Solo action is dead

Started 30 Mar 2020
by Nephamael
in Suggestions
We desperately need love for solos. 2k+ players online and 1 in /fair toggle.
You get zerged down more than 9 out of 10 runs, even as a stealth solo.

My suggestions:

1) show the precise location of the player to the enemy solo if /fair toggle (if possible could show red dot on map like a solo radar)

2) implement /fair cleanfight for 200RPs each

3) Hasteners and Dockmasters at EV Docks and Hastner(s) in EV to make the new task system attractive for solos and generate points of interest for low pop times.
The tasks have great potential for that if you have a way to speed out of EV/Docks when the task is over.

4) Solo Teleporter to a central EV solo zone from wich can be ported to the 3 other solo zones - the EV solo zone could be more open (no keep) like Finlain village or so to make it a viable solo zone for all solos not only melees
Mon 30 Mar 2020 8:19 PM by Blitze
I’ve been back a week and noticed that solo RvR is pretty hard to do and much harder than it was in OF.

I don’t have any suggestions yet, but the rest of RvR seems busy. So if the Devs do decide to put some effort in I think solo RvR could improve dramatically!
Mon 30 Mar 2020 10:22 PM by easytoremember
Should start by distinguishing what you're actually wanting here
Solo isn't dueling
If you're looking for strictly 1v1, what you're wanting is duel play not solo play.
Solo play is a matter of just being ungrouped and fighting things, ideally other solo(s)

I consider adding & being added part of the fun in solo play; spontanious alliances between opposing realms to kill the adder or ganging up on an enemy you decide is a bigger threat/easy target. I run around alone almost always and have never made use of cleanfight commands because while I like running solo I don't care for strict 1v1-please-curtsey fairfights. Getting the jump on an enemy or being caught offguard is part of the fight. I only take issue with being run over by groups over and over and over and over
Mon 30 Mar 2020 11:57 PM by Riac
easytoremember wrote:
Mon 30 Mar 2020 10:22 PM
Solo isn't dueling
If you're looking for strictly 1v1, what you're wanting is duel play not solo play.
Solo play is a matter of just being ungrouped and fighting things, ideally other solo(s)

I consider adding & being added part of the fun in solo play; spontanious alliances between opposing realms to kill the adder or ganging up on an enemy you decide is a bigger threat/easy target. I run around alone almost always and have never made use of cleanfight commands because while I like running solo I don't care for strict 1v1-please-curtsey fairfights. Getting the jump on an enemy or being caught offguard is part of the fight. I only take issue with being run over by groups over and over and over and over

adding is part of the fun? youre crazy.... however, there was this one time there was an alb stealth zerg going on and all the ppl soloing were tired of them being cunts. so these ppl formed a "spontaneous alliance" to gank these idiots. once we locked onto the sound of their thunderous mouth-breathing we moved in and proceeded to beat their stupid asses so bad they reported us. uthred gets on and tells us we will be banned for x-realming. moral of the story; your idea of fun is against the rules apparently.
Tue 31 Mar 2020 5:45 AM by thirian24
Riac wrote:
Mon 30 Mar 2020 11:57 PM
easytoremember wrote:
Mon 30 Mar 2020 10:22 PM
Solo isn't dueling

adding is part of the fun? youre crazy.... however, there was this one time there was an alb stealth zerg going on and all the ppl soloing were tired of them being cunts. so these ppl formed a "spontaneous alliance" to gank these idiots. once we locked onto the sound of their thunderous mouth-breathing we moved in and proceeded to beat their stupid asses so bad they reported us. uthred gets on and tells us we will be banned for x-realming. moral of the story; your idea of fun is against the rules apparently.

Damn that was an amazing night. Lmfao
Tue 31 Mar 2020 6:35 AM by inoeth
there should be some kind of timer, being in grp makes you unable to attack solos and also for the 30 min after you leave the grp.
only if the solo starts attacking the grp it will imediately possible to fight back.

maybe some morons start to run ungrped but still the solo hunting mentality will be reduced by alot imo
Tue 31 Mar 2020 2:43 PM by Razur Ur
1vs1 is rly dead and solo player is not desired for the task! Solo player only good for another smallgroups/8man and zergs as feed.
Tue 31 Mar 2020 5:04 PM by Skreen32
Nephamael wrote:
Mon 30 Mar 2020 8:08 PM
My suggestions:

1) show the precise location of the player to the enemy solo if /fair toggle (if possible could show red dot on map like a solo radar)

3) Hasteners and Dockmasters at EV Docks and Hastner(s) in EV to make the new task system attractive for solos and generate points of interest for low pop times.
The tasks have great potential for that if you have a way to speed out of EV/Docks when the task is over.

4) Solo Teleporter to a central EV solo zone from wich can be ported to the 3 other solo zones - the EV solo zone could be more open (no keep) like Finlain village or so to make it a viable solo zone for all solos not only melees

my rebuttal:

1) absolutely NOT. NO radar, EVER.

2) why? just play the game like you should and stop trying to farm RPs by "dueling" the other realms

3) hasteners, maybe. dockmasters, no.

4) the arena is on its way, afaik they are working on something like this as we speak (although ive been wrong before)

Razur Ur wrote:
Tue 31 Mar 2020 2:43 PM
1vs1 is rly dead and solo player is not desired for the task! Solo player only good for another smallgroups/8man and zergs as feed.

not even close to true. if a solo player (particularly a stealther solo player) picks their fights in a smart way, theres no "feeding" anyone. I can tell all you do is zerg.

inoeth wrote:
Tue 31 Mar 2020 6:35 AM
there should be some kind of timer, being in grp makes you unable to attack solos and also for the 30 min after you leave the grp.
only if the solo starts attacking the grp it will imediately possible to fight back.

maybe some morons start to run ungrped but still the solo hunting mentality will be reduced by alot imo
its part of the game, stop complaining about being rolled by the other realms when you are solo. its going to happen. the way i see it, if you dont like it you have 3 options: find a group, PVE, or find another game.
Tue 31 Mar 2020 5:12 PM by joshisanonymous
My experience has not been the same. I do get run over by FGs a decent amount, but certainly not all the time. I think the key with soloing is finding locations to go that will definitely be used but definitely not by everyone. For instance, last night, Hib was on Bold and Albs were naturally defending, so Bold was on fire, meaning the zergs were already there. The most logically place for an Alb to come from if they're trying to catch up with the Alb zerg was Ren, so I hung out not far from Ren along direct paths that people would want to take if they were in a hurry but that still provided me with some cover in case larger numbers came. I had a number of 1v1 and 1v2 encounters from there, never once had to deal with a stealther let alone a stealth zerg, and never got ran over by a FG, and I'm a visible no-speed caster.

The other key is patience, at least if you're not a speed (or maybe even caster speed) class. A lot of players don't seem to have this. You can't just find a spot like that, run back and forth twice, and decide that it's not a good spot because you didn't find anything. You have to be willing to sit there sometimes for a good 15+ minutes sometimes, because you might have lulls like that and then have an enemy or two come through every couple minutes afterward.

That said, it's not exactly easy to solo, nor has it ever been in any version of DAoC, especially for non-stealth, but I don't really like your first two suggestions. Your second two suggestions aren't bad, though. I'd be plenty satisfied with just adding a hastener to the solo zones, myself.
Tue 31 Mar 2020 5:20 PM by Skreen32
Soloing is like going fishing IRL. Patience, patience, and more patience. Along with a little determination and the willingness to "accept the fish got away" (you died or didnt win the fight)

patience is a virtue.
Tue 31 Mar 2020 11:18 PM by Riac
Skreen32 wrote:
Tue 31 Mar 2020 5:20 PM
Soloing is like going fishing IRL. Patience, patience, and more patience. Along with a little determination and the willingness to "accept the fish got away" (you died or didnt win the fight)

patience is a virtue.

you forgot to mention the cunts in the ski boat that keep driving by scaring the fish away and creating a bunch of wake all in your fishing area.
Wed 1 Apr 2020 12:05 AM by easytoremember
Riac wrote:
Tue 31 Mar 2020 11:18 PM
Skreen32 wrote:

patience is a virtue.

you forgot to mention the cunts in the ski boat that keep driving by scaring the fish away and creating a bunch of wake all in your fishing area.
occasional tsunami sweeps away all your ports
Wed 1 Apr 2020 5:57 AM by inoeth
Skreen32 wrote:
Tue 31 Mar 2020 5:04 PM
Nephamael wrote:
Mon 30 Mar 2020 8:08 PM
My suggestions:

my rebuttal:

1) absolutely NOT. NO radar, EVER.

2) why? just play the game like you should and stop trying to farm RPs by "dueling" the other realms

3) hasteners, maybe. dockmasters, no.

4) the arena is on its way, afaik they are working on something like this as we speak (although ive been wrong before)

Razur Ur wrote:

not even close to true. if a solo player (particularly a stealther solo player) picks their fights in a smart way, theres no "feeding" anyone. I can tell all you do is zerg.

inoeth wrote:
Tue 31 Mar 2020 6:35 AM

its part of the game, stop complaining about being rolled by the other realms when you are solo. its going to happen. the way i see it, if you dont like it you have 3 options: find a group, PVE, or find another game.

thank god nobody cares about your opinion
Wed 1 Apr 2020 5:58 AM by inoeth
Riac wrote:
Tue 31 Mar 2020 11:18 PM
Skreen32 wrote:

patience is a virtue.

and they do that while laughing and screaming at you "dumb fisher man, if you dont like it, do another sport!"
Wed 1 Apr 2020 9:27 AM by Razur Ur
Skreen32 wrote:
Razur Ur wrote:

not even close to true. if a solo player (particularly a stealther solo player) picks their fights in a smart way, theres no "feeding" anyone. I can tell all you do is zerg

Haha i dont know your ingame name but you blame me with zerg :-D and sure for stealther is solo 1vs1 not died but for all none stealther without speed is 1vs1 down!
Most time if i running solo then i found 1vs2 or 1vs3 or smallgroup/8men/zerg who killing me.

Oh now i see horg that is the add hunter now i understand :-).
Wed 1 Apr 2020 6:23 PM by Skreen32
Razur Ur wrote:
Wed 1 Apr 2020 9:27 AM
Skreen32 wrote:
Razur Ur wrote:

not even close to true. if a solo player (particularly a stealther solo player) picks their fights in a smart way, theres no "feeding" anyone. I can tell all you do is zerg

Haha i dont know your ingame name but you blame me with zerg :-D and sure for stealther is solo 1vs1 not died but for all none stealther without speed is 1vs1 down!
Most time if i running solo then i found 1vs2 or 1vs3 or smallgroup/8men/zerg who killing me.

Oh now i see horg that is the add hunter now i understand :-).

?
Wed 1 Apr 2020 6:50 PM by mhenfhis
the herald talks for itself tbh. Just check the solo kills of melees.
If you wanna solo visible must have speed or able to double stun adds ( champion / thane) .

I dont think bow towns are the solution but some kind of task like the maze task but for solo zones or speed tokens...
Sat 4 Apr 2020 8:15 PM by Nephamael
I have been playing Phoenix for a considerable amount of time and as the respect to the solos diminished the solos diminished too, if we do not want to lose the last 100-150 people still soloing every day and getting zergrolled 49 out of 50 runs (its better at low pop times) we have to give them some ingame platform like my suggestions.

I am mostly about a zone in EV where we can open field inc solo, other people can go there like smallmen or even fgs, but only solos can port back. Naturally some people who like dueling will duel there, others will roam and engage what they see, solos will work together to kick out duos and smallmen camping the solo zone as we have been seeing it in the PvP events.

I suggest we create a similar zone on the other side of EV for smallmen with a smallmen porter.

Keep the server enjoyable - for everyone - thats my intention.
Sat 4 Apr 2020 8:17 PM by Nephamael
If we keep everything as it is solo action will die completely, the server will lose the solo players and all you zergers and smallmen will have less prey - so you should have a natural interest to support this.
Sat 4 Apr 2020 9:20 PM by Quik
Nephamael wrote:
Sat 4 Apr 2020 8:17 PM
If we keep everything as it is solo action will die completely, the server will lose the solo players and all you zergers and smallmen will have less prey - so you should have a natural interest to support this.

Wait, you're kind of contradicting yourself...

1st you say soloers need a zone where they can fight smaller groups...

then you say the server needs you otherwise zergers won't have people to pick off as they zerg...

Well, if you get your way soleors will be in a place zergers can't reach so either way zergers lose the easy prey right? So why would zergers care?

Well either way, the game was designed with Realm vs Realm in mind, not specifically me vs you soloing, nor my group vs your group in 8 vs 8. It was designed for each realm to fight another realm or all 3 realms to fight each other which is why each class has a specialty that as a group makes them great, but individually they aren't.

How about we just play the game and accept that if we want to solo we will get rolled by bigger groups, and if we are bigger groups always rolling a soloer we won't get many rp's.

Just play how you want and accept the fact everyone has a different idea of fun, and if you enter an RvR area then everyone is fair game *shrug*
Sun 5 Apr 2020 3:34 PM by inoeth
Quik wrote:
Sat 4 Apr 2020 9:20 PM
"It's a game and a game is meant to be enjoyed by everyone, not just a select few who want everyone to play their way!"

problem: zergers force everyone else into their stupid add game, how do you want to prevent that? there is zero respect from those zerg players. if you complain about that you are and "elitist" and deserve extra add because its an mmorpg and the purpose is zerg and add. if you dont get that your playing the wrong game.

see the problem?
Sun 5 Apr 2020 3:55 PM by Quik
inoeth wrote:
Sun 5 Apr 2020 3:34 PM
Quik wrote:
"It's a game and a game is meant to be enjoyed by everyone, not just a select few who want everyone to play their way!"

problem: zergers force everyone else into their stupid add game, how do you want to prevent that? there is zero respect from those zerg players. if you complain about that you are and "elitist" and deserve extra add because its an mmorpg and the purpose is zerg and add. if you dont get that your playing the wrong game.

see the problem?

I understand the frustration, not the problem.

The game is meant to have zergs and spoloers and groups. I understand being solo and getting rolled all the time gets old and frustrating, but it is part of the game. Designing a way to give soleors/small groups/8mans a special way to play so they can avoid other people is not part of the game.

Elitist is the player demanding a confrontation free of adds and saying they want to play skill vs skill and who gets pissed when people add. This is an RvR game where the phrase "red is dead" is on a load screen people see every day. It was designed with the "red is dead" philosophy. People who want to organize 1vs1 or 8vs8 fights are the ones ruining the game more than zergs that happen to roll soloers/small mans.

This game is designed to have multiple classes in the same group if you don't want to be rolled. You get a speed class to join you to avoid the zerg. If you want to solo you play a stealthier class or you play in the BG's at lower levels. Live started to cater to "soloers" by adding other speed alternatives like horses/charges/whatever and the game quickly went to crap. God I LOVE people who say they hate live, but they sit here and want to change phoenix to be more like live by adding crap like this.

If you want to be in an RvR zone you need to accept people will want to kill you. Are you leveling? Yep get ready to get rolled if they see you. Are you soloing? You seriously get mad at the zerg that is told by the game itself to kill everyone in the other realm?

I truly hope the dev's do NOT give soloers/smallmans/8mans special treatment. The game is for everyone "within" the limits of the game and how it was designed.

Wanting a special place for soloers or just smaller groups is LITERALLY asking for special treatment.

So yes I understand the frustration which is why I play my skald when I want to solo, and sure I would love to be able to solo with my SM, but I don't because I understand the game and understand what will happen if I try.

Pheonix is an amazing server if it will not listen to the elitist few who want special privileges, but rather stay with what the spirit of the game literally tells us every other load screen.

P.S. Zergers aren't the elitists, most zergers are casual because they can't compete with the skilled soloer/8mans. Elitists are the soloers/8mans demanding to be left alone while they organize fights or who back out of a fight to teach you a lesson for adding. Gotta love the realm pride of those wonderful people LOL.
Sun 5 Apr 2020 4:24 PM by inoeth
Quik wrote:
Sun 5 Apr 2020 3:55 PM
inoeth wrote:
Sun 5 Apr 2020 3:34 PM
Quik wrote:

see the problem?

I understand the frustration, not the problem.

The game is meant to have zergs and spoloers and groups. I understand being solo and getting rolled all the time gets old and frustrating, but it is part of the game. Designing a way to give soleors/small groups/8mans a special way to play so they can avoid other people is not part of the game.

Elitist is the player demanding a confrontation free of adds and saying they want to play skill vs skill and who gets pissed when people add. This is an RvR game where the phrase "red is dead" is on a load screen people see every day. It was designed with the "red is dead" philosophy. People who want to organize 1vs1 or 8vs8 fights are the ones ruining the game more than zergs that happen to roll soloers/small mans.

This game is designed to have multiple classes in the same group if you don't want to be rolled. You get a speed class to join you to avoid the zerg. If you want to solo you play a stealthier class or you play in the BG's at lower levels. Live started to cater to "soloers" by adding other speed alternatives like horses/charges/whatever and the game quickly went to crap. God I LOVE people who say they hate live, but they sit here and want to change phoenix to be more like live by adding crap like this.

If you want to be in an RvR zone you need to accept people will want to kill you. Are you leveling? Yep get ready to get rolled if they see you. Are you soloing? You seriously get mad at the zerg that is told by the game itself to kill everyone in the other realm?

I truly hope the dev's do NOT give soloers/smallmans/8mans special treatment. The game is for everyone "within" the limits of the game and how it was designed.

Wanting a special place for soloers or just smaller groups is LITERALLY asking for special treatment.

So yes I understand the frustration which is why I play my skald when I want to solo, and sure I would love to be able to solo with my SM, but I don't because I understand the game and understand what will happen if I try.

Pheonix is an amazing server if it will not listen to the elitist few who want special privileges, but rather stay with what the spirit of the game literally tells us every other load screen.

P.S. Zergers aren't the elitists, most zergers are casual because they can't compete with the skilled soloer/8mans. Elitists are the soloers/8mans demanding to be left alone while they organize fights or who back out of a fight to teach you a lesson for adding. Gotta love the realm pride of those wonderful people LOL.

in fact you deny soloers and 8v8 players the fun
Sun 5 Apr 2020 4:46 PM by Quik
inoeth wrote:
Sun 5 Apr 2020 4:24 PM

No, but I don't feel giving special privileges to soloers and 8v8 is healthy for the game or how it was meant to be played.

You can sugar coat it however you want, asking for a special zone or area just for soloers/8v8 is LITERALLY the definition of special treatment.

When I say it is meant to be played by everyone and not just a select few, that is exactly what I mean, but it also means playing the game in the way it was meant to be played.

If soloers/8v8 groups need special treatment to play, well sorry but that is crap and should not be allowed. You can play in the current system just fine, but of course you will also run into zergs who roll you. I bet you are one of those people who say XP'ers should stay out of RvR areas if they don't want to get rolled, well the same applies to soloers. Why should they get more rights then the xp'ers?

Play a speed class if you want to solo. Play a group with a speed class if you want to be in a group. Those are easy ways to avoid getting rolled, and stop whining for special treatment so you can change the game to be what you want it to be.

You are just like those people that want to move from the big city to a smaller rural area, then once you are there you want to change the rules to be just like the big city. You moved to the rural area because you liked the idea of it, then you want to change it back into what you wanted to get away from. That is the basis of your argument lol.
Sun 5 Apr 2020 4:59 PM by inoeth
Quik wrote:
Sun 5 Apr 2020 4:46 PM
inoeth wrote:
Sun 5 Apr 2020 4:24 PM

No, but I don't feel giving special privileges to soloers and 8v8 is healthy for the game or how it was meant to be played.

You can sugar coat it however you want, asking for a special zone or area just for soloers/8v8 is LITERALLY the definition of special treatment.

When I say it is meant to be played by everyone and not just a select few, that is exactly what I mean, but it also means playing the game in the way it was meant to be played.

If soloers/8v8 groups need special treatment to play, well sorry but that is crap and should not be allowed. You can play in the current system just fine, but of course you will also run into zergs who roll you. I bet you are one of those people who say XP'ers should stay out of RvR areas if they don't want to get rolled, well the same applies to soloers. Why should they get more rights then the xp'ers?

Play a speed class if you want to solo. Play a group with a speed class if you want to be in a group. Those are easy ways to avoid getting rolled, and stop whining for special treatment so you can change the game to be what you want it to be.

You are just like those people that want to move from the big city to a smaller rural area, then once you are there you want to change the rules to be just like the big city. You moved to the rural area because you liked the idea of it, then you want to change it back into what you wanted to get away from. That is the basis of your argument lol.

i did not ask for a special zone for soloers, in fact i would not even go there because that would be a pure duel zone where everyone just goes when everything is up.
i like the "normal" rvr, hunt stragglers, have a duel from time to time and also have 1vsX and win. i just miss the respect for my way to play this game. why is it necessary to add on every fight? why would i even go to the rvr zone if i only get ganked all the time? on some days i die 10x in 1h and do 0 kills, no fun. cool that all the add idiots have fun there, but i dont, and i log off then.... is that what this game needs, do we need ppl to log off? i mean it would be totally ok for me to have my fight and get killed after it. also very often it happens that ppl stand there watching my fight, i then think ok they let me, blow active RAs and then suddenly get added by the watchers... what is this? i tell you these guys laughing their ass off they killed an "elitist" again. thats absolutely unrespectful. and then there is you, pretending "It's a game and a game is meant to be enjoyed by everyone, not just a select few who want everyone to play their way!" but in fact shit on it because red is dead right?
Sun 5 Apr 2020 5:26 PM by Quik
inoeth wrote:
Sun 5 Apr 2020 4:59 PM
i did not ask for a special zone for soloers, in fact i would not even go there because that would be a pure duel zone where everyone just goes when everything is up.
i like the "normal" rvr, hunt stragglers, have a duel from time to time and also have 1vsX and win. i just miss the respect for my way to play this game. why is it necessary to add on every fight? why would i even go to the rvr zone if i only get ganked all the time? on some days i die 10x in 1h and do 0 kills, no fun. cool that all the add idiots have fun there, but i dont, and i log off then.... is that what this game needs, do we need ppl to log off? i mean it would be totally ok for me to have my fight and get killed after it. also very often it happens that ppl stand there watching my fight, i then think ok they let me, blow active RAs and then suddenly get added by the watchers... what is this? i tell you these guys laughing their ass off they killed an "elitist" again. thats absolutely unrespectful. and then there is you, pretending "It's a game and a game is meant to be enjoyed by everyone, not just a select few who want everyone to play their way!" but in fact shit on it because red is dead right?

I apologize about the "extra zone" I thought you were arguing for it like the other people I see on here.

I also understand that it sucks to get ganked 10 times and never get a decent fight. I also understand the thrill of getting that 1v1 and finally see how you do...

BUT...exactly where do you get off saying it is disrespectful when people add for or against you?? This game is for EVERYONE who plays it and what RIGHT do you have so say you should be left alone with no adds??? I'm sorry I didn't realize you were better then the rest of us.

This is a REALM VS REALM game!!!! Do you understand that?? Do you understand that realm vs realm means EVERYONE in that realm and not just you?!?!? This means if you are fighting 1 vs 1 and someone else from ANY realm sees you, they have EVERY RIGHT IN THE WORLD to engage or not engage.

You have the typical elitist view that once you engage you should be left alone to fight and it is so sad you think you are better then anyone else and deserve that right.

You don't even have an argument against this other then "I will log off and that will show you!!!" Wow...just wow.

So you're saying we should be sad that an elitist player who wants to play his specific style and be left alone to do it will log off?!?!? Really???

Someday you will realize if you left the game, the game won't change one bit...but if the casual player leaves the game, well it becomes uthgard 2.0 with 50 people total online, all elitists crying there isn't enough people online to play against and be confused as to why it happens to be this way.
Sun 5 Apr 2020 5:51 PM by inoeth
Quik wrote:
Sun 5 Apr 2020 5:26 PM
inoeth wrote:

I apologize about the "extra zone" I thought you were arguing for it like the other people I see on here.

I also understand that it sucks to get ganked 10 times and never get a decent fight. I also understand the thrill of getting that 1v1 and finally see how you do...

BUT...exactly where do you get off saying it is disrespectful when people add for or against you?? This game is for EVERYONE who plays it and what RIGHT do you have so say you should be left alone with no adds??? I'm sorry I didn't realize you were better then the rest of us.

This is a REALM VS REALM game!!!! Do you understand that?? Do you understand that realm vs realm means EVERYONE in that realm and not just you?!?!? This means if you are fighting 1 vs 1 and someone else from ANY realm sees you, they have EVERY RIGHT IN THE WORLD to engage or not engage.

You have the typical elitist view that once you engage you should be left alone to fight and it is so sad you think you are better then anyone else and deserve that right.

You don't even have an argument against this other then "I will log off and that will show you!!!" Wow...just wow.

So you're saying we should be sad that an elitist player who wants to play his specific style and be left alone to do it will log off?!?!? Really???

Someday you will realize if you left the game, the game won't change one bit...but if the casual player leaves the game, well it becomes uthgard 2.0 with 50 people total online, all elitists crying there isn't enough people online to play against and be confused as to why it happens to be this way.

so i should just go out and sped rp all say long?

its pointless to argue with you
i wanted to hold up the mirror and show you how much cherry picking your signature is, but you dont get it .. instead it turns out you are one of those who would constantly add.

sadness
Sun 5 Apr 2020 5:54 PM by Quik
inoeth wrote:
Sun 5 Apr 2020 5:51 PM
Quik wrote:
inoeth wrote:

i wanted to hold up the mirror and show you how much cherry picking your signature is, but you dont get it .. instead it turns out you are one of those who would play the game how the developers designed it to be played.

sadness

There, fixed it for ya!!
Sun 5 Apr 2020 5:56 PM by inoeth
Quik wrote:
Sun 5 Apr 2020 5:54 PM
inoeth wrote:
Sun 5 Apr 2020 5:51 PM
Quik wrote:

i wanted to hold up the mirror and show you how much cherry picking your signature is, but you dont get it .. instead it turns out you are one of those who would play the game how the developers designed it to be played.

sadness

There, fixed it for ya!!

explain lone enforcer title

show me where the developers mentioned that adding is the purpose of this game

cant?

well...
Sun 5 Apr 2020 6:11 PM by Quik
inoeth wrote:
Sun 5 Apr 2020 5:56 PM

cant?

well...

Lone enforcer is a title earned by soleors who play solo. It doesn't mean everyone should have it.

And as far as adding being part of the game..."red is dead" is a very simple statement meaning if it is red, then kill it.

"red is dead but don't add" is not the famous quote.

Red is dead means kill the enemy at all costs.

Sorry man but YOU are the one wanting to change the rules to suit you, not me.

My quote you like to use is valid and I stand behind it 100%...WITHIN THE RULES OF THE GAME. The moment you need to change the game to how YOU want it to be, the quote doesn't work anymore.

You play the game within the rules set forth in the game and you play how you want.

You are literally the reason I put the second half of the quote in "not just a select few who want everyone to play their way!"

YOU are the one wanting everyone to play YOUR way.

I don't care if people solo or 8man or zerg or PvE or RvR. I want people to play however they want WITHIN the rules of the game. Your argument saying people shouldn't add has NEVER beena rule in DAoC and never will be. It has ALWAYS been an RvR game and it has ALWAYS encouraged people to RvR as a realm, not as a soloer wanting an honorable fight.
Mon 6 Apr 2020 7:35 AM by inoeth
Quik wrote:
Sun 5 Apr 2020 6:11 PM
inoeth wrote:
Sun 5 Apr 2020 5:56 PM

cant?

well...

Lone enforcer is a title earned by soleors who play solo. It doesn't mean everyone should have it.

And as far as adding being part of the game..."red is dead" is a very simple statement meaning if it is red, then kill it.

"red is dead but don't add" is not the famous quote.

Red is dead means kill the enemy at all costs.

Sorry man but YOU are the one wanting to change the rules to suit you, not me.

My quote you like to use is valid and I stand behind it 100%...WITHIN THE RULES OF THE GAME. The moment you need to change the game to how YOU want it to be, the quote doesn't work anymore.

You play the game within the rules set forth in the game and you play how you want.

You are literally the reason I put the second half of the quote in "not just a select few who want everyone to play their way!"

YOU are the one wanting everyone to play YOUR way.

I don't care if people solo or 8man or zerg or PvE or RvR. I want people to play however they want WITHIN the rules of the game. Your argument saying people shouldn't add has NEVER beena rule in DAoC and never will be. It has ALWAYS been an RvR game and it has ALWAYS encouraged people to RvR as a realm, not as a soloer wanting an honorable fight.

lone enforcer requires clean, no add fight... i didnt say everyone should have it but how does this title fit in your definition of red is dead if it is not wanted to have 1vs1 fights by the developers of this game?
i dont want everyone to play how i do it, in fact i think zergers should go zerging if they like it, but please let me alone with this.
thing is those zergers are hunting soloers, because its easy rp, they dont care about the fun of others. in fact they destroy it with their selfish behavior.

your are twisting the facts man, all i want is what you state in your signature, but i really mean it and you do not.
Mon 6 Apr 2020 8:36 AM by Anasth
In fact if they change the solo play rules it wouldnt be fair for ppl that have the lone enforcer title and got it in this state of the game, playing under the current rules. I play solo for years (or trying to) but I do add sometimesa and get added lots of times, get steamrolled more times than i can remember etc. like all ppl trying to solo i guess. As stated, its an rvr game and getting solo kills in this mess is even more rewarding than a zone desiigned for soloers etc.
And a question: rr10 vs rr3-4 1on1 is fair?
Mon 6 Apr 2020 8:49 AM by MrWolf
Anasth wrote:
Mon 6 Apr 2020 8:36 AM
And a question: rr10 vs rr3-4 1on1 is fair?

ofc is for the RR10
Mon 6 Apr 2020 1:06 PM by ZioRed
Dear @Quik let me say a thing, even if I stopped playing here from some weeks ago and sadly moved to other games (I'm just continuing to watch the forum from time to time because I'm curious about the changes that the staff of this nice shard will bring next).

I'm a roleplayer just like you (if I didn't misunderstand your posts) and I personally like to play different personalities while roleplaying so each of my characters "thinks" and play differently.

While I agree with most of what you said, THOUGH... though, speaking about roleplaying, honestly some of my characters (usually the soloer ones) take care of my realm mates too besides the realm. So if I know that a realm mate doesn't like that his mates interfere in the fights that he starts then I cannot see a problem to let him win or lose alone just like a courtsey (that is still part of roleplaying). If he loses then you can still do "your job" and try to kill the enemy and so you're still helping your realm (and the mate who died, since he still receives the reward from your kill). Or you can help a mate being added by two or more enemies by attacking one of the others instead of assist your mate.

Realm matters a lot for those like me and you, but realm mates matter as well... of course that's only my own opinion about roleplaying (better explained in this post), and of course you're free to agree or not, I just wanted to give my 2cents.

By the way, if you accept a small suggestion by my own experience here (that brought me to quit in the end): don't talk about this kind of topics on this forum (roleplaying, realm pride, helping mates etc) because you're likely to be ridiculed, derided, insulted in any manner on posts/in-game/YouTube videos by some of the many toxic players out there. Just keep calm, play the way you better like and if possible try to not help whom doesn't want to be helped... just my thought.

Have a good time!
Mon 6 Apr 2020 5:33 PM by Quik
ZioRed wrote:
Mon 6 Apr 2020 1:06 PM
Dear @Quik let me say a thing, even if I stopped playing here from some weeks ago and sadly moved to other games (I'm just continuing to watch the forum from time to time because I'm curious about the changes that the staff of this nice shard will bring next).

I'm a roleplayer just like you (if I didn't misunderstand your posts) and I personally like to play different personalities while roleplaying so each of my characters "thinks" and play differently.

While I agree with most of what you said, THOUGH... though, speaking about roleplaying, honestly some of my characters (usually the soloer ones) take care of my realm mates too besides the realm. So if I know that a realm mate doesn't like that his mates interfere in the fights that he starts then I cannot see a problem to let him win or lose alone just like a courtsey (that is still part of roleplaying). If he loses then you can still do "your job" and try to kill the enemy and so you're still helping your realm (and the mate who died, since he still receives the reward from your kill). Or you can help a mate being added by two or more enemies by attacking one of the others instead of assist your mate.

Realm matters a lot for those like me and you, but realm mates matter as well... of course that's only my own opinion about roleplaying (better explained in this post), and of course you're free to agree or not, I just wanted to give my 2cents.

By the way, if you accept a small suggestion by my own experience here (that brought me to quit in the end): don't talk about this kind of topics on this forum (roleplaying, realm pride, helping mates etc) because you're likely to be ridiculed, derided, insulted in any manner on posts/in-game/YouTube videos by some of the many toxic players out there. Just keep calm, play the way you better like and if possible try to not help whom doesn't want to be helped... just my thought.

Have a good time!

I am not a role player as much as I just try to play a game based more on how I would act in reality.

People get on online games and become the opposite of what they really are because they can and I am the opposite. I tend to play game that are mainly coop and I hate straight PvP in most games. DAoC is the only PvP type game that I love dearly and that is mainly because of the coop aspect of it. I mainly play 8mans and I also run with a zerg. Currently I am lvling an earth wiz and will work on him for awhile, but I played a Skald on mid like 6-8 months ago.

I would solo with my Skald a lot which I obviously won't with my earth wiz so I will mainly be smallman/8man/zerging here on alb and that is fine I have a fun guild that likes to run together.

Any group I personally join has to agree on one thing and that is we won't touch grey xp'ers just because I personally find it more like griefing, but I have no bad feelings if they want to go after grey's because it is part of the game.

Anything else is fair game. Soloers/small mans/whatever, if they are worth RP's then they are fair game.

I love how soloers whine about being rolled by groups, but then those same soleors will roll grey xp'ers and they just don't seem to understand how that is any different LOL.

Let me say this also, if I am running around and I see a 1v1 fight going on and the enemy is at or close to full health, I will engage, but if they are almost dead I will move on. If I see an enemy and someone from my realm engages them at the same time I see them? Yep I am going to engage as well.

The game is not, nor has it ever been, designed for people to have 1v1 fights, and the dev's from day 1 have encouraged people to kill the enemy at all costs. The dev's here have stated there is nothing wrong with adding or not adding and the original dev's encouraged the same style of play.

I am not here to go out of my way to ruin anyone else's fun, but at the same time, if people want a 1v1 honorable fight they need to find a game designed for it, because DAoC was not, nor has it ever been.

And I am not worried about being ridiculed, I have had a ton of PM's from players talking about how they agree and have run into the same issues.

People can hate me all they want, everyone I play with online both in my guild or on my friends list have no issues with me and don't mind how I play, just like I have no issues if they want to play however they want.
Wed 8 Apr 2020 10:43 PM by Nephamael
I don't ask for a solo zone, that can't be accessed by smallmen/fgs or the zerg, i ask for a solozone playable by all solos (not like the narrow melee only zones we got)

I ask for a zone where only solos can teleport in EV, could be in the North or South or one of the corners - and there could be a smallman zone on the opposite side of EV, with a teleporter only for smallmen. - It would give faster access to RvR to those who are weakest (solos) and getting rolled the most therefore. So it would be more enjoyable for them to port in and in and in and get rolled a lot but not having to walk 10 minutes before getting rolled.
Wed 8 Apr 2020 10:55 PM by Nephamael
if we do not make qol improvements for solo play there will be none soon enough - then after those 150 players left the server the smallmen will find themselves in the position of the solos before, getting rolled all day by fgs ... i don't know - so far i thought the DEVs here were smarter than those on Uthgard, but maybe i see things too positive expecting some help to keep the server ENJOYABLE for everyone

edit: there is still not even Hasterners at EV Docks and in EV (around the flags)
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Suggestions or the latest topics