.
Tue 19 May 2020 8:56 AM by Razur Ur
Minstrel dont need a red/purple pet!
Tue 19 May 2020 1:38 PM by Sek
Noashakra wrote:
Tue 19 May 2020 7:11 AM
Funny how you say everyone here are whiners when it's exactly what you are doing since your first post.
And you want smart reply to a dumb post... That's not how it works.

One got to argue even if it doesn't please him to avoid turning this topic into a pure joke, again we are here to talk about minstrel, not how people behave that is beyond hope yet we try.
Minstrel is OP in good hand, it takes some macro without AHD tools, right but it should be far better than that, it should be able to compete with 2-3 players at once yes.
Tue 19 May 2020 1:41 PM by Sek
Killaloth wrote:
Tue 19 May 2020 8:50 AM
A probably badly played ministrel got probably owned by a well played VW and rushes to rage with a useless thread.

*Lol!*

I've farmed many noob ministrels at the PvP event but never won to a half decent one.

One thing that should be improved is to not allow a charmed pet to rupt MoC, because it's 30 RA pts, even if *working as intended*.

you are a genious yet if i recall right i have never lost a single contest against your blademaster, you don't even know me so wash your mouth and move along.
Tue 19 May 2020 1:43 PM by inoeth
Sek wrote:
Tue 19 May 2020 1:41 PM
Killaloth wrote:
Tue 19 May 2020 8:50 AM

*Lol!*

you are a genious yet if i recall right i have never lost a single contest against your blademaster, you don't even know me so wash your mouth and move along.

that is propably because his BM is grp speced^^ xD
Tue 19 May 2020 1:52 PM by Sek
Most people are there to troll anyway, i wasn't even solo against a VW it was 2 vs 6+ as usual.. people are not honest with themselves they just believe being among other when they truly not..quoting skills when all they do is spending their day running 8v1 or bgs... no kidding...
PVP zone, at first, pointed out the 1v1 skills... all Killa is doing is like all monkeys, coming on forum to whine about moc rupt because they cannot stand with minstrel like most of you it seems... MINSTREL WAS NERFED, but thanks monkey for pointing out one upside minstrel class has in here, apprecaited.
Tue 19 May 2020 1:55 PM by Noashakra
Sek wrote:
Tue 19 May 2020 1:38 PM
it should be able to compete with 2-3 players at once yes.

How do you want people to take you seriously after reading this.
You speak about trolls, but man I hope you are one yourself.
Tue 19 May 2020 1:57 PM by knarfknarf
We had to listen to Sek whine and cry about minstrels for months on midgard. Then he decides to roll a minstrel himself so he can finally be overpowered. Gets out into the battlefield and realizes that he can't play the class even close to how they play it against him... Now we are here. Let's hear it Sek, what you got on your #1 fanboy.
Tue 19 May 2020 2:00 PM by Sek
knarfknarf wrote:
Tue 19 May 2020 1:57 PM
We had to listen to Sek whine and cry about minstrels for months on midgard. Then he decides to roll a minstrel himself so he can finally be overpowered. Gets out into the battlefield and realizes that he can't play the class even close to how they play it against him... Now we are here. Let's hear it Sek, what you got on your #1 fanboy.

hey Fanboy, i still don't know your ingame nickname, did i offend you in some way ? did i refuse to group with you in rvr or through a ds run ? did i overfarm you ? The least you could do is help me to figure out who you are, grow some ball and stop hiding under my table :/
Tue 19 May 2020 2:48 PM by adirannux
omg playing minstrel now they are strong as hell not weak!!
Tue 19 May 2020 2:57 PM by Basilisk
I can 1vs3 people easy on my mini they aren’t weak. The server skill level is just shit since everyone is a zerging reject.
Tue 19 May 2020 4:17 PM by knarfknarf
LOL oh Boor. You know exactly who I am . You only said my name about 50 times today Maybe you are my fangirl?
Tue 19 May 2020 6:01 PM by Killaloth
The day you lose a fight with a BM using a ministrel is the day you should go back playing Windows 95 solitaire.

They day you open a thread whining about ministrels is the day you deservedly get trolled.
Sun 24 May 2020 5:14 AM by pollojack
Use a different pet. Barqies are there for rupting with their stupid high hp pool. There are oj pets that hit in the 150s, shredders also still hit above 100.
Sun 24 May 2020 11:42 AM by Azrael
Is this for real? a minstrel qq thread? nice, didn't expect that.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Suggestions or the latest topics