Introduce classice-like recharge ability for alchemist

Started 31 Mar 2020
by VonSchneider
in Suggestions
I just searched in the forums and couldnt find a reason why it is not introduced. At the moment it is quite expensive to recharge by paying 10g PER charge, no matter which level of charge it is.
From the beginning alchemists always could recharge player-crafted items.
So if there isnt any non-obvious reason to not introduce it, please add the ability to recharge player-crafted items to the alchemist as well as the needed distills to the merchants.
A list of the distills can be found here: http://apothecary.daoc-sites.info/guide_main_3.php
Tue 31 Mar 2020 5:30 PM by joshisanonymous
It's probably the way it is because paying NPCs to do it takes gold out of the economy whereas paying players to do it would not accomplish this.
Wed 1 Apr 2020 1:46 PM by Sepplord
An 10g per charge is a non factor clnsidering all the gold that is poured into your pockets in RvR

Having alchemy recharging would be convenient, and probably cost more, not less if they ever changed their stance on implementing it
Wed 1 Apr 2020 3:51 PM by joshisanonymous
Sepplord wrote:
Wed 1 Apr 2020 1:46 PM
An 10g per charge is a non factor clnsidering all the gold that is poured into your pockets in RvR

Having alchemy recharging would be convenient, and probably cost more, not less if they ever changed their stance on implementing it

How would it cost more? If a player charges me more than 10g/charge, I'm gonna use NPCs. And regardless of whether it costs more or less, that gold is remaining in the economy and causing inflation if a player is doing the recharging, whereas it disappears into the abyss if an NPC does it.

Maybe you're talking about alchemists recharging their own items or something? I can't imagine that ever happening either since you'd have to be out in the frontier, not dying for long enough to use up a significant number of charges, and unable to get back to a relic town. Just seems very unlikely.
Wed 1 Apr 2020 4:33 PM by Sepplord
joshisanonymous wrote:
Wed 1 Apr 2020 3:51 PM
Sepplord wrote:
Wed 1 Apr 2020 1:46 PM

How would it cost more? If a player charges me more than 10g/charge, I'm gonna use NPCs. And regardless of whether it costs more or less, that gold is remaining in the economy and causing inflation if a player is doing the recharging, whereas it disappears into the abyss if an NPC does it.

Maybe you're talking about alchemists recharging their own items or something? I can't imagine that ever happening either since you'd have to be out in the frontier, not dying for long enough to use up a significant number of charges, and unable to get back to a relic town. Just seems very unlikely.
The cost would be higher by needing a reagent that is sold by NPCs... you pay more but get the benefit of being able to recharge while logged in DF (for example).

At least in the hypothetical scenario we are fantasizing about i believe it would be. It's not an ability that was forgotten, but decided against by the staff. The game is already suffering from too few golddrains so i don't see them changing their minds AND decreasing a goldsink at the same time

It is completely irrelevant if an alchemist recharges for himself or someone else. But to be honest, even if alchemist COULD recharge for free i don't really see many people bothering with negotiating a trade, meeting an alchemist, fiddling with the rechargesystem, etc.... just to save a few gold. RvR is already easily selfsufficient, unless you include claw-potions.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Suggestions or the latest topics