Solo Zone issue!! DEVs and PPL what do u think about this solution????

Started 1 Apr 2020
by DarkDavion
in Suggestions
Hi guys, we all agree that the solos zones right now aren't working for what they were meant to be. In my opinion, small improvements could be implemented without risking that people focus too much on 1vs1, but still give the opportunity to enjoy this aspect of the game too. The phoenix DEVs seem to listen and try to support all game styles (this shows the implementation of solos zones and small man zones) but they are not working .. According to me you could implement only one Short therm task (maybe always every 30min) that you can complete by teleporting to the solo zone and winning a 1vs1 fairfight (without add).

For the completion of the task only one deathblow every 30 min is necessary (or anyway a time long enough to discourage focusing only in 1vs1), anyone adding in the solo zone not only does not complete the task but the adder will be banned from 'enter it for 5h or lose pr or both (however something that discourages this behavior).
Furthermore, it could be done that the winner of the deathblow takes 1500pr and the loser 250pr .. In this way even the lower ranks continue to climb the RR and the strongest are not motivated to teleport continuously in the solo zones bcs you can't complete more than one task every 30min and killing other players in solo zones in these 30 min does not make you gain pr anymore..

- It can be done that after winning a duel (and completing the task) you cannot teleport yourself until the start of the new task in the solo zone

-maybe the loser can teleport again after less time to try to complete the mission

How about? what do u think?
it would be easy to do and in my opinion this aspect of this wonderful server would improve a lot !!!
Wed 1 Apr 2020 7:48 PM by gotwqqd
We need to stop catering to the solo
Duo
Small man
8v8
Wed 1 Apr 2020 8:02 PM by DarkDavion
Why? just bcs u dont like it? if u dont like it dont do it....if the DEVs implemented the solo zone means that they also care about those who sometimes like to solo
Wed 1 Apr 2020 8:22 PM by Jojones
I'd welcome these changes too, because solo action is lacking nowadays and with the right ideas it could be much more appealing to solos without affecting (and being affected by) the rest of the RvR action.

Please send some love to the solos out there!
Wed 1 Apr 2020 8:25 PM by gotwqqd
DarkDavion wrote:
Wed 1 Apr 2020 8:02 PM
Why? just bcs u dont like it? if u dont like it dont do it....if the DEVs implemented the solo zone means that they also care about those who sometimes like to solo

Because it’s not needed to solo
Wed 1 Apr 2020 8:53 PM by Isavyr
Game isn't really built for solo--it's terribly imbalanced in 1v1, nevermind no objectives. You can go solo anytime currently. Are you requesting a duel zone then?

Also, sorry to be salty, but why the f**** don't you read what suggestions are already on the front page? Go add to someone else's thread. Goddamn. You can't be bothered to read other people's but expect everyone to read yours. https://forum.playphoenix.online/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=13090
Wed 1 Apr 2020 9:24 PM by DarkDavion
When I was writing the post I had not seen the other guy's post on the same topic, this is true and it is my mistake, but this is not the first time it happens in a forum and it will certainly not be the last.

To answer your observation who the f...k cares if the game is not balanced for the 1v1?? probably they tried to balance it only for the 8v8 but this does not prevent the zerg or solutions for small man fights too..as I said if the Devs were not interested in Solo Fairfights they would not have implemented the Solo zones .. I am sorry that you do not understand this simple concept ..it isn't that hard.
Then as I said if you think it the 1v1 is bad, unbalanced or other s...t simply dont go in the solo zones but I don't see why you should prevent others from having fun there ..
Wed 1 Apr 2020 9:26 PM by Isavyr
So what are you proposing? Strictly a duel zone? Do you want additional objectives?

Edit: and sorry if my tone is not welcoming. I enjoy reading these forums and get annoyed when people repost the same suggestion back-to-back.
Wed 1 Apr 2020 9:38 PM by DarkDavion
I would leave the areas as they are now with the addition of:

1) a short term rvr task that you can only complete in the solo zone if you win a fairfight

2) prevent those who have won the fairfight task from teleporting back to the solo zone until the next task starts

3) punish adders in the solo zone by preventing them from accessing it for 5h and not getting RP for the kills
Wed 1 Apr 2020 10:12 PM by Isavyr
DarkDavion wrote:
Wed 1 Apr 2020 9:38 PM
I would leave the areas as they are now with the addition of:

1) a short term rvr task that you can only complete in the solo zone if you win a fairfight

2) prevent those who have won the fairfight task from teleporting back to the solo zone until the next task starts

3) punish adders in the solo zone by preventing them from accessing it for 5h and not getting RP for the kills

I don't care for solo (for reasons I already stated) but certainly don't have an issue if players enjoy it. I like the idea of preventing continual involvement because it means players will still largely be capable of participating in the larger RvR.

Here is how I would implement your duel-zone:
  • No special task. The reward for winning is sufficient--plus, it'll already flag you in RvR, netting you a task.
  • Teleport to duel zone. If you attack another player in this zone while in combat, it will automatically remove you, and teleport the other player with full health/power back at the entrance of the duel zone such that they can re-engage in a fight. Therefore, troublemakers are dealt with automatically without outside intervention.
  • Can only teleport once per general RvR task (every 30m, I believe), regardless of win, loss, or teleported out from abuse.

This is simpler, prevents abuse, and gives the solo population a quick fight every 30m, but otherwise have to participate in larger RvR.
Wed 1 Apr 2020 10:20 PM by DarkDavion
yeah suonds good..just a bit of love for this solo zones bcs as it is now is useless
Thu 2 Apr 2020 1:17 AM by Riac
i dont know if you guys remember the first event map, the volcanus one with all the islands and bridges. i think that map was soooo sick. much better than the aerus one for solo play. they should just put that map in as some sort of solo zone free for all. that being said, i guess normal rvr would then suffer. honestly, who is gonna go pve a door when they can just get instant action in the solos zone.
Thu 2 Apr 2020 8:08 AM by DarkDavion
I said a task every 30min, after u got your fairfight u will not earn RP anymore by killing ppl in the solo zone and u will not able to tp in the solo zone until the next task. Where is the problem? Just more fun and 1 kill every 30min cause nothing to normal rvr, just less boring and more fun when action lack
Thu 2 Apr 2020 8:17 PM by Pigleto
Do what they did on live i think. anyone who is grouped that goes in the solo zone loses their buffs.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Suggestions or the latest topics